CDC Study: Queer teens make poorer choices

It does seem to strike me as the epitome of self destructive, emotionally as well as physically, behavior.

Gays do seem to smoke, drink and engage in abusive relationships more than the normal

Besides gathering data on smoking, drinking and drug abuse, the study also examined rates of school absenteeism due to "fear of violence," condom use, physical fitness, good/poor diet or problems with weight management, such as extended fasting to lose weight.

gobbledygook

Probably has to do with the fact society is assholes to them. See post above.
Gay teens have to deal with other mean teens making comments they learned from their parents;), along with dealIng any family pressure. It has nothing to do with being gay.

Gay teens have to deal with other mean teens making comments they learned from their parents;), along with dealIng any family pressure. It has nothing to do with being gay.

Explain how condom use, physical fitness, good/poor diet or problems with weight management, such as extended fasting to lose weight are unique and special for gays vs the rest of the HS population?

Fear of violence is the snuggly talking point, but that too is not unique to the gay kiddies.

The same goes with meanies calling names.

• Banned

Interesting opinion, and reasonably defended if it weren't for the absolutist declaration.

We can never know this with complete certainty.

Not sure why a study was needed for this. One, social outcasts would tend to engage in riskier behaviors. Two, sex ed only focuses on safe behaviors for straight teens.

Not exactly rocket science.

Don't you think having people contantly judge your lifestyle might get to someone? How about if your parents don't agree with it?
It isn't your job to judge them.;)

Explain how condom use, physical fitness, good/poor diet or problems with weight management, such as extended fasting to lose weight are unique and special for gays vs the rest of the HS population?

Fear of violence is the snuggly talking point, but that too is not unique to the gay kiddies.

It isn't just fear of violence they have to deal with.;)

Don't you think having people contantly judge your lifestyle might get to someone? How about if your parents don't agree with it?
THAT is probably the biggest reason they engage in riskier behaviors.

It does seem that you have it backwards. It is just one more behavior in a constellation of bad choices.

Sure I do. Lol and you are the authority on gay people? Oh! Wait I forget people think it is your job to pass judgement on people you know nothing about. Lol

It does seem that you have it backwards. It is just one more behavior in a constellation of bad choices.

Sure I do. Lol and you are the authority on gay people? Oh! Wait I forget people think it is your job to pass judgement on people you know nothing about. Lol
:lol:

I guess BM believes being gay is a choice. Just one more choice in a constellation of bad choices.

I love to hear the opinions of people who aren't gay, who think they know what causes gay people to be dysfunctional.

You claim that they're dysfunctional because other people torment them...but that they're gay because they were born that way. If genetics causes gayness, who's to say genetics doesn't also cause mental illness and depression...and who's to say the two aren't linked?

THAT is probably the biggest reason they engage in riskier behaviors.

It is why my friend did. His mom even says she knew he was gay at a young age, but they still judge and put him down for being gay. He is finally comfortable with himself, and has excepted his parents negative opinions, and actually leads a normal life. What about the ones who never learn to deal with all this?

And if mental illness/substance abuse/dysfunction is caused by other people...who's to say that outside influences don't also cause gayness? Can't have it both ways. Either we are who we are, or it's environmental.

And the claim is that all gay people have perfectly normal home lives...so what we're claiming here is that people who are on the OUTSIDE circle are able to make people who are of course perfectly functional and *normal* on their own, into drug-addicted, neurotic messes.

I love to hear the opinions of people who aren't gay, who think they know what causes gay people to be dysfunctional.

You claim that they're dysfunctional because other people torment them...but that they're gay because they were born that way. If genetics causes gayness, who's to say genetics doesn't also cause mental illness and depression...and who's to say the two aren't linked?

It might have to do with the fact I have many gay friends, my best friend is even gay and I see what people like you and BM do to them when you decide to tell them about their bad choices.

It isn't just fear of violence they have to deal with.;)

Do you read or just post? :)

Forum List

Back