CCP Nuclear Sub spotted in Taiwan Strait

Would you be willing to bet on that? Look at how much we, the taxpayers, had to farmers and manufacturers for their losses from the trade war.

I don't make bets on this website.

And if you want food to continue being put on your table, you would gladly allow your tax dollars to subsidize farmers and manufacturers who were affected by the trade war.

Hopefully, Xi & whoever runs Formosa (Taiwan) have made a deal to tolerate each other as Chinese Brothers, and to do nothing against each other.
That way, Mainland Chinese submarines can use the deep water routes by Formosa. Then the Yanks won't be able to monitor them well.

Any way, Xi is Han Chinese, I am wondering if Taiwan is Han too. That would make the deal even easier.

I never said it was. Why have a VP if such a role is 'ceremonial'?

It has always been that way. It makes sense since it frees the president to concentrate on policy. Many countries have a PM and a president, and the president is largely ceremonial.
Research my post history and you will discover that assertion is a lie.

Ok. Then do no presume to claim I am unable to criticize Biden.

That's a lie. Your issues were with his character, not his actions.
No. You are lying. My issues are with charecters AND actions. Look at my posting history.

I don't make bets on this website.

And if you want food to continue being put on your table, you would gladly allow your tax dollars to subsidize farmers and manufacturers who were affected by the trade war.
I don’t mean a literal bet. I mean would you be willing to bet your country’s future on such an action?

When it comes to subsidies I don’t mind subsidizing crisis due to unforeseen disasters, ie drought, covid…but I do mind when it’s due to ill conceived policy.

I do find it ironic though that people are all too willing to bail out some sectors while simultaneously considering it bad to help individuals in poverty.

Ok. Then do no presume to claim I am unable to criticize Biden.

I don't presume. I know. You do realize how many times we've debated each other on this forum? There is enough evidence from you to dispense with presumptions. Getting you to directly criticize Biden is essentially like trying to turn a rock into a loaf of bread.

No. You are lying. My issues are with charecters AND actions. Look at my posting history.

Yes of course, and interspersed within were your own political biases.

You let your overall political and general judgments of his character influence your views of his actions. You never considered the fact that his acts as President would have any positive impact on the country.

I don't go into any presidential administration hoping for its failure, but when it consistently fails, as this one has, a pattern of behavior has already been established.

I will give Biden the same four years I gave Trump. Yet you won’t?
The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. Joe Biden kept his head down and accomplished nothing in forty years. Then he was the token old white guy for eight, and accomplished more nothing.

Now he is nothing more than a Jeff Dunham dummy parroting his far-left handlers wishes.

In my opinion, his wife and any other loved ones are guilty of elder abuse. How can they not be?

Biden has accomplished nothing but building his own criminal family in fifty years. Personally, I do not believe that was the goal of Joe. I think he is weak that he allowed Hunter to drag him into it as a way to try and keep him out of prison. Then there is Biden's brother who he also wanted to make wealthy.

When it comes to subsidies I don’t mind subsidizing crisis due to unforeseen disasters, ie drought, covid…but I do mind when it’s due to ill conceived policy.

Question:

Are you willing to stake America's economic future on the minute possibility that the Chinese will stop exploiting our intellectual property and adversely exploiting our economy here?

When do we take action to stop this?

The action won't be painless, it never will be given how much past 'ill conceived policy' has intertwined us economically with China. Namely Clinton's allowance of China into the WTO. They lied their way in and are now proving it.

The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. Joe Biden kept his head down and accomplished nothing in forty years. Then he was the token old white guy for eight, and accomplished more nothing.

Now he is nothing more than a Jeff Dunham dummy parroting his far-left handlers wishes.

In my opinion, his wife and any other loved ones are guilty of elder abuse. How can they not be?

Biden has accomplished nothing but building his own criminal family in fifty years. Personally, I do not believe that was the goal of Joe. I think he is weak that he allowed Hunter to drag him into it as a way to try and keep him out of prison. Then there is Biden's brother who he also wanted to make wealthy.
Trump’s past behavior was a series of bankruptcies, judge him on that?

Biden deserves the same amount of time Trump had, before judging his China policy. Otherwise it is a clear and probably partisan double standard.

Okay. Congress can pass laws prohibiting Apple from manufacturing the parts for their phones anywhere in the world except on US soil. Any buying, selling or manufacturing must take place here in the US. All actions are thereby regulated by Federal Law.

Limit who can legally import the materials for said parts to those from trusted countries. That would exclude China. China has been known for intentionally shipping faulty parts and materials to manufacturers in the US for years.

We could work to corner the market in regards to the materials critical to manufacturing those phones.

Question:

Are you willing to stake America's economic future on the minute possibility that the Chinese will stop exploiting our intellectual property and adversely exploiting our economy here?

If You are saying do nothing and hope China will play nice? No.

When do we take action to stop this?

The action won't be painless, it never will be given how much past 'ill conceived policy' has intertwined us economically with China. Namely Clinton's allowance of China into the WTO. They lied their way in and are now proving it.

I am in total agreement we need to take action, just what action? IMO, in order to be effective, it needs to be multinational, AND, we can’t continue to ignore China’s investments around the world in the name of reducing foreign aid.

Trump’s past behavior was a series of bankruptcies, judge him on that?

See, you can't. Because he didn't bankrupt the US, he only continued the reckless spending that went on for years prior.

Biden deserves the same amount of time Trump had, before judging his China policy.

Given that he served in a prior administration who did very little on the matter, I can already judge him for his China policy.

He has done nothing about the Uyghur genocides (except maybe declare a diplomatic boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics), the illicit organ harvesting, or Chinese slave factories which manufacturers stateside take advantage of, like Nike and Apple.

Last edited:
If You are saying do nothing and hope China will play nice? No.

I am in total agreement we need to take action, just what action? IMO, in order to be effective, it needs to be multinational, AND, we can’t continue to ignore China’s investments around the world in the name of reducing foreign aid.

Multinational is good. But China can retaliate against each and every one of the countries that cooperate. Only we have the economic vitality to withstand any reprisals from the Chinese.

Okay. Congress can pass laws prohibiting Apple from manufacturing the parts for their phones anywhere in the world except on US soil. Any buying, selling or manufacturing must take place here in the US. All actions are thereby regulated by Federal Law.
How can they pass a law like that? Just curious, because it is entirely against free market principles. Would you then prohibit them from selling their product outside the US?

Limit who can legally import the materials for said parts to those from trusted countries. That would exclude China. China has been known for intentionally shipping faulty parts and materials to manufacturers in the US for years.

We could work to corner the market in regards to the materials critical to manufacturing those phones.
I think only the last would be workable.

Forum List

Back