Chadwick Moore:"I’m a gay New Yorker, I’m coming out as a conservative" He is over snowflake bullies

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/im-a-gay-new-yorker-and-im-coming-out-as-a-conservative/

Snowflakes are hilarious.

This guy wrote a piece on Milo Yiannopoulos prior to the election, and because Moore didn't BASH milo, snowflakes BASHED Moore....including EVER TOLERANT DEATH THREATS.

THIS GUY VOTED FOR HILLARY...BUT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T BASH MILO, HE GOT DEATH THREATS FROM SNOWFLAKES.

Chadwick Moore, a 33-year-old journalist who lives in Williamsburg, had been a lifelong liberal. Then, last September, he penned a profile for Out magazine of Milo Yiannopoulos — a controversial and outspoken critic of feminism, Muslims and gay rights (despite being openly gay himself). Although the Out story didn’t take a positive stance — or any stance — on Yiannopoulos, Moore found himself pilloried by fellow Democrats and ostracized by longtime friends.

Here, he tells Michael Kaplan his story — including why the backlash drove him to the right.

When Out magazine assigned me an interview with the Breitbart.com rabble-rouser Milo Yiannopoulos, I knew it would be controversial. In the gay and liberal communities in particular, he is a provocative and loathed figure, and I knew featuring him in such a liberal publication would get negative attention. He has been repeatedly kicked off Twitter for, among other things, reportedly inciting racist, sexist bullying of “Ghostbusters” actress Leslie Jones. Before interviewing Yiannopoulos, I thought he was a nasty attention-whore, but I wanted to do a neutral piece on him that simply put the facts out there.

After the story posted online in the early hours of Sept. 21, I woke up to more than 100 Twitter notifications on my iPhone. Trolls were calling me a Nazi, death threats rolled in and a joke photo that I posed for in a burka served as “proof” that I am an Islamophobe.

I’m not.

Most disconcertingly, it wasn’t just strangers voicing radical discontent. Personal friends of mine — men in their 60s who had been my longtime mentors — were coming at me. They wrote on Facebook that the story was “irresponsible” and “dangerous.” A dozen or so people unfriended me. A petition was circulated online, condemning the magazine and my article. All I had done was write a balanced story on an outspoken Trump supporter for a liberal, gay magazine, and now I was being attacked. I felt alienated and frightened.

I hope New Yorkers can be as accepting of my new status as a conservative man as they’ve been about my sexual orientation.

I laid low for a week or so. Finally, I decided to go out to my local gay bar in Williamsburg, where I’ve been a regular for 11 years. I ordered a drink but nothing felt the same; half the place — people with whom I’d shared many laughs — seemed to be giving me the cold shoulder. Upon seeing me, a friend who normally greets me with a hug and kiss pivoted and turned away.

Frostiness spread far beyond the bar, too. My best friend, with whom I typically hung out multiple times per week, was suddenly perpetually unavailable. Finally, on Christmas Eve, he sent me a long text, calling me a monster, asking where my heart and soul went, and saying that all our other friends are laughing at me.

I realized that, for the first time in my adult life, I was outside of the liberal bubble and looking in. What I saw was ugly, lock step, incurious and mean-spirited.

Still, I returned to the bar a few nights later — I don’t give up easily — and hit it off with a stranger. As so many conversations do these days, ours turned to politics. I told him that I’m against Trump’s wall but in favor of strengthening our borders. He called me a Nazi and walked away. I felt awful — but not so awful that I would keep opinions to myself.

And I began to realize that maybe my opinions just didn’t fit in with the liberal status quo, which seems to mean that you must absolutely hate Trump, his supporters and everything they believe. If you dare not to protest or boycott Trump, you are a traitor.

If you dare to question liberal stances or make an effort toward understanding why conservatives think the way they do, you are a traitor.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/im-a-gay-new-yorker-and-im-coming-out-as-a-conservative/

..."After the story posted online in the early hours of Sept. 21, I woke up to more than 100 Twitter notifications on my iPhone. Trolls were calling me a Nazi, death threats rolled in and a joke photo that I posed for in a burka served as “proof” that I am an Islamophobe.

I’m not."

