Changes in behavior regarding posting styles at USMB

You can choose to "Not View" Siggys and/or Avatars in your user control panal.

:eusa_hand:

There's quite enough revelation in everyone's posts for my requirements.

True. But they do bolster the character of a poster.

Maybe, but there's always the asshole that uses some huge fucking picture, or has like, 15 quotes, that just clutter up the page the FIRST time I see it. The 100th time I see it its more than an annoyance.

I thought this place had limits? As to my place? I'm more flexible...but I get the gist of your post.

After reading some whining threads with topics about who is or isn't on an ignore list, and annoying MS Paint images and font colors and centering and so forth, I got to thinking (yes, it does hurt):

Anyway, there are some things I no longer do when posting.

Except in the context of posting a poem or song (and -- even then --purely for the sake of the art of the matter), I no longer center anything I post. Certainly not my own musings.

I no longer tell people when I have placed them on ignore.

I rarely bother placing anybody on ignore for that matter.

It took a long time, but I generally NOW (recent decision) choose not to post text in a large font (except for an occasional use of that tool as emphasis, mostly within a quote-box).

So here's my question for you good people.

What kind of things do you no longer do when posting? If you remember why you stopped doing those things, consider sharing why.

I no longer post pictures of my nude body smeared in my own feces.

After reading some whining threads with topics about who is or isn't on an ignore list, and annoying MS Paint images and font colors and centering and so forth, I got to thinking (yes, it does hurt):

Except in the context of posting a poem or song (and -- even then --purely for the sake of the art of the matter), I no longer center anything I post. Certainly not my own musings.

It took a long time, but I generally NOW (recent decision) choose not to post text in a large font (except for an occasional use of that tool as emphasis, mostly within a quote-box).

What kind of things do you no longer do when posting? If you remember why you stopped doing those things, consider sharing why.

They have turned you into a lemming. :lol:

By "they", are you referring to "The Man"?

By "they", are you referring to "The Man"?

If he was told to change his behavior/posting style, then that would be "the Man"

No. But, once I saw how hideous the posting "style" of some folks can be, I do learn from experience.

Like, for example, the posting "style" of that retarded Mr. Shemale and his indiscriminate combination of centering his own words in a post and his behavior of randomly highlighting some of the words with a font size change and his equally random choice of inserting font color changes collectively make his posts more or less unreadable. (Not tat he ever says much worth reading anyway.)

So, it's kinda the opposite of lemming behavior.

It's more: monkey see, monkey DON'T do.

And, like Dr. Xox, I have don't cover myself in feces. (There are more than enough libs around here trying to do that "for" me.)

:D

I no longer post with my mouth full, of food, that is, not cock, in case anyone was hoping to suggest as such. Although if I were in your position, I'd attempt just that.

What you've just witnessed is a classic example of e-damage limitation, and I suggest you try it for yourselves... because you never know where Dante's lurking, eh, Liability.

I no longer post with my mouth full, of food, that is, not cock, in case anyone was hoping to suggest as such. Although if I were in your position, I'd attempt just that.

What you've just witnessed is a classic example of e-damage limitation, and I suggest you try it for yourselves... because you never know where Dante's lurking, eh, Liability.

:lol:

No. But, once I saw how hideous the posting "style" of some folks can be, I do learn from experience.

Like, for example, the posting "style" of that retarded Mr. Shemale and his indiscriminate combination of centering his own words in a post and his behavior of randomly highlighting some of the words with a font size change and his equally random choice of inserting font color changes collectively make his posts more or less unreadable. (Not tat he ever says much worth reading anyway.)

And, like Dr. Xox, I have don't cover myself in feces. (There are more than enough libs around here trying to do that "for" me.)

Oh i agree, shermans style is idiotic. :lol:

But i think its funny how many people have hissy fits about it. "OMG they are posting a different color!!" OMG they are posting in a different font!!" OMG they are using a different size!!" OMG they are using... It is an interesting thing for so many who claim they love liberty, and only want conformity.

I doubt you ever posted in different colors, fonts, sizes and centered all in the same post. I also find it interesting that you felt the need to conform. ;)

But i think its funny how many people have hissy fits about it. "OMG they are posting a different color!!" OMG they are posting in a different font!!" OMG they are using a different size!!" OMG they are using... It is an interesting thing for so many who claim they love liberty, and only want conformity.

I doubt you ever posted in different colors, fonts, sizes and centered all in the same post. I also find it interesting that you felt the need to conform. ;)

Conformity, too, has its place.

Once, when I was younger and less mature and less wise, I often highlighted some of my written thoughts akin to the way I would say them out loud if I were speaking these things.

My posts got roundly criticized for the effort. At first I just ignored the criticism.

But then, with age came wisdom. And lo! I saw with mine own eyes how distracting that kind of thing can be. I mean, hell. Just LOOK at any post by Mr. She-male.

Hideous.

Do YOU want to be like She-male?

I don't.

:cool:

Conformity, too, has its place.

Once, when I was younger and less mature and less wise, I often highlighted some of my written thoughts akin to the way I would say them out loud if I were speaking these things.

My posts got roundly criticized for the effort. At first I just ignored the criticism.

But then, with age came wisdom. And lo! I saw with mine own eyes how distracting that kind of thing can be. I mean, hell. Just LOOK at any post by Mr. She-male.

Hideous.

Do YOU want to be like She-male?

I don't.

:cool:

LOL, no i would never post like him. The way he posts is truly annoying. So annoying i have him on ignore just for that.

However when i post poetry i do center. Poetry is like art and should be posted as such.

I also like my blue and wont change because of peer pressure either. ;)

That is hysterical!

I've seen so many people get on Maddie and others because they

Post Different Fonts and Colors!

Oh, the Humanity! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I like it when folks use the red color in an otherwise unchanged font to point out (usually to me) how much of an idiot they believe me to be. The more verbose they are, once they get rolling, the funnier that red color seems to be. Why? Because for some reasons (maybe related to my color blindness), that regular sized font type size and all red color on the light gray colored background makes the stuff almost impossible to read.

In fact, I usually give up even trying. I can usually make out the gist of their rant from one or two sentences,

Liar-bility, you *&^%$#@$, you suck. You are so boring. I never read your shit, you shitbird. You suck. And if I haven't yet mentioned it, you suck and you're a shitbird, you sucky shitbird. I never read your shit, you shitbird. You suck. And if I haven't yet mentioned it, you suck and you're a shitbird, you sucky shitbird. I never read your shit, you shitbird. You suck. And if I haven't yet mentioned it, you suck and you're a shitbird, you sucky shitbird. I never read your shit, you shitbird. You suck. And if I haven't yet mentioned it, you suck and you're a shitbird, you sucky shitbird. And you are soo boring, too. This should come as no surprise, you dickhead, since you suck. And since you're a shit bird. All those who disagree with me are sucky shitbirds and you disagreed with me therefore you suck and you're a shitbird, you sucky shit bird. Furthermore, I never read your shit, you shitbird. You suck. And if I haven't yet mentioned it, you suck and you're a shitbird, you sucky shitbird.

Forum List

Back