China to develop more aircraft carriers

China has to cover Russias backdoor when Russia pre-emptively nuclear strikes the USA.

No nation-state is going to use nukes. The retaliatory strike assures that. If a nuke is used in anger it's going to be by a terrorist group that got vaporized in the process. The retaliation then wont be nuclear but conventional and devastating against whoever supplied the nuke.

Only country which might conceivably use a nuke is DPRK. If the regime looks unstable and has nothing to loose, I could envision 'little kim' using a nuclear strike to scare the hell out of everyone for money and assurances of not doing it again. Of course by going that route all restraint goes away and the South will roll through the DMZ, Japan, the US and allies will basically take over the North. But being the crazy, delusional 'I'm God' sorta person, Kim might think he'd have a shot.

No one else nation-wise is that crazy not even Putin.

China being an older civilization does not mean China settled Senkaku before Japan given the clear lack of Chinese maritime capabilities. Menzies is the one who started propagating this myth. It goes beyond Menzies though. But the scholars have clearly demonstrated that there is no proof of Chinese ships sailing anywhere near Africa in 1400. There is no record in India either that proves that Chinese visited India through sea in 1400. This is all hoax. You are welcome to believe it. I am done with this topic.

Yes you are done with it.

LOL.....

I am certainly done with China being superior to Japan :) This is not my first rodeo. I have debated with Chinese posters making outlandish claims before. It gets tiring and boring real fast. Communist party has brainwashed Chinese people. Now they are on a mission to brainwash rest of us :)
You kept claiming that Syriusly and myself were biased in favor of the Chinese government, when it's clear from your posts that you're the one who's biased against them. Saying Japan is "superior" to China is a meaningless comment based entirely on nonsense. The so-called superiority is simply a subjective idea based on your own dislike of China, not on anything in reality.

China being an older civilization does not mean China settled Senkaku before Japan given the clear lack of Chinese maritime capabilities. Menzies is the one who started propagating this myth. It goes beyond Menzies though. But the scholars have clearly demonstrated that there is no proof of Chinese ships sailing anywhere near Africa in 1400. There is no record in India either that proves that Chinese visited India through sea in 1400. This is all hoax. You are welcome to believe it. I am done with this topic.

LOL.....

I am certainly done with China being superior to Japan :) This is not my first rodeo. I have debated with Chinese posters making outlandish claims before. It gets tiring and boring real fast. Communist party has brainwashed Chinese people. Now they are on a mission to brainwash rest of us :)

LOL.....Then don't make outlandish claims yourself.

Both the Chinese and Japanese civilizations are older than every Western country- both have reasons to be proud of their accomplishments, and both have events that they would prefer to ignore.

You made outlandish claims. I simply debunked you. Then you wrote large volume of garbage. Finally, now you are creating a straw man argument. Your posting style is textbook example of propaganda.
Actually there was no straw man argument in that post, nor has Syriusly taken China's side on any issue. Your entire contribution to the thread has essentially boiled down to "Nuh uh, China sucks." That simplistic analysis, along with a complete disregard for China's place in history, doesn't cut it.

LOL.....

Both the Chinese and Japanese civilizations are older than every Western country- both have reasons to be proud of their accomplishments, and both have events that they would prefer to ignore.

You made outlandish claims. I simply debunked you. Then you wrote large volume of garbage. Finally, now you are creating a straw man argument. Your posting style is textbook example of propaganda.

LOL.....yeah.....in your dreams.

Oh and by the way- China can't even make its current aircraft carrier work- it is decades away from designing and launching a decent aircraft carrier of its own, let alone have the naval infrastructure to support it.

China has to cover Russias backdoor when Russia pre-emptively nuclear strikes the USA.

No nation-state is going to use nukes. The retaliatory strike assures that. If a nuke is used in anger it's going to be by a terrorist group that got vaporized in the process. The retaliation then wont be nuclear but conventional and devastating against whoever supplied the nuke.

Only country which might conceivably use a nuke is DPRK. If the regime looks unstable and has nothing to loose, I could envision 'little kim' using a nuclear strike to scare the hell out of everyone for money and assurances of not doing it again. Of course by going that route all restraint goes away and the South will roll through the DMZ, Japan, the US and allies will basically take over the North. But being the crazy, delusional 'I'm God' sorta person, Kim might think he'd have a shot.

No one else nation-wise is that crazy not even Putin.

I agree in general with you- but I do think that any nation controlled by a authoritarian government might use nukes IF their country was invaded and IF it looked like they might personally die or be deposed. As you pointed out- a little Kim would probably care less if half of his countries population died if he survived.

