Chambliss wins in Georgia

Bill Clinton BROKE the law. Chambliss did not. Chambliss got LEGAL deferrments, Clinton LIED to get one so that he would have time to illegally skip the Country , he even wrote the letter to his patsy to explain his motivation.

Bill Clinton BROKE the law. Chambliss did not. Chambliss got LEGAL deferrments, Clinton LIED to get one so that he would have time to illegally skip the Country , he even wrote the letter to his patsy to explain his motivation.

Double standard. Draft dodging is draft dodging.

Chambliss did NOT dodge the draft. He submitted and was accepted for LEGAL deferrments. That you claim otherwise is ignorant as hell. That you compare him to a man that OPENLY violated the law is also ignorant as hell. But par for the course from another " Moderate" that is far to the left.

Chambliss did NOT dodge the draft. He submitted and was accepted for LEGAL deferrments. That you claim otherwise is ignorant as hell. That you compare him to a man that OPENLY violated the law is also ignorant as hell. But par for the course from another " Moderate" that is far to the left.

Right. So he legally dodged the draft. Justify it however you want. That dog don't hunt. Chambliss may not have went to Canada or England, but he doged nonetheless. He may have done so legally, but as far as I'm concerned, it is the same thing. I hold a grudge against Clinton and Chambliss alike.

As far as the bold part, I'm getting pretty tired of everyone on the right attacking everyone standing to the left of them. I'm am probably more conservative than you politcally. Just not socially.

Right. So he legally dodged the draft. Justify it however you want. That dog don't hunt. Chambliss may not have went to Canada or England, but he doged nonetheless. He may have done so legally, but as far as I'm concerned, it is the same thing. I hold a grudge against Clinton and Chambliss alike.

As far as the bold part, I'm getting pretty tired of everyone on the right attacking everyone standing to the left of them. I'm am probably more conservative than you politcally. Just not socially.
ah, so Kerry was a draft dodger, before he joined the naval reserve?

Then he was an attempted draft dodger. What's the point? I like Kerry even less than I like Chambliss.
i dont agree that getting a legal deferment is the same as dodging the draft
is someone that got a medical deferment also a draft dodger?

Chambliss got one of those too. After he ran out of student deferments.

And no. A medical deferment is not draft dodging. However you are not going to change my mind on this. Chambliss dodged the draft, what he did to Cleland was despicable. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

And no. A medical deferment is not draft dodging. However you are not going to change my mind on this. Chambliss dodged the draft, what he did to Cleland was despicable. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
i disagree, and i'm not changing either

guess this is where we have to agree to disagree and leave it at that

I never said I was outraged and have never demonstrated that feeling on the subject. I was dissapointed. I am over it. However, I do get the feeling that you are one those in my party that feels that the Republicans have a monopoly on patriotism. Sorry toots, but that isn't so.

Oh, right. You didn't actually USE the word "outrage", and therefore you're utterly bewildered at how I could possibly have come to the conclusion that your screeching tirade against Chambliss for saying something "horrible" that was never, in fact, actually said amounted to you being outraged. CLEARLY, you were being calm and reasonable and even vaguely indifferent to the whole thing. :eusa_liar:

Sorry, toots. I'm not stupid enough to buy what you're trying to sell, I'm not in your party, and right now, I thank God for that.

Oh, and speaking of assuming things not actually said, "You think Republicans have a "monopoly on patriotism" is a laughable stretch, particularly for someone who is offended that his incoherent and false tirade against Chambliss was somehow construed as "outrage". I don't think anyone has a monopoly on patriotism, and judging by the utter nonsense of this thread, neither party has a monopoly on intelligence, common sense, or perspective, either.

You are right. Shame on me for finding hypocrisy appalling. Saxby Chambliss dodged the draft. As far as I am concerned that makes him ineligible for throwing the accusations that he is better equiped at handling the corporeal threat of terrorism any better than anyone else. Just as I feel that Clinton had zero ability in dealing with the military from day one due to this same fact. I don't want to play pity party, but the fact that Chambliss had to resort to the tactics that used, no matter how effective, tells me all I need to know about the man. Perhaps he is a good Republican. Good for him. That doesn't make his actions in that campaign any less hypocritical.

No, shame on you for suggesting that candidates should be given free passes on relevant actions because of "compassion", which is really just you drinking the liberal Kool-Aid and being too big a weenie to stand up to a sob story. Shame on you for being a big fat lying sack who throws a fit over what an ad "said" that it didn't actually say and calling a candidate a "draft dodger" when he did nothing of the sort, and THEN having the utter GALL to say that you aren't "outraged" simply because you didn't use the word, but merely made a fool out of yourself ACTING outraged. You are the reason that the Republican Party lost and is in such a mess, and you are a prime example of the weakness and lack of testicular fortitude that I have been excoriating your sad, pathetic excuse for a political party for. Call me when you and your spineless compatriots figure out what conservatives are and Republicans should be.

