Censorship, American-Style

The trade magazine in the OP is a private business.

And I spoke to that, saying that termination of employment was irrelevant to the question of free speech.

Academic and Political speech in the public forum is all that is theoretically protected by the 1st. Even at this, Yale could expel a student for speaking against Obama, and probably would: what they cannot do is have the student imprisoned.

PC's point is the claim by institutions of the left that profess to be bastions of free speech are a farce. Most higher education institutions will not tolerate any deviation from leftist/Marxist dogma. Try saying "Jesus Saves" on the steps of a federal courthouse, then when you get out of prison, tell us about governmental tolerance of free speech.

Our public higher learning establishments will also withhold degrees based on the students' politics.

Like they did alot during the years before minorities and whites had civil rights?

The trade magazine in the OP is a private business.

And I spoke to that, saying that termination of employment was irrelevant to the question of free speech.

Academic and Political speech in the public forum is all that is theoretically protected by the 1st. Even at this, Yale could expel a student for speaking against Obama, and probably would: what they cannot do is have the student imprisoned.

PC's point is the claim by institutions of the left that profess to be bastions of free speech are a farce. Most higher education institutions will not tolerate any deviation from leftist/Marxist dogma. Try saying "Jesus Saves" on the steps of a federal courthouse, then when you get out of prison, tell us about governmental tolerance of free speech.

Her example was of someone being fired from a business by not doing their job in a manner satisfactory to the employer.

Why use that example to make an argument about PC on college campuses?

Interesting that some of Naomi Riley's critics branded her as a racist. Her husband is black.

Oh yeah, that means neither of them can be racist.

:cuckoo:

No, I did not say either or both are. I am simply pointing out the utter ignorance your post demonstrates.

Any person. Any race, any place can be racist.

Her example was of someone being fired from a business by not doing their job in a manner satisfactory to the employer.

Her answer was;

{A couple of speakers noted how surprising it is that political correctness in academia is now shutting off debate in the U.S., the country where academics supposedly prize vigorous discussion and vigilantly guard against any sign of McCarthyism.}

Academia crushes any deviation from dogma. Oh, you are free to spew any hatred at Christians, but should you utter anything approaching criticism of Islam, you will be fired, expelled, or worse.

9/11 made Islam the beloved of Academia, one must never question or even talk about Islam in any way that fails to praise and promote on American campuses. Intellectual discourse is forbidden. Exploration of ideas that question leftist ideals and the sacred cows that dominate, black studies, the hatred of Western Civilization and the peace of Islam are less tolerated today than market economics were under Mao.

Throwing people off a cliff isn't my style, unlike you who tosses people in ovens. You know like how your girlfriend up there wants to get rid of all the gays, because its "unnatural".

I don't want to get rid of all gays, or even some of them.

Nor do I think they're "unnatural". Try again.:cuckoo:

sure you do, you think their lifestyle is unnatural, which makes them unnatural. Shocking you would lie about it.

Just admit it already you want to round them up and get rid of them. This way you can have your little pure nation. Hilter has nothing on you.
There isn't one single time Koshergrl has ever gone against people who are gay, Plasmaball. You're just mistaken, and completely mistaken. That said, please apologize to Koshergrl. I'll be back in an hour to see your apology to her.

sure you do, you think their lifestyle is unnatural, which makes them unnatural. Shocking you would lie about it.

Just admit it already you want to round them up and get rid of them. This way you can have your little pure nation. Hilter has nothing on you.
There isn't one single time Koshergrl has ever gone against people who are gay, Plasmaball. You're just mistaken, and completely mistaken. That said, please apologize to Koshergrl. I'll be back in an hour to see your apology to her.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...e-solution-to-the-gay-marriage-debate-39.html

There you go, a whole thread for you to read on kosher slamming gay people. you ready for this:

Being normal is not a criteria for being married.

