Chicago Finds Disgusting Way To Save Cash

Sometimes, Two Thumbs, that's true. Not always. Some people are too poor to claim the remains of their loved ones for burial.

So we should pay for them?

Come on folks all we're talking about here are dead bodies. The dead care not.

I think we should dispose of them like the Tibetans

Sky Burial

So when people can't, actually do not have any money for a funeral.

fuckem?

that's ice cold. You may not give a fuck about respecting the dead, but most of humanity does.

I would think they would have rather have been respected when they were alive.

Send off to where a hole in the ground?

The body is nothing but a mixture of water and a few elements that will return to their natural state for free.

Chemical Composition of the Human Body

So dead bodies should just be chucked onto the street than?

didn't say that, did I?

Decomposing corpses are a public health risk so burn them, bury them, or feed them to the lions in the zoo. The dead don't know or care what happens to their bodies.

Feed them to the lions?:eek:

Sky Burial

fuckem?

that's ice cold. You may not give a fuck about respecting the dead, but most of humanity does.

Doesn't make what the Cook County ME's Office is doing any more right, or legal, Skull Pilot.

[You might as well say any given imaginary character exists because I imagine it.

Also, they, too will eventually die.

In the end, as the universe approaches maximum entropy, there will be nothing at all.

The Preachers of Death < Thus Spoke Zarathustra < Friedrich Nietzsche <4umi word

BTW, the odds are against you.

Ever hear of Pascal's Wager?

Pascal's Wager

In the seventeenth century the mathematician Blaise Pascal formulated his infamous pragmatic argument for belief in God in Pensées. The argument runs as follows:

If you erroneously believe in God, you lose nothing (assuming that death is the absolute end), whereas if you correctly believe in God, you gain everything (eternal bliss). But if you correctly disbelieve in God, you gain nothing (death ends all), whereas if you erroneously disbelieve in God, you lose everything (eternal damnation).

How should you bet? Regardless of any evidence for or against the existence of God, Pascal argued that failure to accept God's existence risks losing everything with no payoff on any count.

The best bet, then, is to accept the existence of God. There have been several objections to the wager: that a person cannot simply will himself to believe something that is evidently false to him; that the wager would apply as much to belief in the wrong God as it would to disbelief in all gods, leaving the the believer in any particular god in the same situation as the atheist or agnostic; that God would not reward belief in him based solely on hedging one's bets; and so on.

Last edited:

fuckem?

Doesn't make what the Cook County ME's Office is doing any more right, or legal, Skull Pilot.

Legal maybe not. But it's hardly "wrong" in the natural sense.

A dead human is no different than any other dead animal. Humans are only different when they are alive. I'll worry about the living before i waste time on the dead.

Last edited:

Sky Burial

fuckem?

Not sure what you mean by that.

Living homeless is frikken hard.

Knew a man that used his last bit of money to buy a tent, popped it up on top of a large boulder, then he went about working what ever he could, keeping just enough to feed himself, the rest went to his debt.

I respected him the most outta the 3 homeless men I know. 1 of them is a total bum who woulda starved if it weren't for the other.

An employee of the Cook County medical examiner's office testified last year in court that the office had placed indigent babies in the same casket with numerous fetuses and other remains, contrary to what the office said last week was its policy.

After Sheriff Tom Dart last week called the way the county buries indigent and unidentified people "appalling," the medical examiner's office said it allows only the remains of fetuses and stillborn babies to be combined in a single casket. Otherwise, every body — even of young children — is individually placed in a casket, said Jessey Neves, a county spokeswoman.

But Michael McReynolds, an employee of the medical examiner's office, testified in May in a Circuit Court trial that the body of a month-old baby who died in 2003 was placed in a casket with the remains of at least 42 others, often a combination of babies, fetuses and body parts, a transcript shows.

Remains were added to the casket over the course of several weeks, perhaps even longer, before eventually being shipped to Homewood Memorial Gardens, McReynolds said. There the casket was buried in a trench with the bodies of other unknown and indigent people, he said.

Babies buried with other remains in Cook County - chicagotribune.com

Jesus H. Christ, this is barbaric.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, why waste time burring anything?

Burn it all to cinders.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Living homeless is frikken hard.

Knew a man that used his last bit of money to buy a tent, popped it up on top of a large boulder, then he went about working what ever he could, keeping just enough to feed himself, the rest went to his debt.

I respected him the most outta the 3 homeless men I know. 1 of them is a total bum who woulda starved if it weren't for the other.

Not talking about living as a homeless person but dying as one.

Do you really care what happens to your rotting corpse after you croak? It's just waste material.

