CBS Puub debate....To war, to war... Paul only sane one...

Normally, I think of Ron Paul as the crazy one, but it's true, he has been the only sane one so far.

We should have sent 40,000 troops instead of 30,000 troops?

Iran is a "dictatorship" (from Newt)? Are dictators "elected"?

No timeline is "safer"?

Don't negotiate with the Taliban because they are "terrorists"?

No negotiation with Afghanistan?

This has to be much "larger"?
Gotta' feed the Military Industrial Complex and guard the Opium fields in Afghanistan. All with Barrys' blessing!

Democrats are all about the Chickenhawk Warmongering too. They have no problem with war. You're only deluding yourself if you think otherwise. War with Iran is probably inevitable and don't be surprised if it's a Democrat making that decision. But i do agree with your take on Ron Paul except for the fact you should have said he was the only sane one in either party.

I always find it amusing when I hear people deny that the conservative mentality is pro war. And when they hear other people speak out against war, they attack that individual and call them unamerican and unpatriotic.

True, so true. But in all fairness it is the republican mentality not a true conservative mentality.

What's a true conservative mentality though? They must be a very, very elusive minority. All the conservatives I know love selective government intrusion and are always for supporting a war for at least 10 years before thinking maybe it's time to back down and change wars.
Define select intrusions in your own words please.

Bachmann said that the CIA isn't interrogating terrorism suspects. I'm pretty sure that's just false.

Pretty sure?

Yeah, pretty sure. CIA interrogations aren't really making the news now, and I couldn't factcheck Bachmann's statement on the fly. It was certainly false though, as CNN indicated:

Bachmann: CIA interrogation is lacking - CNN.com

They factchecked a wider quote of hers, and found it misleading. Based on their facts though, the part where she said "We have no CIA interrogation anymore" was just false.

They factchecked a wider quote of hers, and found it misleading. Based on their facts though, the part where she said "We have no CIA interrogation anymore" was just false.

Yes, but it sounds good, is eagerly lapped up by the right, and if lucky you might get a swing voter or two to believe the Administration is ‘weak on terror.’

Bachmann said that the CIA isn't interrogating terrorism suspects. I'm pretty sure that's just false.

She meant to say the Obama administration is making it harder to effectively interrogate suspects, which I would agree with.

Left/Democrats are now the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers in the country. They never really were 'Anti-War.' I tried to tell people that for a long time. Their 'Anti-War' farce was only about getting the power back. Now that they have the power back,it's "KILL KILL KILL!!!" for em. Just another political fraud in the end. So Warmongering is not just a Republican thing. Go back and check out history if you don't believe me. So it's time for the Left/Democrats to quit pretending they're Anti-War. Intelligent people know better.

Last edited:
True, so true. But in all fairness it is the republican mentality not a true conservative mentality.

What's a true conservative mentality though? They must be a very, very elusive minority. All the conservatives I know love selective government intrusion and are always for supporting a war for at least 10 years before thinking maybe it's time to back down and change wars.

Ohhh, I dunno. How about gay marriage for starters? Nearly all the conservatives I know, both personally and on the internet seem to be pretty staunch supporters of the government preventing gay marriage, and preventing equal tax bonuses for gay married/civil union couples.

How about Marijuana and other drug restrictions? Never seen any bigger supporters of the drug war than conservatives. For a non addictive, non destructive drug like marijuana, it's pretty amazing how much they want the government to regulate it.

Patriot Act? How about that nugget of goodness right there? They were completely for it from the beginning and for most of its life, but as it's really starting to become unpopular to extreme levels. But once another president came into power, they were trying to pin everything about it on that guy. And don't even get me started on the shitty fact that Obama extended it.

Abortion. That's one that they've been trying to get the government to restrict for a long time now. They'd love it if they could get their state governments, or better yet the federal government to completely ban abortions.

Ohhh, I dunno. How about gay marriage for starters? Nearly all the conservatives I know, both personally and on the internet seem to be pretty staunch supporters of the government preventing gay marriage, and preventing equal tax bonuses for gay married/civil union couples.

How about Marijuana and other drug restrictions? Never seen any bigger supporters of the drug war than conservatives. For a non addictive, non destructive drug like marijuana, it's pretty amazing how much they want the government to regulate it.