This is great from Moore....and he had better not hold his breath...

And I hope that New Yorkers can be as open-minded and accepting of my new status as a conservative man as they’ve been about my sexual orientation.

Mod Edit: please review the copyright rules - do not post entire articles. https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/021017portraitaw11.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all

Last edited by a moderator:

This guy wrote a piece on Milo Yiannopoulos prior to the election, and because Moore didn't BASH milo, snowflakes BASHED Moore....including EVER TOLERANT DEATH THREATS.

THIS GUY VOTED FOR HILLARY...BUT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T BASH MILO, HE GOT DEATH THREATS FROM SNOWFLAKES.

Chadwick Moore, a 33-year-old journalist who lives in Williamsburg, had been a lifelong liberal. Then, last September, he penned a profile for Out magazine of Milo Yiannopoulos — a controversial and outspoken critic of feminism, Muslims and gay rights (despite being openly gay himself). Although the Out story didn’t take a positive stance — or any stance — on Yiannopoulos, Moore found himself pilloried by fellow Democrats and ostracized by longtime friends.

Here, he tells Michael Kaplan his story — including why the backlash drove him to the right.

When Out magazine assigned me an interview with the Breitbart.com rabble-rouser Milo Yiannopoulos, I knew it would be controversial. In the gay and liberal communities in particular, he is a provocative and loathed figure, and I knew featuring him in such a liberal publication would get negative attention. He has been repeatedly kicked off Twitter for, among other things, reportedly inciting racist, sexist bullying of “Ghostbusters” actress Leslie Jones. Before interviewing Yiannopoulos, I thought he was a nasty attention-whore, but I wanted to do a neutral piece on him that simply put the facts out there.

After the story posted online in the early hours of Sept. 21, I woke up to more than 100 Twitter notifications on my iPhone. Trolls were calling me a Nazi, death threats rolled in and a joke photo that I posed for in a burka served as “proof” that I am an Islamophobe.

I’m not.

Most disconcertingly, it wasn’t just strangers voicing radical discontent. Personal friends of mine — men in their 60s who had been my longtime mentors — were coming at me. They wrote on Facebook that the story was “irresponsible” and “dangerous.” A dozen or so people unfriended me. A petition was circulated online, condemning the magazine and my article. All I had done was write a balanced story on an outspoken Trump supporter for a liberal, gay magazine, and now I was being attacked. I felt alienated and frightened.

I hope New Yorkers can be as accepting of my new status as a conservative man as they’ve been about my sexual orientation.

I laid low for a week or so. Finally, I decided to go out to my local gay bar in Williamsburg, where I’ve been a regular for 11 years. I ordered a drink but nothing felt the same; half the place — people with whom I’d shared many laughs — seemed to be giving me the cold shoulder. Upon seeing me, a friend who normally greets me with a hug and kiss pivoted and turned away.

Frostiness spread far beyond the bar, too. My best friend, with whom I typically hung out multiple times per week, was suddenly perpetually unavailable. Finally, on Christmas Eve, he sent me a long text, calling me a monster, asking where my heart and soul went, and saying that all our other friends are laughing at me.

I realized that, for the first time in my adult life, I was outside of the liberal bubble and looking in. What I saw was ugly, lock step, incurious and mean-spirited.

Still, I returned to the bar a few nights later — I don’t give up easily — and hit it off with a stranger. As so many conversations do these days, ours turned to politics. I told him that I’m against Trump’s wall but in favor of strengthening our borders. He called me a Nazi and walked away. I felt awful — but not so awful that I would keep opinions to myself.

And I began to realize that maybe my opinions just didn’t fit in with the liberal status quo, which seems to mean that you must absolutely hate Trump, his supporters and everything they believe. If you dare not to protest or boycott Trump, you are a traitor.

If you dare to question liberal stances or make an effort toward understanding why conservatives think the way they do, you are a traitor.

It can seem like liberals are actually against free speech if it fails to conform with the way they think. And I don’t want to be a part of that club anymore.

It used to be that if you were a gay, educated atheist living in New York, you had no choice but to be liberal. But as I met more Trump supporters with whom I was able to have engaging, civil discussions about issues that impact us all, I realized that I like these people — even if I have some issues with Trump himself. For example, I don’t like his travel ban or the cabinet choices he’s made.

