Censorship, American-Style

What the hell is Glee? Who gives a shit about that show? nobody pushed to get Dan Rather removed from anything, he lied and knew it. Bill Maher who cares. he's doing pretty well now isn't he? and who is you all? the original OP was a about the shut down of debate because somone didn't agree.

Glee is a show that actually shows gays as people... and the Religous Right is going nuts over it.

Rather made a mistake. So what? Folks on the right called for his head. (Probably didn't help he didn't admit his error.)

But your argument was that the Right doesn't try to censor people. Which is crap. Someone says something you don't like, they are just as keen on getting that person off the air.

Which I have no problem with. It's a market.

there's nothing apparent about it.

looks like you're hugging the left side of the bell curve with poli.

well done

Do you even know what bigotry is? Obviously not.

why would you even state or agree that all mormons are bigots? You are setting yourself up to look the fool.

All Mormons are bigots, unless they are non-practicing Mormons. The example of the professor being fired from BYU was an act of bigotry, justified by the claim that the firing adhered to church doctrine.

If you are a Mormon believer, then you agree with above act of bigotry. That makes you a bigot.

Go back and look at why he was fired. And remember the Mormon church's stand and actions against gay marriage. Opposing gay marriage is pure bigotry, there is no reason to oppose it.

The ones on here certainly are. Including you.

Psst...I speak leftard, so your spelling error makes no nevermind, I still know what you meant.

Nah.

RW isn't stupid. RW is a sociopath, a person with zero integrity who will say anything to promote his shameful party or to defame the hated opposition.

While I agree that the aggregate intellect of the left on this forum is significantly lower than that of the right; it isn't due to RW.

Last edited:
I'm just curious. How many these examples would I have to post before ONE rightwing doof on this forum would demonstrate at least a moment of lucidity,

and acknowledge that, yes, dang it,

political correctness is just as much a sin of the Right as it is the Left...

I'm just curious, what ratio would convince you that this is predominantly a leftist problem? 100 to 1? You know that would be easy. 1000 to 1? 10000 to 1?

Further, are you completely incapable of grasping the distinction between a private, religious institution, and a public university? I think I know why you're a leftist.....

Actually, the thing that's going to get Obama re-elected is that you all nominated a Douchebag from a freakish cults, snookums...

But I don't have time to deal with your black hole of emotional need today.

Will you be suicidal when your Dear Leader is defeated?

Is there a Communist Republican mass (well, you and Jake) suicide planned?

Just curious...

Catholic College Fires Gay Part-Time Professor

PHILADELPHIA — A Catholic college in Philadelphia says it has fired a part-time professor after learning from a post on his blog that he has been in a same-sex relationship for a decade and a half, which officials called contrary to church teaching.

I'll keep doing this until PC says 'uncle', or until I get bored...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So?

What does this have to do with censorship?

Concepts are hard for you. aren't they?

Do you even know what bigotry is? Obviously not.

why would you even state or agree that all mormons are bigots? You are setting yourself up to look the fool.

All Mormons are bigots, unless they are non-practicing Mormons. The example of the professor being fired from BYU was an act of bigotry, justified by the claim that the firing adhered to church doctrine.

If you are a Mormon believer, then you agree with above act of bigotry. That makes you a bigot.

Go back and look at why he was fired. And remember the Mormon church's stand and actions against gay marriage. Opposing gay marriage is pure bigotry, there is no reason to oppose it.
Making that molehill into a mountain again? Where do you find all that dirt?

PHILADELPHIA — A Catholic college in Philadelphia says it has fired a part-time professor after learning from a post on his blog that he has been in a same-sex relationship for a decade and a half, which officials called contrary to church teaching.

I'll keep doing this until PC says 'uncle', or until I get bored...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So?

What does this have to do with censorship?

Concepts are hard for you. aren't they?

The OP is not about censorship. Didn't PC explain that to you?

I'm just curious. How many these examples would I have to post before ONE rightwing doof on this forum would demonstrate at least a moment of lucidity,

I'm just curious, what ratio would convince you that this is predominantly a leftist problem? 100 to 1? You know that would be easy. 1000 to 1? 10000 to 1?

Further, are you completely incapable of grasping the distinction between a private, religious institution, and a public university? I think I know why you're a leftist.....

The trade magazine in the OP is a private business.

Well let's see how easy it is.

I cited 3 examples of conservative political correctness. You give me 300 examples of people being fired because they didn't conform to liberal PC.

And then once you've accomplished that 'easy' assignment, I post another conservative example, and you can post another 100 liberal ones.

And I spoke to that, saying that termination of employment was irrelevant to the question of free speech.

Academic and Political speech in the public forum is all that is theoretically protected by the 1st. Even at this, Yale could expel a student for speaking against Obama, and probably would: what they cannot do is have the student imprisoned.

PC's point is the claim by institutions of the left that profess to be bastions of free speech are a farce. Most higher education institutions will not tolerate any deviation from leftist/Marxist dogma. Try saying "Jesus Saves" on the steps of a federal courthouse, then when you get out of prison, tell us about governmental tolerance of free speech.

Throwing people off a cliff isn't my style,

You prefer throwing them under the bus, like your Messiah®, huh?

unlike you who tosses people in ovens.

Cannibalism doesn't appeal to me. Maybe a Kenyan would be attracted to it?

You know like how your girlfriend up there wants to get rid of all the gays, because its "unnatural".

My wife frowns on the idea of me having a girlfriend, and I really love my wife, so I avoid such relations.

My position on homosexuals is one of utter ambivalence. I really don't give a fuck who someone has sex with. You being a "rump ranger" doesn't bother me at all.

Hush lest the real Nazis throw you off a cliff...

Pussball can't even get his ass off the couch. He won't be throwing anyone off of cliffs anytime soon....

Throwing people off a cliff isn't my style, unlike you who tosses people in ovens. You know like how your girlfriend up there wants to get rid of all the gays, because its "unnatural".

I don't want to get rid of all gays, or even some of them.

Nor do I think they're "unnatural". Try again.:cuckoo:

And I spoke to that, saying that termination of employment was irrelevant to the question of free speech.

Academic and Political speech in the public forum is all that is theoretically protected by the 1st. Even at this, Yale could expel a student for speaking against Obama, and probably would: what they cannot do is have the student imprisoned.

PC's point is the claim by institutions of the left that profess to be bastions of free speech are a farce. Most higher education institutions will not tolerate any deviation from leftist/Marxist dogma. Try saying "Jesus Saves" on the steps of a federal courthouse, then when you get out of prison, tell us about governmental tolerance of free speech.

Our public higher learning establishments will also withhold degrees based on the students' politics.

Throwing people off a cliff isn't my style, unlike you who tosses people in ovens. You know like how your girlfriend up there wants to get rid of all the gays, because its "unnatural".

I don't want to get rid of all gays, or even some of them.

Nor do I think they're "unnatural". Try again.:cuckoo:

sure you do, you think their lifestyle is unnatural, which makes them unnatural. Shocking you would lie about it.

Just admit it already you want to round them up and get rid of them. This way you can have your little pure nation. Hilter has nothing on you.

:cuckoo::lol::cuckoo::lol::cuckoo::lol::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back