Changes in behavior regarding posting styles at USMB

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
After reading some whining threads with topics about who is or isn't on an ignore list, and annoying MS Paint images and font colors and centering and so forth, I got to thinking (yes, it does hurt):

Anyway, there are some things I no longer do when posting.

Except in the context of posting a poem or song (and -- even then --purely for the sake of the art of the matter), I no longer center anything I post. Certainly not my own musings.

I no longer tell people when I have placed them on ignore.

I rarely bother placing anybody on ignore for that matter.

It took a long time, but I generally NOW (recent decision) choose not to post text in a large font (except for an occasional use of that tool as emphasis, mostly within a quote-box).

So here's my question for you good people.

What kind of things do you no longer do when posting? If you remember why you stopped doing those things, consider sharing why.

I post like I talk. And I'm sort of an...animated kind of person when I get onto something. I had a nasty habit for a while of using lots of italics for emphasis.

If you ever see me do it anymore, ignore it. I'm probably just drunk.

Other than that, every board has its own preferences as to posting styles. I don't do some things here I do at other places where it's expected, like center, use outline format or post in different fonts and colors. I guess I'm just a conformist. ;)

I've learned to let things go. When people are being idiots, I just let them be and embarrass themselves for being so ridiculous.

And I've learned to keep too much anger from coming out in my posts. You only get flamed when you're the one looking idiotic...at least on some boards...people attack.

But this is all not to say that I won't ever have my moments in future. :p

I don't post near as often in politics as I used to.

After you've read the same arguments 50 times, it's hard to stay interested.

I'm considering changing my alignment from lawful good to chaotic evil, just to add some excitement.

I don't read anything (pro or con) having to do with Palin or Global Warming or Dante.

I stalk Goldcatt.

I've begun at least wearing underwear while posting.

Sig line font size and color shall remain untouched you blasphemer!

I have disabled sig lines.

Why? Some of the most revealing comments come from sig lines.

How can you post your sig line if you've got sig lines disabled?

It is a puzzlement.

You can choose to "Not View" Siggys and/or Avatars in your user control panal.

:eusa_hand:

There's quite enough revelation in everyone's posts for my requirements.

I don't read anything (pro or con) having to do with Palin or Global Warming or Dante.

I stalk Goldcatt.

I've begun at least wearing underwear while posting.

That's my favorite stalker! :clap2:

31-1.png

I post like I talk. And I'm sort of an...animated kind of person when I get onto something. I had a nasty habit for a while of using lots of italics for emphasis.

If you ever see me do it anymore, ignore it. I'm probably just drunk.

Other than that, every board has its own preferences as to posting styles. I don't do some things here I do at other places where it's expected, like center, use outline format or post in different fonts and colors. I guess I'm just a conformist. ;)

Ditto...:eusa_whistle: :)

It is a puzzlement.

True. But they do bolster the character of a poster.

It is a puzzlement.

True. But they do bolster the character of a poster.

Maybe, but there's always the asshole that uses some huge fucking picture, or has like, 15 quotes, that just clutter up the page the FIRST time I see it. The 100th time I see it its more than an annoyance.

Stopped responding to uninformed idiots and rather have a good private laugh...Explaining their err does no good.

Luckily for you, you have no errs of your own to point out.

It is a puzzlement.

Samson said:
Maybe, but there's always the asshole that uses some huge fucking picture, or has like, 15 quotes, that just clutter up the page the FIRST time I see it. The 100th time I see it its more than an annoyance.

I have them disabled as well. To much worthless bull shit to be viewed repetitively.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back