But I finally had to admit to myself that I am closer to the right than where the left is today. And, yes, just three months ago, I voted for Hillary Clinton.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

When I was growing up in the Midwest, coming out to my family at the age of 15 was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Today, it’s just as nerve-wracking coming out to all of New York as a conservative. But, like when I was 15, it’s also weirdly exciting.

I’ve already told my family, and it’s brought me closer to my father. He’s a Republican and a farmer in Iowa, and for years we just didn’t have very much to talk about. But after Trump’s inauguration, we chatted for two hours, bonding over the ridiculousness of lefties. But we also got serious: He told me that he is proud of my writing, and I opened up about my personal life in a way I never had before to him.

I’ve made some new friends and also lost some who refuse to speak to me. I’ve come around on Republican pundit Ann Coulter, who I now think is smart and funny and not a totally hateful, self-righteous bigot. A year ago, this would have been unfathomable to me.

I even went on a date this past week with a good-looking Republican construction worker, someone I previously would not have given a shot.

I hope to find out that it pays to keep an open mind.

And I hope that New Yorkers can be as open-minded and accepting of my new status as a conservative man as they’ve been about my sexual orientation.

"After the story posted online in the early hours of Sept. 21, I woke up to more than 100 Twitter notifications on my iPhone. Trolls were calling me a Nazi, death threats rolled in and a joke photo that I posed for in a burka served as “proof” that I am an Islamophobe.

I’m not."

Why shouldn't gays be Conservative, also whilst we're on this topic of why shouldn't people be Conservative, why shouldn't Blacks be Conservative.

The Leftists think they OWN both gays and Blacks, they freak if a gay is Conservative and they freak even worse if a Black wanders off their Plantation, the latter why shouldn't they, Leftists have done nothing to help Blacks, they've only used them as a key voting bloc.

I’m not.

It can seem like liberals are actually against free speech if it fails to conform with the way they think. And I don’t want to be a part of that club anymore.

It used to be that if you were a gay, educated atheist living in New York, you had no choice but to be liberal. But as I met more Trump supporters with whom I was able to have engaging, civil discussions about issues that impact us all, I realized that I like these people — even if I have some issues with Trump himself. For example, I don’t like his travel ban or the cabinet choices he’s made.

But I finally had to admit to myself that I am closer to the right than where the left is today. And, yes, just three months ago, I voted for Hillary Clinton.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

When I was growing up in the Midwest, coming out to my family at the age of 15 was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Today, it’s just as nerve-wracking coming out to all of New York as a conservative. But, like when I was 15, it’s also weirdly exciting.

I’ve already told my family, and it’s brought me closer to my father. He’s a Republican and a farmer in Iowa, and for years we just didn’t have very much to talk about. But after Trump’s inauguration, we chatted for two hours, bonding over the ridiculousness of lefties. But we also got serious: He told me that he is proud of my writing, and I opened up about my personal life in a way I never had before to him.

I’ve made some new friends and also lost some who refuse to speak to me. I’ve come around on Republican pundit Ann Coulter, who I now think is smart and funny and not a totally hateful, self-righteous bigot. A year ago, this would have been unfathomable to me.

I even went on a date this past week with a good-looking Republican construction worker, someone I previously would not have given a shot.

"After the story posted online in the early hours of Sept. 21, I woke up to more than 100 Twitter notifications on my iPhone. Trolls were calling me a Nazi, death threats rolled in and a joke photo that I posed for in a burka served as “proof” that I am an Islamophobe.

I’m not."

Why shouldn't gays be Conservative, also whilst we're on this topic of why shouldn't people be Conservative, why shouldn't Blacks be Conservative.

The Leftists think they OWN both gays and Blacks, they freak if a gay is Conservative and they freak even worse if a Black wanders off their Plantation, the latter why shouldn't they, Leftists have done nothing to help Blacks, they've only used them as a key voting bloc.

Gays shouldn't be conservative because the conservative agenda is anti-gay rights at every level.

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

They sound just like you to me.

Huh?