I bet Caligirl and JB's heads explode when they think of all the money we've wasted here:

arlington_national_cemetery.jpg

Whoever said cemeteries are for the living, not the dead, is right. Its the living that pay these people's salaries, and we expect them to treat our dead with dignity.

Not indifference.

A dead human is no different than any other dead animal. Humans are only different when they are alive. I'll worry about the living before i waste time on the dead.

It is a primal instinct in almost every known human society that has ever existed to dispose of human remains with respect, Skull Pilot. Not everyone is comfy regarding dead human bodies only as medical waste -- and BTW, even if regarded as such, the ME's Office still violated the law.

You cannot store medical waste in a refrigerator for 42 months before disposing of it.

It is a primal instinct in almost every known human society that has ever existed to dispose of human remains with respect, Skull Pilot. not everyone is comfy regarding them only as medical waste -- and BTW, even if regarded as such, the ME's Office still violated the law.

You cannot store medical waste in a refrigerator for 42 months before disposing of it.

I've already agreed the ME violated the law but the larger issue is why do you all have your panties in a twist over rotting corpses?

There is nothing left to respect in a dead body. it doesn't matter how corpses are disposed of.

It is a primal instinct in almost every known human society that has ever existed to dispose of human remains with respect, Skull Pilot. Not everyone is comfy regarding dead human bodies only as medical waste -- and BTW, even if regarded as such, the ME's Office still violated the law.

There is no defense of this Maddy, on any level.

There are only two types of people who would argue that this is acceptable practice:

1. Hypocrites with an ulterior motive.
2. The morally bankrupt.

It is a primal instinct in almost every known human society that has ever existed to dispose of human remains with respect, Skull Pilot. not everyone is comfy regarding them only as medical waste -- and BTW, even if regarded as such, the ME's Office still violated the law.

I've already agreed the ME violated the law but the larger issue is why do you all have your panties in a twist over rotting corpses?

There is nothing left to respect in a dead body. it doesn't matter how corpses are disposed of.

Well, violation of the law regarding the proper disposal of bodies by a Medical Examiner struck me as kinda important all on its own, Skull Pilot.

Beyond that, I dun see how you can expect everyone in Cook County to be willing to adopt your attitude about dead bodies. Surely your realize, you're a tad unique on this point?

Surely your realize, you're a tad unique
[/FONT]

It's a gift.

Barbaric? No. Hysterical whining by Maddie? Yes.

I see, so poor people are not entitled to any decency in burial? Stored for up to 42 months until they "have enough" carcasses collected seem okay to you? Buried in trenches?

You are a heartless ass, CG.

Or...perhaps I just see things differently to you. No, that can't be right.... I must be a 'heartless ass' because I am not overly concerned with the physical remains of a shell. When I die, they can do whatever they want with my body.... actually, I kind of fancy donating my remains to the 'Body Farm'.... it's just a shell.... it's meaningless. What matters is the memory of the person who died.... not some shell.

So I take it then you have no problems with Necrophilia?

I see, so poor people are not entitled to any decency in burial? Stored for up to 42 months until they "have enough" carcasses collected seem okay to you? Buried in trenches?

You are a heartless ass, CG.

Or...perhaps I just see things differently to you. No, that can't be right.... I must be a 'heartless ass' because I am not overly concerned with the physical remains of a shell. When I die, they can do whatever they want with my body.... actually, I kind of fancy donating my remains to the 'Body Farm'.... it's just a shell.... it's meaningless. What matters is the memory of the person who died.... not some shell.

So I take it then you have no problems with Necrophilia?

Naw, I'm gonna go with my first guess.

Heartless ass.

Combine what ernie said and what cg said, mixed with whomever said cremation give more room and there is my opinion. Somewhere in there.

[You might as well say any given imaginary character exists because I imagine it.

Also, they, too will eventually die.

In the end, as the universe approaches maximum entropy, there will be nothing at all.

The Preachers of Death < Thus Spoke Zarathustra < Friedrich Nietzsche <4umi word

BTW, the odds are against you.

Ever hear of Pascal's Wager?

:lol:

Based on a false dichotomy

If Odin is real and you lived as a Christian, he's going to be pissed.

Only retards forward pascal's fallacy

A refutation of Pascal

1. With a choice of many Gods, some of which make it clear that one cannot believe in more then one of them, one must pick which God to follow in order to get the best of rewards and avoid the worst of the punishments.
2. If God can see into people’s hearts, then will such a god be pleased by a believer who merely believes out of fear and greed?

Atheism 101: Refuting Pascal&#039;s Wager - Philadelphia atheism | Examiner.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back