Chicken economics

Chicken Thighs are the best
I tend to agree as they are flavorful and well as versatile.

Being a man of simple tastes sometimes I just slow boil them with onions, celery, carrot, S&P till the meat slides off the bones.

Strain, pick/reserve the meat, add some chicken broth/stock to bring the liquid level up to where I want it.

Add the meat, bring to a boil, add broad egg noodles, bring it all to a boil again then take it off the heat and cover.

The noodles absorb the liquid but the noodles stay firm.

"Soupyness" depends on the amount of stock vs the amount of noodles.....In fact you can do chicken noodle soup the same way using thinner noodles and more stock.

It's also a good way to "stretch" one of those Costco roasted chickens.....After we have eaten the meat the rest goes in a pot to be boiled off for "Noodles". ;)

I remember when you bought chicken in the Supermarket 40 years ago, you had two choices……Whole chicken or chicken quarters.

Chicken quarters were Breast, Thigh, Leg and Wing
Nobody would buy wings otherwise

Now, Wings are the most expensive section and you must buy all Breasts, all Thighs, all Legs or all Wings

I don't roast chickens because I cannot buy a raw whole chicken for cheaper than Costco can give me a perfectly cooked rotisserie chicken.

Forum List

Back