CBS Puub debate....To war, to war... Paul only sane one...

Normally, I think of Ron Paul as the crazy one, but it's true, he has been the only sane one so far.

We should have sent 40,000 troops instead of 30,000 troops?

Iran is a "dictatorship" (from Newt)? Are dictators "elected"?

No timeline is "safer"?

Don't negotiate with the Taliban because they are "terrorists"?

No negotiation with Afghanistan?

This has to be much "larger"?

I Like what Perry is saying about giving "0" foreign aid to countries that don't support the US! I just tuned in so i missed the other answers! :)

I don't think cutting off aid to Pakistan is a plausible policy. I expect it would lead to a massive destabilization, which is clearly not in US interests.

Dr. Paul is wise to the military industrial complex and its connection to pork for votes. He served, as did I.

Santorum's answer on Pakistan was basically that we need to be actively working to strengthen pro-US elements in Pakistan, basically the policy we've had under Bush and Obama (and even before). Why does he seem to be so much more realistic than many of the other candidates? Before I started listening to these debates I thought he was the most ridiculous candidate. Now I wonder if he'll be the flavor of the week sometime before the voting starts, and maybe get his foot in the door.

I Like what Perry is saying about giving "0" foreign aid to countries that don't support the US! I just tuned in so i missed the other answers! :)

You guys know that Despite the Fact that China is Manipulating their Currency Value to our Detriment, Despite the Fact that they side against us in the UN almost all the time, Despite the Fact that we "OWE" them A trillion dollars, and Despite the Fact that their Economy is about to Eclipse ours as the Biggest in the world.

WE STILL FUCKING GIVE CHINA AID.

I mean WTF.

http://news.investors.com/Article/560621/201101211919/Editorial-Why-Does-The-US-Still-Give-China-Aid-.htm

According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, foreign aid to China totals $2.6 billion a year. The biggest donor is Japan, followed by Germany, France and Britain, then the U.S. All of these countries, meanwhile, are in debt to China and running massive deficits.

U.S. aid, at $65 million a year, is relatively small thanks to sanctions imposed following Beijing's 1989 military crackdown on pro-democracy demonstrators at Tiananmen Square. Still, why are we sending China any succor at all?

But the aid is next to impossible to justify when you consider the following facts:

• Beijing spends at least $100 billion a year building up its military and training the world's largest army.

• It spends billions more on a space program.

• It spent tens of billions on the 2008 Olympics.

• It holds some $2.5 trillion in foreign reserves.

• It boasts the world's most billionaires after the U.S.

Yet China still has its hand out, as if it were a Third World developing nation. And we keep treating it like a charity case.

We have got to be the Stupidest Country on the Face of the earth.

Last edited:
Did Newt just say he would adopt the Reagan/Ron Paul stance on Iran?

I think he might have said "John Paul", as in the Pope. He also mentioned Thatcher. I think the idea was that he would do to Iran what Reagan did to the USSR. Or perhaps I misheard. I'm not really sure what he meant.

Bachmann said that the CIA isn't interrogating terrorism suspects. I'm pretty sure that's just false.

Yup, The Republicans are gonna lose to Obama, still pro war and pro big Government but lie that they want cuts and to pass budgets that are balanced.

Forum List

Back