Chambliss wins in Georgia

Were we watching the same ad? Because I didn't hear or see the word "unpatriotic" anywhere in there.

And as it happens, I don't think having been patriotic at one time as precluding one from behaving in an unpatriotic fashion later on. And for the record, while I admire the fact that Max Cleland joined the military, I don't know how "patriotic" I necessarily consider the accident in which he lost his limbs. Tragic, yes. Nor do I think there's anything inherently wrong or shameful about having student deferments, or believe that it precludes Chambliss from expressing criticism of Cleland if he so chooses.

Basically he blew himself up. He dropped a grenade getting out of a helicopter because he was carrying it wrong and it blew up when he tried to retrieve it.

Chambliss wins. So much for a super majority.

Ahhh... Yes... Yet another example of how Sarah Palin was the problem.

ROFL... Leftists!

Well, I'd say this is a sign that God is giving us a fighting chance to overcome this evil which we have allowed to saddle us. NEVER, EVER: Quit!

Ever seen the movie, Deliverance?

ROFL! That is SO WEIRD! Because the moment I read the FIRST POST OF YOURS... the picture of you which popped into my head was the 'tard that picked away there on that porch.

MAN! Talk about SWEET IRONY!

Now that is a true story kids...

NEVER, EVER: Quit!

Never_giveup.jpg

The 60 seat majority really is a meaningless issue as many Democrats and Republicans tend to vote back and forth depending on the legislation and as the the Democrats hold a bigger majority you will now notice the Republicans that vote with the Democrats more so than you did before is all and visa-versa. I do believe that it will be difficult for the Republicans to march in lock step on every legislation that the party doesn't like, for example take Universal Health Care, you will have several Republicans cross over the line on that one. I do think though on other issues like the card check one that it will come into play. Mind you this is just an opinion and comes from watching these so called honorable Senators for a while. You know something comes to mind here, if you think these people in Washington have your best interest at heart then keep in mind that the leader of the Senate was very happy with the opening of the Visitors Center yesterday because it keeps us smelly tourists out of the capital building according to him. Just a thought.

The 60 seat majority really is a meaningless issue as many Democrats and Republicans tend to vote back and forth depending on the legislation and as the the Democrats hold a bigger majority you will now notice the Republicans that vote with the Democrats more so than you did before is all and visa-versa. I do believe that it will be difficult for the Republicans to march in lock step on every legislation that the party doesn't like, for example take Universal Health Care, you will have several Republicans cross over the line on that one. I do think though on other issues like the card check one that it will come into play. Mind you this is just an opinion and comes from watching these so called honorable Senators for a while. You know something comes to mind here, if you think these people in Washington have your best interest at heart then keep in mind that the leader of the Senate was very happy with the opening of the Visitors Center yesterday because it keeps us smelly tourists out of the capital building according to him. Just a thought.

Let one Republican fall into voting with the left on anything short of an unmitigated national disaster, be it natural or national security origins ... and watch a political career in the GOP vanish before your very eyes...

This is a cultural war friend and those that fail to recognize that ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. A Republican that is found voting with the left is anathema to Americans from that moment forward. We have one shot to stop these clowns and it rests within the Senate. We can't do at the SCOTUS, as we're one American short...

Let one Republican fall into voting with the left on anything short of an unmitigated national disaster, be it natural or national security origins ... and watch a political career in the GOP vanish before your very eyes...

This is a cultural war friend and those that fail to recognize that ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. A Republican that is found voting with the left is anathema to Americans from that moment forward. We have one shot to stop these clowns and it rests within the Senate. We can't do at the SCOTUS, as we're one American short...

Democrats are counting on moderate Republicans such as Maine Sens. Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe, who have tilted leftward on issues such as Medicare spending and the Iraq war, to provide the votes to block a filibuster.

Other potential swing votes are Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.), whose socially liberal views make him a prospective Democratic recruit on spending matters and Obama's judicial nominations, and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). McCain has supported some Democratic initiatives that are likely to see early legislative action next year, including federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.