The situation is it's outrageous that a gay man because he's said he's a Conservative is being bullied and getting death threats from the um Tolerant Leftists, who are only Tolerant if everyone agrees with them.

Personally I don't support the whole LGBTQ thing, however I don't just think of people in terms of what their sexual orientation is, I don't want them parading down streets waving 20 foot inflatable dildos or feeling each other up and flaunting it, but that doesn't mean that if any of them are Conservative I wouldn't greet them and welcome them into the political tent that we all share.

It seems Leftists cannot either Tolerate or even cope emotionally with a gay NOT being a Leftist, illustrating again that Leftists are NOT Tolerant on any level but are pretty much bigots.

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

Gays shouldn't be conservative because the conservative agenda is anti-gay rights at every level.

You'd be surprised at how many gays are against the LGBTQ Agenda themselves, but to get a perspective on that you'd have to have associated with some gay Conservatives.

The LGBTQ Crowd do not represent all gays, just like the Radical Militant Feminist crowd do not represent either moderate Feminists or women in general.

The minority fringe do not represent the majority mainstream, they never have and they never will, they only get the attention they get because they tend to scream their heads off at near ear-drum splitting volume and throw their toys out of the playpen.

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

What you are describing is SNOWFLAKE LOGIC.

ALL PROTECTED CLASSES MUST BE LIBERAL, OR THEY ARE TRAITORS.

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

I agree, but the Snowflake's are devoid of logic, just like Leftists in general are, they cannot do Logical Thinking, it's all Emotional Thinking.

This sums up the Leftists, which includes the Radical Militant Feminists, the Politically Correct, the Snowflakes, all of whom exhibit high levels of not being normal in the membrane and still don't seem to have realised that not only does nobody give a crap what they think but also that they have rapidly diminishing political power across the Western world.

84d5c420e6572a6e31b8853a2aef45e012e29020-618x433.jpg

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

I agree, but the Snowflake's are devoid of logic, just like Leftists in general are, they cannot do Logical Thinking, it's all Emotional Thinking.

This sums up the Leftists, which includes the Radical Militant Feminists, the Politically Correct, the Snowflakes, all of whom exhibit high levels of not being normal in the membrane and still don't seem to have realised that not only does nobody give a crap what they think but also that they have rapidly diminishing political power across the Western world.

84d5c420e6572a6e31b8853a2aef45e012e29020-618x433.jpg

Emotional arguments are definitely part of it, you have that correct.

- Feelings are more important than truth and reality.
- Convincing someone that your side is the GOOD side is more important than a fact based discussion.
- Intentions are more important than results.

It's just who they are. Generally ill informed and sheep of the left who exploit their votes for money and power.

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

Huh?

The situation is it's outrageous that a gay man because he's said he's a Conservative is being bullied and getting death threats from the um Tolerant Leftists, who are only Tolerant if everyone agrees with them.

Personally I don't support the whole LGBTQ thing, however I don't just think of people in terms of what their sexual orientation is, I don't want them parading down streets waving 20 foot inflatable dildos or feeling each other up and flaunting it, but that doesn't mean that if any of them are Conservative I wouldn't greet them and welcome them into the political tent that we all share.

It seems Leftists cannot either Tolerate or even cope emotionally with a gay NOT being a Leftist, illustrating again that Leftists are NOT Tolerant on any level but are pretty much bigots.

I said partisanshitheads all sound alike to me.

If the DAM breaks in California (Looks like it might not, thank GOD), the California snowflakes will claim:

THEIR GOOD INTENTIONS TO PROVIDE MORE WELFARE TO NEEDY CALIFORNIANS OUTWEIGH THE CONSEQUENCES OF A FAILED DAM.

That is snowflake logic.

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

Only in your little pinhead Snowflake. Not to mention, odd talk from a supporter of the party of slavery, the KKK and a supporter of a religion that kills gays.

I’m not.

Modal Trigger
Annie Wermiel

I’m not."

Huh?

I said partisanshitheads all sound alike to me.

People are having an actual discussion in this thread, Troll somewhere else Troll.

"Lefties suck", "righties suck", is no discussion shoog, just partisanshithead caterwauling.

Forum List

Back