Chicago Finds Disgusting Way To Save Cash

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
An employee of the Cook County medical examiner's office testified last year in court that the office had placed indigent babies in the same casket with numerous fetuses and other remains, contrary to what the office said last week was its policy.

After Sheriff Tom Dart last week called the way the county buries indigent and unidentified people "appalling," the medical examiner's office said it allows only the remains of fetuses and stillborn babies to be combined in a single casket. Otherwise, every body — even of young children — is individually placed in a casket, said Jessey Neves, a county spokeswoman.

But Michael McReynolds, an employee of the medical examiner's office, testified in May in a Circuit Court trial that the body of a month-old baby who died in 2003 was placed in a casket with the remains of at least 42 others, often a combination of babies, fetuses and body parts, a transcript shows.

Remains were added to the casket over the course of several weeks, perhaps even longer, before eventually being shipped to Homewood Memorial Gardens, McReynolds said. There the casket was buried in a trench with the bodies of other unknown and indigent people, he said.

Babies buried with other remains in Cook County - chicagotribune.com

Jesus H. Christ, this is barbaric.

Your thoughts?

An employee of the Cook County medical examiner's office testified last year in court that the office had placed indigent babies in the same casket with numerous fetuses and other remains, contrary to what the office said last week was its policy.

After Sheriff Tom Dart last week called the way the county buries indigent and unidentified people "appalling," the medical examiner's office said it allows only the remains of fetuses and stillborn babies to be combined in a single casket. Otherwise, every body — even of young children — is individually placed in a casket, said Jessey Neves, a county spokeswoman.

But Michael McReynolds, an employee of the medical examiner's office, testified in May in a Circuit Court trial that the body of a month-old baby who died in 2003 was placed in a casket with the remains of at least 42 others, often a combination of babies, fetuses and body parts, a transcript shows.

Remains were added to the casket over the course of several weeks, perhaps even longer, before eventually being shipped to Homewood Memorial Gardens, McReynolds said. There the casket was buried in a trench with the bodies of other unknown and indigent people, he said.

Your thoughts?

Poor Americans aren't even entitled to a decent burial, yet theiving Mexican invaders are demanding benefits that even Americans can't get.

"God is watching what they do."​

Barbaric? No. Hysterical whining by Maddie? Yes.

I see, so poor people are not entitled to any decency in burial? Stored for up to 42 months until they "have enough" carcasses collected seem okay to you? Buried in trenches?

You are a heartless ass, CG.

Or...perhaps I just see things differently to you. No, that can't be right.... I must be a 'heartless ass' because I am not overly concerned with the physical remains of a shell. When I die, they can do whatever they want with my body.... actually, I kind of fancy donating my remains to the 'Body Farm'.... it's just a shell.... it's meaningless. What matters is the memory of the person who died.... not some shell.

I was talking to an undertaker a few years ago and he advised "Never die in Mexico."

He said that a family had shipped him a body for funeral and burial in the US, but what Mexicans do to bodies there made it impossible for him to fix.

CLOSED CASKET PLEASE!

Barbaric? No. Hysterical whining by Maddie? Yes.

I see, so poor people are not entitled to any decency in burial? Stored for up to 42 months until they "have enough" carcasses collected seem okay to you? Buried in trenches?

Or...perhaps I just see things differently to you. No, that can't be right.... I must be a 'heartless ass' because I am not overly concerned with the physical remains of a shell. When I die, they can do whatever they want with my body.... actually, I kind of fancy donating my remains to the 'Body Farm'.... it's just a shell.... it's meaningless. What matters is the memory of the person who died.... not some shell.

And what better way to honor that memory than by dumping it in a box with a bunch of other nameless bodies and parts, and burying it in a hole where no one will ever find it again?

A wonderful legacy. Beautiful, and poignant.

I wonder if that baby shared your view of her body?

And what better way to honor that memory than by dumping it in a box with a bunch of other nameless bodies and parts, and burying it in a hole where no one will ever find it again?

It's a body. It's not the person. The person has gone. The remains are meaningless. That is my view. And I am as entitled to hold it as you are to hold yours. I am not an overly emotional person.... I am not prone to overly emotional attachment to a body. I am prone to an emotional attachment to the person who used to inhabit that body. No one can take the essence of the person who died from those who loved them.

They're dead, they don't care what happens to their carcasses.

Get over it. There is nothing sacred about a corpse.

Last edited:

It's a body. It's not the person. The person has gone. The remains are meaningless. That is my view. And I am as entitled to hold it as you are to hold yours. I am not an overly emotional person.... I am not prone to overly emotional attachment to a body. I am prone to an emotional attachment to the person who used to inhabit that body. No one can take the essence of the person who died from those who loved them.

And if that girl, or her family, don't share your opinion....

Fuck them.

Sure makes it easy to attack Maddy, doesn't it?

:)

So your not afraid of some filthy migrant perfoming "necrophilia"?

Babies buried with other remains in Cook County - chicagotribune.com

Your thoughts?
Daley, Hitler, Sadam.... mass graves.:eek:

Why not just cremate them? Seems that the burial is a waste of money and space when the point of burial is to give families a physical location to visit their deceased loved ones. Even if the state decided to bury the cremated remains they could bury each one separately using far less space.

So your not afraid of some filthy migrant perfoming "necrophilia"?

Not any more than some filthy American doing likewise.

I keep trying to convince my wife that when I die, she should throw what's left into the farmer's field behind our house. When I've gone, all that will remain is a couple hundred pounds of meat and bone, and I would rather it went to feed fellow travelers on this rock.

What made me ME will be long gone. I won't care what happens to the remains. My husk should go to feed the animals, as animals have died to feed me. Not be put in a pretty box to rot in the ground.

She on the other hand, wants to be cremated and put in the same urn with her father, mother and sister.

And if that girl, or her family, don't share your opinion....

Fuck them.

Sure makes it easy to attack Maddy, doesn't it?

:)

Maddie makes it easy to attack Maddie. She's overly emotional.... and woe betide anyone who dares disagree with her 'fact'. When she's capable of rational thought, I'll take her seriously. Until then, not so much.

I made no comment on the individual case. I commented only on the theory of the method of burial. See, I am capable of differentiating between the two, and you are incapable of basic comprehension.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back