CDC Study: Queer teens make poorer choices

And if mental illness/substance abuse/dysfunction is caused by other people...who's to say that outside influences don't also cause gayness? Can't have it both ways. Either we are who we are, or it's environmental.

And the claim is that all gay people have perfectly normal home lives...so what we're claiming here is that people who are on the OUTSIDE circle are able to make people who are of course perfectly functional and *normal* on their own, into drug-addicted, neurotic messes.

Yeah, actually we can have it both ways. If you were smart as you think you are you would realize that.

Explain how condom use, physical fitness, good/poor diet or problems with weight management, such as extended fasting to lose weight are unique and special for gays vs the rest of the HS population?

Fear of violence is the snuggly talking point, but that too is not unique to the gay kiddies.

The same goes with meanies calling names.
It isn't just fear of violence they have to deal with.;)

Do you read or just post? :)
Did you bother to read mine when you posted?

And if mental illness/substance abuse/dysfunction is caused by other people...who's to say that outside influences don't also cause gayness? Can't have it both ways. Either we are who we are, or it's environmental.

And the claim is that all gay people have perfectly normal home lives...so what we're claiming here is that people who are on the OUTSIDE circle are able to make people who are of course perfectly functional and *normal* on their own, into drug-addicted, neurotic messes.

Yeah, cause we're the assholes , remember :lol: (at least I am)

I love to hear the opinions of people who aren't gay, who think they know what causes gay people to be dysfunctional.

You claim that they're dysfunctional because other people torment them...but that they're gay because they were born that way. If genetics causes gayness, who's to say genetics doesn't also cause mental illness and depression...and who's to say the two aren't linked?

It might have to do with the fact I have many gay friends, my best friend is even gay and I see what people like you and BM do to them when you decide to tell them about their bad choices.

Lol...good for you.

I don't tell anyone about their bad choices unless they ask me. I have my own choices to make and they keep me busy.

PS...I roomed with a gay couple for some time, and several of my friends from childhood are gay. So much for what you know about anything.

It does seem that you have it backwards. It is just one more behavior in a constellation of bad choices.

Sure I do. Lol and you are the authority on gay people? Oh! Wait I forget people think it is your job to pass judgement on people you know nothing about. Lol

You seem to assume that a clinical discussion is being judgmental.

My attitudes pro or con mean nothing.

However, stupid behavior usually leads to painful results.

If you choose to bang your thumb with a hammer, that is your choice. The resulting pain is predictable.

If I tell you that promiscuity, drug use, abusive relationships or other risky behaviors will make your life difficult, that is not being judgmental. Any more than telling you that dropping an anvil on your toe is judgmental. However, when you complain about the pain in your foot, I will point out that it is a consequence of your own behavior, and the pain is predictable.

A more important question is why kids engage in self destructive behavior in general. It can't be ignorance of the consequences.

Now, I am out. I hate debating this topic on here because the right wingers on this board feel they need to tell people how bad their choices are. Funny coming from Christians. Lol
So, I will post this and leave.
n628552874_122950_682.jpg

Start dealing with your bad choices(judging people you know nothing about) before trying to fix other people.;)

If you judge people you know nothing about, that would make you an asshole. Just sayin!

Yeah, because we all know that if somebody doesn't agree with your opinion, they're passing judgement.

Whereas you're not...you would NEVER pass judgement on someone else.

Loon.

If you judge people you know nothing about, that would make you an asshole. Just sayin!
You're guilty

I didn't judge anyone, you did though

Oh, and I have gay friends too - so much for your being special that way.

I asked a few questions you dodged.

The study was conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and used national survey data from 2001-2009

It took 8 years? and 2 years to be given to the public.

What a waste of time and money.

It does seem that you have it backwards. It is just one more behavior in a constellation of bad choices.

Sure I do. Lol and you are the authority on gay people? Oh! Wait I forget people think it is your job to pass judgement on people you know nothing about. Lol
:lol:

I guess BM believes being gay is a choice. Just one more choice in a constellation of bad choices.

As to being strait or gay, that is hard to know what goes on in people's minds. And folks who are perfectly strait have gay urges, and gays have been known to marry and have sex with the opposite sex. My language professor at college was flamboyantly gay in behavior (heavy smoker, tight pants, gay mannerisms when talking) but when I met up with him he had been married 20 years and had four kids.

Who you are is who you are. What you do is a matter of choice, and it makes you who you are.