Senate Democrats, however, must watch their right flank as they craft more sweeping initiatives. Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) has supported the Bush White House on many tax and budget issues this decade, and a quartet of Democrats elected in 2006 and 2008 -- Begich, Robert P. Casey Jr. (Pa.), Jon Tester (Mont.), and Mark R. Warner (Va.) -- all ran as centrists.

washingtonpost.com

These Sentors will continue to vote as they always have no matter how many wish them too. I found it interesting in that article as well that the democrats are pushing for full D.C. representation in the house and hinting around at Senate representation. If this vote goes through I wonder then if I could push for my city to have 2 Senators represent me in the US Senate than just two in my state? Now before anyone jumps all over that, I said that in jest. The point here is that 60 seats at this point means nothing as the Democrats have had for years several Republican moderates vote with them on social issues. I thought it was very interesting how suddenly Sen. Joe is now a good guy again. So it should be interesting though. I honestly would love to see the whole lot of these congressmen cleared out and start over with all new people as they have clearly demonstrated a lack of ability to do the job.

Voting against Obama & the Democratic Congress will be desaster for the incumbents in 2010. Guys like Thaddius McCotter in Michigan, my state. He survived in 2006 but that doesn't mean he's safe. And now the Democrats have the majority voice in Washington. Now we will point out who the obstructionists are. How did McCain say it? We will make them famous and you will know their names. So go ahead and filabuster change/progress. See how that works out for ya.

The Red politicians are doing a great job now encouraging that the Big 3 go belly up. That kind of talk only works in the reddest of states. It's a losing argument everywhere else. So keep up the good work. :lol:

As this economy plays out, as more and more people find themselves without health insurance, and one medical procedure away from bankruptcy, as more people find their homes in foreclosure, while their bank has been given the money to survive, there will be changes even in how hardline Senators and Representatives vote. You have to win the primary and the election in order to be seated. And, in both parties, for the people that are seen as obstructionists, the primary will be increasingly a dangerous place. There is change in the offing, and not just because of a new administration. The failures of the past eight years, foreign and domestic, have change many peoples views on a variety of issues.

He did this. Six years ago. It was bullshit and John McCain and Chuck Hagel pressured him into pulling the ad.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'm not surprised that it was McCain and Hagel who got the ad pulled. It was a pretty disgusting Rovian display.

As this economy plays out, as more and more people find themselves without health insurance, and one medical procedure away from bankruptcy, as more people find their homes in foreclosure, while their bank has been given the money to survive, there will be changes even in how hardline Senators and Representatives vote. You have to win the primary and the election in order to be seated. And, in both parties, for the people that are seen as obstructionists, the primary will be increasingly a dangerous place. There is change in the offing, and not just because of a new administration. The failures of the past eight years, foreign and domestic, have change many peoples views on a variety of issues.

So true. Each Senator, in theory at least, is only saying/doing in Washington what his/her constituents want him/her to do. So if the people in Georgia want to go along with what the Democrats are trying to do, they'll tell their senators to go along.

However, it doesn't always work that way. If the Senator comes from a really red state, he/she is safe to be an obstructionist.

So, we just have to give that Senator some pork to get him/her to go along. And the people in his/her state will like that I'm sure. No one hates pork that goes to their own state. :eusa_shhh:

Ahhh... Yes... Yet another example of how Sarah Palin was the problem.

ROFL... Leftists!

Well, I'd say this is a sign that God is giving us a fighting chance to overcome this evil which we have allowed to saddle us. NEVER, EVER: Quit!

You do realize that I'm not a leftist, right?

So the Republicans of Georgia elected another chickenhawk to Congress.

They're famous for that.

Which is rather odd given that Georgia is one of those states that sends a whole lotta their homeboys into the services.

But I've long given up trying to figure out why Republicans so love their Chickenhawks

My confusion comes about why a group of openly proud dickless weasels think they have any business sneering at the courage of anyone else.

Basically he blew himself up. He dropped a grenade getting out of a helicopter because he was carrying it wrong and it blew up when he tried to retrieve it.

I believe it wasn't actually his grenade. My understanding is that another soldier either ahead of or behind him on the helicopter dropped it. Either way, it's very sad, and I greatly admire the courage and determination it must have taken him to go on and build a full, successful life after that. I just don't see his horrible accident as being a "patriotic" act in and of itself.

I'm not surprised that it was McCain and Hagel who got the ad pulled. It was a pretty disgusting Rovian display.

You mean that whole deviously despicable practice of bringing up your opponent's voting record to explain why people shouldn't re-elect him? :cuckoo:

not so
there are 2 very liberal republicans that will get re-elected as long as they run, Snowe and Collins
and i'm sure there are others, but cant name them off the top of my head
but you can only vote for or against the people in your own state

Forum List

Back