As for unhealthy, lesbians have a lower rate of AIDS than gay men, straight men, and straight women. Also, since plenty of straight couples engage in the same sexual act AND are allowed to get married, it is not a factor.

Lastly, it does not mock the institution of marriage. Gays want to JOIN in that institution, not destroy it. (we straights have done quite well at destroying it without their help)

Gays can join the institution. Nobody is preventing them from participating.

People who promote family-killing lifestyles are the ones who have killed the institution of marriage, not those who promote traditional family values. The people who brought you "sex without consequences" (a lie), "homosexuality is normal" (a lie), "abortion will save lives" (a lie), "children are sexual creatures so we must cater to that" (a lie), "we cannot control our sexual urges" (a lie), "no fault divorce will save families" (a lie), "promiscuity is healthy" (a lie), "single parent families are as successful as two parent families" (a lie) are killing off the family. And these are the same people who now are telling us that broadening the definition of marriage will somehow add to the richness of that institution...and they're lying now, too.

awe <Freudian Stage 2 insult omitted> you.
Civilly discussing an issue is not criticizing gay people. Now, apologize to Koshergrl, because you are still mistaken. And cut the Freudian bit to conservative (and liberal if you are speaking to them in that manner) women online.

Plasmaball, your hour is up. You have mail.

Good on ya.
icon14.gif

Civilly discussing an issue is not criticizing gay people. Now, apologize to Koshergrl, because you are still mistaken. And cut the Freudian bit to conservative (and liberal if you are speaking to them in that manner) women online.
you are a < false ad hominem omitted> and a moron...<freudian terms omitted>
Everyone is welcome at USMB, Plasmaball. Not many people take advantage of fair folk with ad hominems and such. Carrying your angst from other threads merely means you are shilling for an off topic discussion such as this one. And calling civil people churlish names is such dirty business. I often wonder what unfortunate modification of someone's language to dwell on the nefarious swearwords and Freudian insult is merely parroting the corruption caused in one's own mind by rolling in slime lower than snake snot. In your case, you seem baptized with sewer-line liquid.

Her answer was;

{A couple of speakers noted how surprising it is that political correctness in academia is now shutting off debate in the U.S., the country where academics supposedly prize vigorous discussion and vigilantly guard against any sign of McCarthyism.}

Academia crushes any deviation from dogma. Oh, you are free to spew any hatred at Christians, but should you utter anything approaching criticism of Islam, you will be fired, expelled, or worse.

9/11 made Islam the beloved of Academia, one must never question or even talk about Islam in any way that fails to praise and promote on American campuses. Intellectual discourse is forbidden. Exploration of ideas that question leftist ideals and the sacred cows that dominate, black studies, the hatred of Western Civilization and the peace of Islam are less tolerated today than market economics were under Mao.

And I posted an article about a guy who got fired from BYU because he disagreed with one aspect of the Mormon faith.

So?

you are a < false ad hominem omitted> and a moron...<freudian terms omitted>
Everyone is welcome at USMB, Plasmaball. Not many people take advantage of fair folk with ad hominems and such. Carrying your angst from other threads merely means you are shilling for an off topic discussion such as this one. And calling civil people churlish names is such dirty business. I often wonder what unfortunate modification of someone's language to dwell on the nefarious swearwords and Freudian insult is merely parroting the corruption caused in one's own mind by rolling in slime lower than snake snot. In your case, you seem baptized with sewer-line liquid.

id like to know who douched your brain so i can thank them. Its apparent all you can do is lie. I wonder if you and Kosher are not the same person?

Yes that must explain it, you are the same person.

Give up son. YOU are PW3ND!

id like to know who douched your brain so i can thank them. Its apparent all you can do is lie. I wonder if you and Kosher are not the same person?

Yes that must explain it, you are the same person.

Give up son. YOU are PW3ND!

no i didnt drunk. Man the world you morons live in...

See this is what happens when trolls are allowed on the internets, we have to deal with their stupidity.

Get a grip son.

Forum List

Back