Celebs and Plastic Surgery

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I feel that I liked him because of his personality. I knew plenty of my cousins other friends, some who were attractive, some who weren't, some had jobs, some didn't, etc., and I didn't have a crush on any of them. :smile: There was something that I found irresistible about THIS particular guy.

Eh. It's impossible to say one way or another simply from what you've given us here. I'm simply giving the general rule.

Men tend to be attracted to certain features in women, and women tend to be attracted to certain features men. There are evolutionary reasons for both.

Physical attractiveness in women is a sign of high fertility and good genes.

Physical attractiveness in men is a sign of the same. However, women also look at personality. There is a reason for that as well.

A good sense of humor (one of women's biggest turn-ons), for instance, is a sign of high intelligence in a man, and therefore good genes.

Confidence and a strong work ethic is a sign that a man will be a good protector and provider.

Frankly, even then, it has been both my experience, and shown in numerous studies, that women tend to be more receptive to the charms of a "good personality" when it is coming from an attractive, or high status man.

Sometimes good looking guys (really good looking guys) don't really have much of a personality, sad to say. Lol. I dated a guy who was absolutely gorgeous once (from head to toe, a beautiful specimen of man), but what a bore he was! There was just nothing there for me, you know?

I dated another guy who was a body builder, and he was a completely conceited jackass. I'm just not attracted to those kinds of guys, good looking or not. I'm also not into men who are in the mirror more than I am!!! Lol!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can't you see it? Look at who you DATED and look at who you TALK about dating. The kind of guy that you talk about dating is finding no solace in the fact that you're willing to date him, but are not because you're too busy dating the guys who don't have a personality. Meanwhile that guy who you dated and who didn't have a personality got the benefit of a date with you and will have to console himself with the fact that you TALK about him not being the right guy for you.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I feel that I liked him because of his personality. I knew plenty of my cousins other friends, some who were attractive, some who weren't, some had jobs, some didn't, etc., and I didn't have a crush on any of them. :smile: There was something that I found irresistible about THIS particular guy.

Eh. It's impossible to say one way or another simply from what you've given us here. I'm simply giving the general rule.

Men tend to be attracted to certain features in women, and women tend to be attracted to certain features men. There are evolutionary reasons for both.

Physical attractiveness in men is a sign of the same. However, women also look at personality. There is a reason for that as well.

A good sense of humor (one of women's biggest turn-ons), for instance, is a sign of high intelligence in a man, and therefore good genes.

Confidence and a strong work ethic is a sign that a man will be a good protector and provider.

Frankly, even then, it has been both my experience, and shown in numerous studies, that women tend to be more receptive to the charms of a "good personality" when it is coming from an attractive, or high status man.

Sometimes good looking guys (really good looking guys) don't really have much of a personality, sad to say. Lol. I dated a guy who was absolutely gorgeous once (from head to toe, a beautiful specimen of man), but what a bore he was! There was just nothing there for me, you know?

I dated another guy who was a body builder, and he was a completely conceited jackass. I'm just not attracted to those kinds of guys, good looking or not. I'm also not into men who are in the mirror more than I am!!! Lol!

Can't you see it? Look at who you DATED and look at who you TALK about dating. The kind of guy that you talk about dating is finding no solace in the fact that you're willing to date him, but are not because you're too busy dating the guys who don't have a personality. Meanwhile that guy who you dated and who didn't have a personality got the benefit of a date with you and will have to console himself with the fact that you TALK about him not being the right guy for you.

Oh, just because I HAVE dated good-looking men does not mean I wouldn't date one who wasn't great looking. Of course, I have my limitations. :biggrin: There DOES have to be chemistry there too. I'm sure I probably would not find a 500-pound man sexually appealing, or an 80-year-old man.

Edit: I probably should have said "standards" instead of limitations. That's a better fit I think. :)

Oh, just because I HAVE dated good-looking men does not mean I wouldn't date one who wasn't great looking. Of course, I have my limitations. :biggrin: There DOES have to be chemistry there too. I'm sure I probably would not find a 500-pound man sexually appealing, or an 80-year-old man.

You're still doing it :) You try to counter my comment by appealing to a future imaginary date. Even if you have to make up a story, why not "recount" when you DID date a kind hearted hobo for 6 months because he had interesting stories to recount and you found him utterly fascinating.

You're still doing it :) You try to counter my comment by appealing to a future imaginary date. Even if you have to make up a story, why not "recount" when you DID date a kind hearted hobo for 6 months because he had interesting stories to recount and you found him utterly fascinating.

Hobo!? Hey, I said I have standards! I said he doesn't have to be great looking or rich. I said nothing about dating hobos. :lol: Yes, he has to have a job. I'm not going to support some slouch. I want to date a grownup, not a kid. No, I probably wouldn't date a guy who had a big tumor growing out of the side of his face or something. Realistically though, I would date an average or below average-looking guy if he had a good personality and I felt an attraction towards him. Plenty of women do. I don't know why it's so hard to believe.

Hobo!? Hey, I said I have standards! I said he doesn't have to be great looking or rich. I said nothing about dating hobos. :lol: Yes, he has to have a job. I'm not going to support some slouch. I want to date a grownup, not a kid. No, I probably wouldn't date a guy who had a big tumor growing out of the side of his face or something. Realistically though, I would date an average or below average-looking guy if he had a good personality and I felt an attraction towards him. Plenty of women do. I don't know why it's so hard to believe.

Can't you even lie about this so we can put this topic to bed? :) Just make up a story about you "ACTUALLY" having dated a below average looking man who was a cashier at McDonalds because his witty banter while he was getting your Big Mac just melted you at your knees and made you forget about that doctor you were dating. Just make up a story about that wild 9 1/2 week romance you had with him. Anything but your assurances that you WOULD date an interesting, but low status, man if somehow such a man crossed your path. I'm pretty damn confident that such men have crossed your path thousands of times but they're invisible to most women.

Can't you even lie about this so we can put this topic to bed? :) Just make up a story about you "ACTUALLY" having dated a below average looking man who was a cashier at McDonalds because his witty banter while he was getting your Big Mac just melted you at your knees and made you forget about that doctor you were dating. Just make up a story about that wild 9 1/2 week romance you had with him. Anything but your assurances that you WOULD date an interesting, but low status, man if somehow such a man crossed your path. I'm pretty damn confident that such men have crossed your path thousands of times but they're invisible to most women.

You don't have to believe me. That's fine. Yes, true, there are many men I and other women pass by and don't speak to, of course. Lol! That's not because they aren't good-looking though, it's because we don't know them.

And I never said anything about "low status" men. I said they don't have to be RICH. :biggrin: There is a difference there. My ex-boyfriend who I loved and adored and had a LTR with (we actually lived together for a time) was a construction worker. That's pretty "low status" I suppose.

I think generally most women go under AFTER having babies just to get their youthful boobs back

I think generally most women go under AFTER having babies just to get their youthful boobs back

For who? For themselves or so that men will find them more attractive?

This is what I mean, women are under constant pressure to look "perfect."

Every see women who've had gastric surgery change their personality as a result? Many see an improvement in their self-esteem. Their husbands find them more desirable.

For women, more so than men, appearance is linked to self-esteem.

Every see women who've had gastric surgery change their personality as a result? Many see an improvement in their self-esteem. Their husbands find them more desirable.

Yup, this is what I've been saying. :biggrin:

Women need to come to terms with who they are.

You mean some women and some men need to.

You mean some women and some men need to.

Men don't really have a problem with their identity. It's been women who've been fighting a battle of definition over the last century.

Forum List

Back