LOL.....

You kept claiming that Syriusly and myself were biased in favor of the Chinese government, when it's clear from your posts that you're the one who's biased against them. Saying Japan is "superior" to China is a meaningless comment based entirely on nonsense. The so-called superiority is simply a subjective idea based on your own dislike of China, not on anything in reality.

You are wrong again. It is you who supported Chinese claim on Senkaku based on their ancient advanced civilization. I simply debunked your claim. Go back and read your own post. You are not neutral and I have given you the reasons.

I do not think it is a good idea to take neutral stand when the dispute is between a hegemony and self defense. You are essentially categorizing Japan the victim of Chinese aggression as the aggressor. This is dishonest.

LOL.....

Actually there was no straw man argument in that post, nor has Syriusly taken China's side on any issue. Your entire contribution to the thread has essentially boiled down to "Nuh uh, China sucks." That simplistic analysis, along with a complete disregard for China's place in history, doesn't cut it.

All you are doing is engaging in anti Japan propaganda.

LOL.....

Oh and by the way- China can't even make its current aircraft carrier work- it is decades away from designing and launching a decent aircraft carrier of its own, let alone have the naval infrastructure to support it.

Are you all right?

LOL.....

Are you all right?

I am fine- thank you for your concern.

LOL.....

LOL....you are the only one committed to one side on this issue.

Japan and China both have claims on the rocks(actually Taiwan does too)- Japan's is more solid because it has been recognized for longer.

I tend to support Japan's claim more because I happen to agree with Japan more than China.

That doesn't mean I have to pretend like you do that China never noticed these rocks before 1895.

Are you all right?

I am fine- thank you for your concern.

I am glad to hear that.

Japan and China both have claims on the rocks(actually Taiwan does too)- Japan's is more solid because it has been recognized for longer.

I tend to support Japan's claim more because I happen to agree with Japan more than China.

That doesn't mean I have to pretend like you do that China never noticed these rocks before 1895.

I am committed to reason.

China has no claim. Senkaku is not a disputed territory. It is Japanese.

History is history. As far as today is concerned, Japan is much more respectable player in the region. Japan does not start claiming someone else's territory and start dispute the moment oil is discovered there. However that is the pattern with China.

Listen homie, I notice Julia Roberts too. That does not maker her mine. That is the way it is with Senkaku and China and Japan.

LOL.....

You are wrong again. It is you who supported Chinese claim on Senkaku based on their ancient advanced civilization. I simply debunked your claim. Go back and read your own post. You are not neutral and I have given you the reasons.

I do not think it is a good idea to take neutral stand when the dispute is between a hegemony and self defense. You are essentially categorizing Japan the victim of Chinese aggression as the aggressor. This is dishonest.
I directly stated that I do not support either government's claim to the islands, and yet you continue to get my position wrong. Yet another reason not to take you seriously.

LOL.....

I've said nothing negative about the Japanese, as opposed to your continued attacks on the Chinese.

I am committed to reason.

China has no claim. Senkaku is not a disputed territory. It is Japanese.

History is history. As far as today is concerned, Japan is much more respectable player in the region. Japan does not start claiming someone else's territory and start dispute the moment oil is discovered there. However that is the pattern with China.

Listen homie, I notice Julia Roberts too. That does not maker her mine. That is the way it is with Senkaku and China and Japan.
The bolded portion may be a true statement, but it is completely irrelevant to the topic.

Kevin_Kennedy

I did not get your position wrong. I am talking about the stated position of yours on this thread about Senkaku dispute. It is quite possible that you may have meant to write something else and thought you were writing something else but ended up writing something entirely different. In that case, that is your fault not mine. Your sated position considers Senkaku Islands disputed territory. This is exactly what Chinese wanted. They have been successful at labeling Senku, an undisputed territory as disputed territory. That is not a neutral stance. On top of that you floated Chinese propaganda.

There is nothing negative to say about Japan so if you are not saying anything negative about Japan, it simply means that you are doing the right thing. Unfortunately however, there are quite a few negative things about China. Pointing out those actions of China which can be characterized as crimes against humanity (e.g., Tibet and Xinjiang), intimidation of weaker neighbors (e.g., Philippines), making irrational territorial claims with total disregard to peace and security (e.g., Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, India and so on) is not negativity against China. It is called obligation to speak truth. It is certainly not an attack on Chinese.