As for you high and mighty diatribe on my belittling of this nation's priorities, shove it in your ass. Don't for a second think you know me or what I find important. I will continue to hold my party members to a higher standard and I will cry foul when they step out of line. The GOP used to have the high ground. The religious right along with Rove and company have given it away with tactics just like this. I would like to get it back in my lifetime.

As for YOUR high and mighty diatribe on how awful Saxby Chambliss is for saying horrible, mean things about Max Cleland that were never said or even implied, shove THAT in the fleshy patch where your pissant political party USED to keep its balls.

You will continue to hold your party to a false and lying standard imposed on you by a bunch of liberals and accepted by you because you're a sniveling weakling who thinks being "nice" and being liked by your political opponents is more important than . . . say, having principles or accomplishing anything. You will cry foul when they do absolutely nothing wrong because you're too chickenshit to stand up for yourself. You wouldn't know a high ground if you fell off of it because you've let your opponents define it for you.

The sniveling, cowardly right has given away the country. I would like to get it back in my lifetime, if we could ever find some REAL men.

Typical liberal Kool-Aid drinker. "Words mean whatever I want them to mean, because finding out what I'm actually talking about is too much work."

Draft dodging is draft dodging, but DUH! Things that AREN'T draft dodging aren't draft dodging. And legal deferments aren't draft dodging.

Also, accusing someone of calling Cleland unpatriotic when they never said or even implied that he was while calling that person a draft dodger when he is not is not "holding people to higher standards". It's being a hypocritical liar. :eusa_liar:

Since you're too busy using your Internet connection for utterly mishearing and misunderstanding political ads so that you can get your panties in a ruffle about people saying horrible things they never said, I looked up the definition of "draft dodger" for you, so that possibly you can at some point say something intelligent and on-point on this subject.

Draft dodger - Someone who illegally evades the draft, as opposed to a conscientious objector, who is granted official, legal exemption from military duty. In active protest against United States involvement in the Vietnam War, many Americans publicly burned draft registration cards, risking imprisonment; others fled to other countries, such as Canada.

You're welcome. Now go try to come up with a coherent and truthful post.

Crimson, if more conservatives thought like you, the world would be a better place.

Hope that doesn't ruin your street cred.

:rofl:

There's no such thing as "legal draft dodging", Brain Trust. THAT dog not only don't hunt, it's dead, stuffed, and mounted.

I don't expect that anyone is particularly surprised, though, that a "genius" who throws a screaming fit about an ad for saying something it never even implied also considers obeying the law to be exactly the same as not obeying it.

As far as the bold part, I'm getting pretty tired of everyone on the right attacking everyone standing to the left of them.

You mean like pitching a hissy fit about Saxby Chambliss calling Max Cleland "unpatriotic" when he never actually said anything of the sort? THAT sort of "attacking everyone"? Or do we just mean the unutterable gall of daring to disagree with someone on the left?

I'm am probably more conservative than you politcally. Just not socially.

Brilliant. "I'm probably more conservative than you, I'm just not conservative." Exactly the sort of intellectual performance I'm coming to expect from you.

ah, so Kerry was a draft dodger, before he joined the naval reserve?

Well, according to these retards, BUSH was a draft dodger because he joined the National Guard, so clearly anything other than eagerly volunteering to join the regular military qualifies as "draft dodging". I guess the reserves would fall into that category.

Let's just be brutally honest here. Anyone who is a Republican and did not volunteer to serve in the active military is a draft dodger. Anyone who is a Democrat is not a draft dodger, regardless of what he did, unless you put the leftist halfwit you're talking to directly on the spot and force him to answer up.

Yes, pointing out any Democrat's actual record is a despicable act. As opposed to, say, actually ACCUMULATING a record you don't want brought up.

I'm sure you are sticking to your opinion, since I understand shit often IS sticky.

Let's just be brutally honest here. Anyone who is a Republican and did not volunteer to serve in the active military is a draft dodger. Anyone who is a Democrat is not a draft dodger, regardless of what he did, unless you put the leftist halfwit you're talking to directly on the spot and force him to answer up.

Okay, challenge to you. Show me the posts in which I have demonstrated a leftist ideology.

As for the draft dodger comment, I hold the belief that there are many more Democrats that dodged the draft than Republicans. However, in this case, one Republican, is a draft dodger and you go off on fucking tirade like a retarded kid on meth. You really have way too much time on your hands.

As for the challenge that stands. I want an answer. You call me a leftist because I don't like one Republican. I call bullshit. Prove that I'm a leftist. You said it now prove it.

Well, according to these retards, BUSH was a draft dodger because he joined the National Guard, so clearly anything other than eagerly volunteering to join the regular military qualifies as "draft dodging". I guess the reserves would fall into that category.
Bush was a draft dodger, not because he joined the NG, but because he spent his time in the desert getting drunk while his generation got blown up.

Forum List

Back