Patriot Act? How about that nugget of goodness right there? They were completely for it from the beginning and for most of its life, but as it's really starting to become unpopular to extreme levels. But once another president came into power, they were trying to pin everything about it on that guy. And don't even get me started on the shitty fact that Obama extended it.

Abortion. That's one that they've been trying to get the government to restrict for a long time now. They'd love it if they could get their state governments, or better yet the federal government to completely ban abortions.

Patriot Act? How about that nugget of goodness right there?
Not a supporter

Abortion. That's one that they've been trying to get the government to restrict for a long time now. They'd love it if they could get their state governments, or better yet the federal government to completely ban abortions

A woman has a right to privacy in regards to her reproductive system. what she doesn't have a right is when another life is involved in that system then that life has a right to be protected.

Ohhh, I dunno. How about gay marriage for starters? Nearly all the conservatives I know, both personally and on the internet seem to be pretty staunch supporters of the government preventing gay marriage, and preventing equal tax bonuses for gay married/civil union couples

There is no such thing as a protected right to marriage

Patriot Act? How about that nugget of goodness right there? They were completely for it from the beginning and for most of its life, but as it's really starting to become unpopular to extreme levels

A person should have the right to do what ever he wants to do as long as it does not infring upon another persons right.

Not a supporter

A woman has a right to privacy in regards to her reproductive system. what she doesn't have a right is when another life is involved in that system then that life has a right to be protected.

Ohhh, I dunno. How about gay marriage for starters? Nearly all the conservatives I know, both personally and on the internet seem to be pretty staunch supporters of the government preventing gay marriage, and preventing equal tax bonuses for gay married/civil union couples

There is no such thing as a protected right to marriage

Patriot Act? How about that nugget of goodness right there? They were completely for it from the beginning and for most of its life, but as it's really starting to become unpopular to extreme levels

A person should have the right to do what ever he wants to do as long as it does not infring upon another persons right.

Glad to hear you're not a supporter of the patriot act. Were you ever? Were you one of those individuals who were always saying, "You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide"?

So in regards to what you say about abortion, all I hear there is abortion should be made illegal and what... the government to enforce? Who is to enforce it? Because abortion always deals with a life. As far as I know, dead babies aren't typically aborted... thy're miscarried. Is there any line involved at all in where the life is to be treated as a human with all given rights, and a line where not? Zygote? Blastocyst? Fetus? How far along during fetal development?

"There's no such thing as a protected right to marriage."

What kind of shit is that? Do you have a problem with gay marriage or not? That kind of argument just implies you are for the denial of gay people to be married and recognized by the state and given the same tax benefits as heterosexual married couples. Who said anything about right to marriage? If there's no 'right' to marriage, then why the fuck even bring up the point if heteros and homosexuals are supposedly on the same playing field? Clearly they're not though. Not yet anyway... it's an inevitable, but that day hasn't come yet... still too many backwards individuals out there.

I assume that last quote was not another thing about the patriot act, but instead about marijuana. So Let's just say that I'm glad to hear you think a person is free to use drugs as long as they're not impacting the freedoms of other people. The only problem is though, that it is not the case, and there are federal laws against that sort of thing... and people are really ridiculous about stretching what it means for an individual's rights to be infringed upon when talking about drugs.

Lots of Chickenhawk Warmongers these days and they're in both parties. Warmongering is a Bi-Partisan effort for sure. We've been bombing & killing for 70yrs. straight. Both Democrats & Republicans are responsible. This post is very disingenuous.

Lots of Chickenhawk Warmongers these days and they're in both parties. Warmongering is a Bi-Partisan effort for sure. We've been bombing & killing for 70yrs. straight. Both Democrats & Republicans are responsible. This post is very disingenuous.

Yes there are both democrats and republicans responsible. That's an easy cloak to shield yourself behind though, without getting into the ugly details of sheer volume on each side. Because when you venture into that side of the argument, you lose. The right has typically been the side calling for war, and the left has been the side opposing it, all while the right call them out for opposing it. You can't deny that. You going to deny nearly an entire recent decade?

Even since then and now as well you have individuals who have called/are calling for war against North Korea, Iran and others. They're salivating for the next occupation they can commit our boys in uniform to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back