CCP Nuclear Sub spotted in Taiwan Strait

So, how do we stop China from doing things to people within their own borders? If you are in another country, you are bound by their laws. We can't stop China from doing that without directly interfering with their governmental apparatus. Trying would be a violation of their sovereignty, something they don't consider with ours.
No, you misunderstand. China is trying to crush free speech of Americans in our own country.

I will give Biden the same four years I gave Trump. Yet you won’t?
Because failures of great magnitude have occurred in just under a year. Afghanistan. Inflation. Unconstitutional vaccine mandates. His son profited off deals with Chinese Communists and gave Biden a cut of the profits.

One other thing, Biden has been a politician for 48 years. He has a history that I can properly judge him on. Trump only 4.

I'm not judging Biden on one year, I'm judging him on 48.

Last edited:
Because failures of great magnitude have occurred in just under a year. Afghanistan. Inflation. Unconstitutional vaccine mandates. His son profited off deals with Chinese Communists and gave Biden a cut of the profits.

One other thing, Biden has been a politician for 48 years. He has a history that I can properly judge him on. Trump only 4.

I'm not judging Biden on one year, I'm judging him for 48.
You can’t. Being a president is a job like no other. I can list what I consider huge failures and corruption of Trump as well. what I’m seeing is,when it comes to China you are applying two different standards: Biden “10 months, he’s toast”, Trump “four years, he’s just getting started,”

Come on…if one year is enough for Biden surely four is enough for Trump :rolleyes:

We judge people on actions they take in real-time. We judge them by how much impact their actions will have on the future.

Take Biden's stance with China, for example. China is only bullying Taiwan because they understand how weak and feckless he is on foreign policy. They saw what happened in Afghanistan. They have been emboldened by his weakness.

The vaccine mandates? People are refusing them en-masse. If he is allowed to follow through with them, people will quit their jobs en-masse.

Covid. He is not directly holding China accountable for loosing this virus on the rest of the world.

The supply chain crisis. Instead of using government controls to ease it, he is going after producers who he sees as 'price gouging.'

Gas prices. Instead of easing the prices by increasing oil production, he releases 50 million barrels of oil from our petroleum reserve and begs OPEC to produce more oil instead.

A year has barely passed and I have plenty to judge Biden on.

But this thread is about China, not about Biden's domestic policy failures thus far.

I can list what I consider huge failures and corruption of Trump as well. what I’m seeing is,when it comes to China you are applying two different standards: Biden “10 months, he’s toast”, Trump “four years, he’s just getting started,”

You can list those 'failures' according to your own personal biases perhaps. I can list failures that I can readily see with my own eyes and am experiencing first-hand with Biden.

Biden “10 months, he’s toast”, Trump “four years, he’s just getting started,”
A lot can go wrong in 10 months. And it has. These are far reaching failures that won't go away overnight.

You fail to grasp the magnitude of his incompetence. It will get us into a losing war with China.

I will give Biden the same four years I gave Trump.

Of course, you will. I doubt you will ever muster the courage to criticize him in the same manner and intensity you did Trump.

You forget we saw Biden's lack of leadership in 8 years as VP under Obama. He was virtually nonexistent, namely because even Obama didn't really trust him with his duties. We already know what his leadership style is like. We can judge his actions through that lens.

Last edited:
Maybe, but how precisely since this seems to be market driven?

You answered your own question.

Economics.

We have the economic clout to really hurt China for interfering in our society, and like you said, we don't. Namely because if we hurt them economically, it will hurt us economically. And if our economies fail, the world economy will fail also.

It's a vicious cycle. But someone has to make the first move.

Of course, you will. I doubt you will ever muster the courage to criticize him in the same manner you did Trump.

You forget we saw Biden's lack of leadership in 8 years as VP under Obama. He was virtually nonexistent, namely because even Obama didn't really trust him with his duties. We already know what his leadership style is like. We can judge his actions through that lens.
The VP is a position with little to no power, largely ceremonial. That is not unique to Biden.

You talk about mustering courage, I haven’t seen you critical of Trump In the same way you are on Biden. In fact, I willing to bet I am more critical of Biden than you are on Trump. I was pretty pissed about Afghanistan, not happy about the border (though likely for different reasons than yours) and I felt he needed to act more quickly on getting Iran back to the table while we still had a moderate and willing Iranian president. What courage have you shown?

And in the end, this really a deflection isn’t? Come on. You are judging Biden on 10 months, where he has only begun engaging China while simultaneously insisting four years was not enough to judge Trump by!

You answered your own question.

Economics.

We have the economic clout to really hurt China for interfering in our society, and like you said, we don't. Namely because if we hurt them economically, it will hurt us economically. And if our economies fail, the world economy will fail also.

It's a vicious cycle. But someone has to make the first move.
I want to say, again, how? I hate how Big Tech capitulates to China’s survellience demands in order to get a share of China’s very big market…but how will you stop it exactly? Even lopsided, China is a huge market. Tariffs, which I might add, Biden kept don’t seem to have made a huge difference and if it hurt China, it hurt us just as much.

The VP is a position with little to no power, largely ceremonial. That is not unique to Biden.

I never said it was. Why have a VP if such a role is 'ceremonial'?

You talk about mustering courage, I haven’t seen you critical of Trump In the same way you are on Biden.

Research my post history and you will discover that assertion is a lie.

In fact, I willing to bet I am more critical of Biden than you are on Trump.

That's a lie. Your issues were with his character, not his actions.

I hate how Big Tech capitulates to China’s survellience demands in order to get a share of China’s very big market…but how will you stop it exactly?

Congressional action. Government can deem these entities subject to government regulation. If China sees it can't win in our tech industry, they will pull out of it.

Even lopsided, China is a huge market. Tariffs, which I might add, Biden kept don’t seem to have made a huge difference and if it hurt China, it hurt us just as much.

Like I said, using our economic weapons hurt us just as much as those they are used against. The difference is that we can recover from it, China won't.

Like I said, using our economic weapons hurt us just as much as those they are used against. The difference is that we can recover from it, China won't.
Would you be willing to bet on that? Look at how much we, the taxpayers, had to farmers and manufacturers for their losses from the trade war.

Forum List

Back