Japan's character as a responsible player in the region commands respect and credibility and is therefore relevant to the topic.

carriers-2013.gif

Kevin_Kennedy

I did not get your position wrong. I am talking about the stated position of yours on this thread about Senkaku dispute. It is quite possible that you may have meant to write something else and thought you were writing something else but ended up writing something entirely different. In that case, that is your fault not mine. Your sated position considers Senkaku Islands disputed territory. This is exactly what Chinese wanted. They have been successful at labeling Senku, an undisputed territory as disputed territory. That is not a neutral stance. On top of that you floated Chinese propaganda.

There is nothing negative to say about Japan so if you are not saying anything negative about Japan, it simply means that you are doing the right thing. Unfortunately however, there are quite a few negative things about China. Pointing out those actions of China which can be characterized as crimes against humanity (e.g., Tibet and Xinjiang), intimidation of weaker neighbors (e.g., Philippines), making irrational territorial claims with total disregard to peace and security (e.g., Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, India and so on) is not negativity against China. It is called obligation to speak truth. It is certainly not an attack on Chinese.

Japan's character as a responsible player in the region commands respect and credibility and is therefore relevant to the topic.
Here are my exact words with a link to the post that they appeared in so that everyone can see that there is no way to possibly get my position wrong, unless that position is inconvenient so you simply make up a straw man argument.
My position is that neither Japan nor China has a legitimate claim to the islands...
That you continue to erroneously claim I'm on China's side, or spewing Chinese propaganda is clearly nonsense. Even if everything you said is true and you left out absolutely no other facts there is nothing controversial whatsoever about stating that there is a dispute over these islands. Even if Japan is completely in the right and China completely in the wrong there is still a dispute, otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it at all.

"There is nothing negative to say about Japan..." Well that shows who the biased poster in this thread is. Abe is unconstitutionally building up Japan's military over this issue, which is something negative to say. Diplomacy is the way forward, not belligerence. Which, again, is not to say that China isn't also being belligerent. They are. Conducting military exercises over the islands and unilaterally declaring them Chinese territory is an example of their belligerence.

As for floating Chinese propaganda, I'm going to need you to provide a link to that. All I've pointed out is that China was at one point one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet, and this was long before Japan flourished. And that's not a dig against Japan anymore than it's a dig against the United States to say that both China and Japan were advanced long before we were even a nation at all.

The point is that you have some vendetta against China, and you're projecting that onto those of us who point out that things aren't simply black and white by stating that we're propagandists for China and that we hate Japan. Get real.

Kevin_Kennedy

Here are my exact words with a link to the post that they appeared in so that everyone can see that there is no way to possibly get my position wrong, unless that position is inconvenient so you simply make up a straw man argument.
My position is that neither Japan nor China has a legitimate claim to the islands...
That you continue to erroneously claim I'm on China's side, or spewing Chinese propaganda is clearly nonsense. Even if everything you said is true and you left out absolutely no other facts there is nothing controversial whatsoever about stating that there is a dispute over these islands. Even if Japan is completely in the right and China completely in the wrong there is still a dispute, otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it at all.

"There is nothing negative to say about Japan..." Well that shows who the biased poster in this thread is. Abe is unconstitutionally building up Japan's military over this issue, which is something negative to say. Diplomacy is the way forward, not belligerence. Which, again, is not to say that China isn't also being belligerent. They are. Conducting military exercises over the islands and unilaterally declaring them Chinese territory is an example of their belligerence.

As for floating Chinese propaganda, I'm going to need you to provide a link to that. All I've pointed out is that China was at one point one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet, and this was long before Japan flourished. And that's not a dig against Japan anymore than it's a dig against the United States to say that both China and Japan were advanced long before we were even a nation at all.

The point is that you have some vendetta against China, and you're projecting that onto those of us who point out that things aren't simply black and white by stating that we're propagandists for China and that we hate Japan. Get real.

You have demonstrated your hostility towards Japanese people by expecting them to not modify their constitution in order to be able to defend themselves against Chinese aggression. That shows on your part a clear disregard for safety and security of Japanese people. Your incessant anti Japanese posts are nothing but deplorable.

Kevin_Kennedy

You have demonstrated your hostility towards Japanese people by expecting them to not modify their constitution in order to be able to defend themselves against Chinese aggression. That shows on your part a clear disregard for safety and security of Japanese people. Your incessant anti Japanese posts are nothing but deplorable.
And your claim that the Japanese constitution was "modified" shows you don't know what you're talking about. The constitution wasn't modified but merely ignored.

Reinterpreting Article 9 endangers Japan s rule of law The Japan Times

Forum List

Back