Chicago Finds Disgusting Way To Save Cash

And what better way to honor that memory than by dumping it in a box with a bunch of other nameless bodies and parts, and burying it in a hole where no one will ever find it again?

Um... we want people to 'find' them after they're buried?

The bodies of most people who have ever died will never be 'found'. They decay, they get eaten, they get crushed in an earthquake or burned by a volcanic eruption...

It's a body. It's not the person. The person has gone. The remains are meaningless. That is my view. And I am as entitled to hold it as you are to hold yours. I am not an overly emotional person.... I am not prone to overly emotional attachment to a body. I am prone to an emotional attachment to the person who used to inhabit that body. No one can take the essence of the person who died from those who loved them.

You do realize that this mirrors the view of many on the pro-choice side, save that the person isn't there yet as opposed to having left, right?

And what better way to honor that memory than by dumping it in a box with a bunch of other nameless bodies and parts, and burying it in a hole where no one will ever find it again?

A wonderful legacy. Beautiful, and poignant.

I wonder if that baby shared your view of her body?

It's a body. It's not the person. The person has gone. The remains are meaningless. That is my view. And I am as entitled to hold it as you are to hold yours. I am not an overly emotional person.... I am not prone to overly emotional attachment to a body. I am prone to an emotional attachment to the person who used to inhabit that body. No one can take the essence of the person who died from those who loved them.

And if that girl, or her family, don't share your opinion....

Fuck them.

Sure makes it easy to attack Maddy, doesn't it?

:)
When did she attack maddie?

Why not just cremate them? Seems that the burial is a waste of money and space when the point of burial is to give families a physical location to visit their deceased loved ones. Even if the state decided to bury the cremated remains they could bury each one separately using far less space.
I'd imagine one shovel costs less that the fuel for numerous cremations

Send off to where a hole in the ground?

The body is nothing but a mixture of water and a few elements that will return to their natural state for free.

Chemical Composition of the Human Body

So dead bodies should just be chucked onto the street than?

No, but there are very cheap alternatives to this whole 'casket and plot' stuff. I lean towards one of the 'green' burial options. Cheap, natural and better for the environment. I take the whole Catholic attitude of 'remember man that thou are dust and to the dust thou shalt return' quite seriously. No need for a box or a 'plot'. I prefer the idea of being buried without the trimmings... in a biodegradable box so that I can sustain the land of my birth. Or, they can throw me out in the 'Body Farm' and study me as I rot. Either is cool.

My Catholic Church charges $250 for a funeral Mass and $80 for the organist.

When I die, doctors will cut out anything they can use for medicine. Then the scientists get whatever they want. I think they burn the rest but I'm not one-hundred percent on that detail.

What if they get individual plots but no casket? Would that be such a horrible thing?

It's not like plenty of people haven't been buried without boxes in the past.

Maybe Maddie can start a fund people can donate to if they want to buy caskets for these people?

The people of Cook County pay taxes and were promised, in exchange, their dead would be treated with dignity. This is a type of fraud on the taxpayer...and it's cruel.

Funerals are expensive, isn't it around $8000-10000 just for the basic funeral with casket and plot of land? unless you choose cremation your gonna have to pay alot, I feel sorry for people who don't have the money to give their loved ones a decent send off.

The body is nothing but a mixture of water and a few elements that will return to their natural state for free.

Bury it in a field and let nature run its course after

When I die, doctors will cut out anything they can use for medicine. Then the scientists get whatever they want. I think they burn the rest but I'm not one-hundred percent on that detail.

The minute that I got home from the hospital after my father died, the goolies were calling me trying to get pemission to havest the hell out of him.

I talked to my undertaker about my refusing them and he said I did the right thing. He said they virtually destroy the body and what is left cannot be fixed by him.

The minute that I got home from the hospital after my father died, the goolies were calling me trying to get pemission to havest the hell out of him.

They already have mine. The MVD here can register you as an organ donor for transplant and/or research at your request.

Once I cease to exist, why shouldn't they use my body to help others if they can?

I talked to my undertaker about my refusing them and he said I did the right thing. He said they virtually destroy the body and what is left cannot be fixed by him.
Why do I care whether he can 'fix' what can't be used to help others? Dig a hole, put the flesh in it, and bury it. Nature will handle the rest. I think I rather like the idea of my body serving to help a beautiful garden flourish. Maybe someone could plant wild roses over my corpse? It's a nice thought, though I won't be around to enjoy them.

I'll have died. I won't exist anymore.
You mean you believe in an "off" switch?
I'll be neither on nor off. I won't be. Just as numerous other who were never are. Such is the way of the world- what was and is will some day no longer be.

But you do exist if only in the memory of others.

Here is a poem that every Russian child learned and memorized:

Wait For Me
Wait for me and I'll return
Only wait very hard
Wait when you are filled with sorrow as you watch the yellow rain
Wait when the winds sweep the snow drifts
Wait in the sweltering heat
Wait when others have stopped waiting
Forgetting their yesterdays
Wait even when from afar no letters come to you
Wait even when others are tired of waiting
Wait even when my mother and son think I am no more
And when friends sit around the fire drinking to my memory
Wait and do not hurry to drink to my memory too
Wait for I'll return defying every death
And let those who do not wait say that I was lucky
They never will understand that in the midst of death
You with your waiting saved me
Only you and I will know how I survived
It's because you've waited
As no one else did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funerals are expensive, isn't it around $8000-10000 just for the basic funeral with casket and plot of land? unless you choose cremation your gonna have to pay alot, I feel sorry for people who don't have the money to give their loved ones a decent send off.

didn't say that, did I?

Decomposing corpses are a public health risk so burn them, bury them, or feed them to the lions in the zoo. The dead don't know or care what happens to their bodies.

Forum List

Back