Cato : "New" Budget Deal - Pure BS -

All I can say is....
Well, DUUUUUUH!

House Speaker John Boehner’s bullet points on the deal say that it cuts discretionary spending by $917 billion over 10 years, as “certified by CBO.” These discretionary “cuts” appear to be the same as those in Boehner’s plan from last week. The chart shows CBO’s scoring of those spending cuts .
edwards8-1-11a.jpg

Wait a minute, those bars are rising! Spending isn’t being cut at all. The “cuts” in the deal are only cuts from the CBO “baseline,” which is a Washington construct of ever-rising spending. And even these “cuts” from the baseline include $156 billion of interest savings, which are imaginary because the underlying cuts are imaginary.

"No program or agency terminations are identified in the deal. None of the vast armada of federal subsidies are targeted for elimination. Old folks will continue to gorge themselves on inflated benefits paid for by young families and future generations. None of Senator Tom Coburn’s or Senator Rand Paul’s specific cuts were included."

All I can say is....

Well, DUUUUUUH!

"Old folks will continue to gorge themselves on inflated benefits paid for by young families and future generations. " LOL!

The average SS check is $450. a month!! Boy they are really living it up. LOL!!:lol:

Budget Deal Doesn’t Cut Spending

Posted by Chris Edwards

Republicans and Democrats have come together on a “historic” budget deal that cuts federal spending by more than $2 trillion over 10 years. The Washington Post’s lead story calls the cuts “sharp” and “severe.”

However, the budget deal doesn’t cut federal spending at all.

Budget Deal Doesn’t Cut Spending | Cato @ Liberty

This is essantially exactly what the OMB was saying about a week ago.

Neither the D's plan OR the R's plan will really do what they are claiming it will do.

All I can say is....

Well, DUUUUUUH!

"Old folks will continue to gorge themselves on inflated benefits paid for by young families and future generations. " LOL!

The average SS check is $450. a month!! Boy they are really living it up. LOL!!:lol:

That is not fair.

The government owes the people a living.

They should be receiving the same amount Bill Gates receives.

Parasites of the world , unite.

The more and more I hear about this "deal", the less and less I like it.

It doesn't cut anything for a few years to start. It also gives this commision the ablity to "raise revenue"?

The Tax increases are coming folks.

Increasing our debt by 7 trillion instead of 10 trillion IS a spending cut. If we want to cut t further then we need a repub in the WH and repubs running both chambers of Congress. This deal is not a good one, don't get me wrong. But if we don't pass it or something similar then we're looking at a certain downgrade and a probable double dip recession. That's too much pain for a lot of people just cuz some people didn't get as much spending cuts or a BBA or whatever else they wanted. This bill is a big win for the GOP; STFU and pass it.

I agree. And what's $2 Trillion over ten years anyway? We now have a shocking $16 Trillion Debt. But these cuts wont even happen so it doesn't matter. How many more Wars will they start or how many more spending sprees like Stimulus & Bailouts will there be in this ten years? These $2 Trillion in cuts will never happen. It really is all smoke & mirrors in the end. The only positive i've seen with this Deal is that there will be a required Balanced-Budget Amendment Vote. Otherwise,we're still screwed. Nothing has changed.

Forum List

Back