Charles Lindberg was very unique. Below is why.

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Lindberg was a pioneer in aviation when he flew in 1927 from New York to Paris across the Atlantic. Yet he lived long enough to see NASA put an american on the moon.

If someone or something is "unique", it's already one of a kind. You can't qualify it by adding "very".

Well, I'd say you can.

You can have people who are "unique" because they do something slightly different. Then you have people who are "very unique" because they do something very differently.

Like, you have a guy who sucks his milk out of his cup with a double headed straw. That's unique, but a guy who sucks his milk up out of his cup with his ass is... very unique.

If someone or something is "unique", it's already one of a kind. You can't qualify it by adding "very".
That is a very unique statement. Reason, yours. Actually yours is not one of a kind.

The definition of "unique" is, one of a kind. Very unique is an absurdity. Something cannot be more unique or less unique. Or very unique. The Hope Diamond is unique. Enough said.
If I said you are unique, that is not true.
Why the derailing by ??? Are you a Democrat?

Did Democrats make that claim?
No , historians did

Lindbergh’s aviation heroics coupled with the public’s anguish over the kidnapping and murder of his young child should have been enough to afford him a lifetime of goodwill — but that isn’t what happened. Instead, he performed one of the most notorious heel-turns in American history and revealed himself to be a nativist anti-Semite, and possibly even a Nazi-sympathizer, to the shock of the American public.

Lindbergh would spend the years leading up to World War II actively campaigning to “protect the white race” and for the U.S. to maintain strict neutrality toward Nazi Germany. He even flew to Germany to receive a medal in person from Hermann Göring, the infamous commander of Nazi Germany’s Luftwaffe, on behalf of Adolph Hitler himself.

But it was his association with the nativist America First Committee (AFC) that would ultimately become his epitaph.
During one infamous 1941 rally in Iowa, Lindbergh said, “The British and the Jewish races, for reasons which are not American, wish to involve us in the war… Their greatest danger to this country lies in their large ownership and influence in our motion pictures, our press, our radio, and our government.”

The voice is the voice of Lindbergh, but the words are the words of Hitler,” the San Francisco Chronicle wrote. And a New York Herald Tribune columnist declared, “I am absolutely certain that Lindbergh is pro-Nazi.”
America first, Gee, where have I heard that before?

Last edited:
No , historians did

If not first, would you place it last?

Historians you say. But you excluded Democrats. Who do you believe are the Historians?

No , historians did

Here is the charges against the FDR Democrats.
Charles did not want war.

FDR however did want war.
Democrats also wanted war.
So they attacked Charles for not wanting war.

No, he wasn't. He may have been an anti-Semite, and he was certainly anti-Semite adjacent at the very least, but he wasn't a Nazi.

But hey, way to Godwin the thread with the first response...
FDR was super anti Semite. So much so he barred Jews coming to the USA on the Ship.

Forum List

Back