China to develop more aircraft carriers

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
More the merrier I guess.

---

BEIJING: Buoyed by successful trials of its first aircraft carrier, China plans to build more new carriers as it looks to spread out its global naval presence in the midst of maritime disputes with a host of neighbors.

China is planning to build more aircraft carriers in addition to the two-year-old Liaoning, which it purchased from Ukraine and commissioned in 2012, state-run Global Times reported on Monday.

Although Chinese authorities have never openly confirmed whether a homemade carrier is underway, they have also never denied it.

China to develop more aircraft carriers - The Times of India

Hey Japan, hurry up with your nuclear missile program.

In my assessment, China has very vindictive attitude towards Japan. It is like they are clamoring for vengeance.

Yes, they're not exactly kissing cousins. If you watch CCTV, the criticism of Japan by China, North & South Korea, Vietnam, etc., this year has been more vociferous than it's been since the 1940's. Most of that is China though. They're big and rich and they're flexing their muscles. It comes down to territory and the oil that's under that territory. The War College still regards China as the most ominous potential threat against America, not Islam. 12 million hardcore communists run the show over there, less than 1% of the population.

In my assessment, China has very vindictive attitude towards Japan. It is like they are clamoring for vengeance.

Yes, they're not exactly kissing cousins. If you watch CCTV, the criticism of Japan by China, North & South Korea, Vietnam, etc., this year has been more vociferous than it's been since the 1940's. Most of that is China though. They're big and rich and they're flexing their muscles. It comes down to territory and the oil that's under that territory. The War College still regards China as the most ominous potential threat against America, not Islam. 12 million hardcore communists run the show over there, less than 1% of the population.

I have not heard Vietnam complaining that much about Japan. At least not recently. These days Vietnam is more concerned about China than Japan and should be.

Actually both sides are extremely hostile towards one another. Putting all the blame on only one of them, and of course ignoring the role of the U.S., is extremely simplistic and wrong.

I have not heard Vietnam complaining that much about Japan. At least not recently. These days Vietnam is more concerned about China than Japan and should be.

Makes sense. The Vietnamese positively hate China and have for many many centuries.

China has to cover Russias backdoor when Russia pre-emptively nuclear strikes the USA.

China is NOT going to stick their neck out to cover Russia's ass. Make no mistake.

Before 1971 war between India and Pakistan, China promised Pakistan that it will attack India from the east so that India will have very limited offensive capability left against Pakistan. But when the actual war came, China never came to Pakistan's aid and poor Pakistan had to surrender to India after a humiliating defeat. The surrender itself perhaps was one of the most dishonorable surrender in the history of mankind.

Actually both sides are extremely hostile towards one another. Putting all the blame on only one of them, and of course ignoring the role of the U.S., is extremely simplistic and wrong.

Unless you are talking about World War II transgressions of Japan for which Japan has already apologized, I do not see how Japan is being hostile towards China today.

Unless you are talking about World War II transgressions of Japan for which Japan has already apologized, I do not see how Japan is being hostile towards China today.
Senkaku. They're both being belligerent towards each other over those islands.

It is China who is stirring up pot there. Senkau Islands were first surveyed by Japan in mid 1800s. Japan was the first country to do that. Senkaku Islands have been administered by Japan since 1895. In 1970 when oil was discovered near Senkaku, China laid its claim on Senkaku using so called ancient Chinese maps. This is the same bogus tactics Chinese have used against some other nations in the region.

Last edited:
Anyone else seen the Chinese film, Back to 1941? The scale is huge, the story is riveting, and the acting is first rate. It's probably the finest film to come out of China yet. It's about the people of Henan Province who fled the coastal areas for the backcountry trying to stay ahead of the invading Japanese army. Two million of them died of starvation. The film concentrates on the terrible hardships suffered by a single family. "A Spectacular Epic"--Hollywood Reporter

At any rate, a nation that lost 12 million people at the hands of an invading army isn't so ready to forgive, just because the Japanese PM spends twenty minutes at the mike saying "I'm sorry."

Anyone else seen the Chinese film, Back to 1941? The scale is huge, the story is riveting, and the acting is first rate. It's probably the finest film to come out of China yet. It's about the people of Henan Province who fled the coastal areas for the backcountry trying to stay ahead of the invading Japanese army. Two million of them died of starvation. The film concentrates on the terrible hardships suffered by a single family. "A Spectacular Epic"--Hollywood Reporter

At any rate, a nation that lost 12 million people at the hands of an invading army isn't so ready to forgive, just because the Japanese PM spends twenty minutes at the mike saying "I'm sorry."

OK. So China is not willing to forgive and forget Japan. What is their excuse for invading and killing Tibetans?

This kind of vengeance oriented foreign policy of China is going to deal disaster for the region, world and China itself.

It is China who is stirring up pot there. Senkau Islands were first surveyed by Japan in mid 1800s. Japan was the first country to do that. Senkaku Islands have been administered by Japan since 1895. In 1970 when oil was discovered near Senkaku, China laid its claim on Senkaku using so called ancient Chinese maps. This is the same bogus tactics Chinese have used against some other nations in the region.
You say they're bogus, and Japan says they're bogus. That doesn't mean that they are. Here are the facts: China and Japan have both laid claim to these islands, and they're both being aggressive toward the other over possessing them. It's hard to say only China is the aggressor here when you have a Japanese government violating its own constitution to build up its military again in an effort to stake its claim on these islands.

OK. So China is not willing to forgive and forget Japan. What is their excuse for invading and killing Tibetans?

This kind of vengeance oriented foreign policy of China is going to deal disaster for the region, world and China itself.

The communists don't care. If they thought for a New York Minute that they could get away with nuking our cities, they'd do it. The next great conflict in China is going to be internal, the growing middle class made affluent via capitalism, against the entrenched communists who represent a very small proportion of the population, but who'd destroy the country before they'd see their power usurped. They have 400,000 paramilitary riot police to keep all the proles in line.

Forum List

Back