Manifolds post was that people who identify as gay engage in self destructive behaviors more than the norm. All I can say is, from the limited constellation of gays that I know, this has been perfectly consistant with my observations as well. The more interesting question is, is gayness a reflection of a self destructive state of mind, which seems consistant with what I have observed, or is the self destructive behavior of gays a response to how they are treated by the outside community?

But no one ever fits the stereotype. My language professor was happily married 30 years from the last report I had of him. I knew a guy in San Francisco who was even more flamboyant in his gay behavior. (he had a cosmetology licence and gave all the women in the office hair stylings on a regular basis) He also had a monogamous relation with a guy for over 20 years.

Lots of guys who are aggressively strait will inadvertently reveal romantic and sexual desires not consistant with their stated position.

Anyway, you can't say all A are B when it comes to sexuality. The best you can say is that if you engage in activity A, there is a very high probability that B will happen to you.

To be honest I haven't see any teens make good choices on a consistant basis, regardless of their sexuality.

I think kids that have a heightened curiousity about sex (straight or homo) and belong in ridiculously supportive homes may actually be STEERED into homosexuality by parents who are so fucking PC that they are afraid to take any stance at all regarding sexuality.

They do this under the misguided idea that kids CAN'T help their sexuality and so therefore should never get any sort of guidance whatever regarding it. They just praise them no matter what they do. I think parents a lot of times turn their kids into homosexuals with the best intentions....they are more concerned about being politically correct than they are about their own children's well being and happiness.

For example...my son right now wants to try on his sister's shoes, is into Justin Bieber (sigh) and even wanted to try makeup and stuff. I do not immediately make the assumption that he's a budding homosexual and encourage such behavior because that would mean I had opted out of parenting and instead decided just to let nature take it's course.

If I did this by the time he would be of an age to lose interest in such things, he would already have been identified by all his school mates as odd, homosexual, and they (and we) would have started grooming him for that role. Hard to get out of it once you start down it.

Instead, I tell him "makeup is for older girls, not little boys". And I tell him that if he wears his sister's shoes other kids will make fun of him. True enough, and I didn't even have to coach him on sexuality. Now he's losing interest in it.

So would I be a better parent if I cooed and giggled when he put on makeup; if I bought him some of his own to experiment with, on the off chance that he's actually queer? HELL NO. I would be TEACHING him to be homosexual if I did that. Besides sexualizing him at a young age. I don't even buy my daughter makeup to play with. She's 8, not 16. I don't want her doing things meant to attract sexual attention, from EITHER sex, and I don't want my boy doing it either.

And I think often very supportive parents don't get that. They think that if a kid exhibits curiousity about sexuality, they are obligated to nurture that. It's sick, and it's wrong.

:lol:

I guess BM believes being gay is a choice. Just one more choice in a constellation of bad choices.

As to being strait or gay, that is hard to know what goes on in people's minds. And folks who are perfectly strait have gay urges, and gays have been known to marry and have sex with the opposite sex. My language professor at college was flamboyantly gay in behavior (heavy smoker, tight pants, gay mannerisms when talking) but when I met up with him he had been married 20 years and had four kids.

Who you are is who you are. What you do is a matter of choice, and it makes you who you are.

Manifolds post was that people who identify as gay engage in self destructive behaviors more than the norm. All I can say is, from the limited constellation of gays that I know, this has been perfectly consistant with my observations as well. The more interesting question is, is gayness a reflection of a self destructive state of mind, which seems consistant with what I have observed, or is the self destructive behavior of gays a response to how they are treated by the outside community?

But no one ever fits the stereotype. My language professor was happily married 30 years from the last report I had of him. I knew a guy in San Francisco who was even more flamboyant in his gay behavior. (he had a cosmetology licence and gave all the women in the office hair stylings on a regular basis) He also had a monogamous relation with a guy for over 20 years.

Lots of guys who are aggressively strait will inadvertently reveal romantic and sexual desires not consistant with their stated position.

Anyway, you can't say all A are B when it comes to sexuality. The best you can say is that if you engage in activity A, there is a very high probability that B will happen to you.
So it is your contention that gays are in dire "straits"? :lol:

You forget we are discussing teens, here. Not men that have been married for thirty years. You have no idea what the man engaged in when he was a teen.

Being a teenager is bad for your health.

True story

Being a teenager that takes it in the ass, literally, is slightly worse.

But none of this compares to the damage being an adult with teens does to the now worn down body.

Forum List

Back