Cato : "New" Budget Deal - Pure BS -

The future is screwed...but who cares?! Let's take out yet ANOTHER credit card and max it out.

Oust the establishment in 2012!!!

Budget Deal Doesn’t Cut Spending

Posted by Chris Edwards

Republicans and Democrats have come together on a “historic” budget deal that cuts federal spending by more than $2 trillion over 10 years. The Washington Post’s lead story calls the cuts “sharp” and “severe.”

However, the budget deal doesn’t cut federal spending at all.

Budget Deal Doesn’t Cut Spending | Cato @ Liberty

well, I already said that, it goes from 14.5 trillion to over 17 trillion..

I Got Two Words For This: "Buy Gold" The debt will destroy the US dollar.

I got more words...invest in a hydroponic system if you live in an urban dwelling, if you have some ground - read and read some more about growing vegetables.
I'm serious.
Yesterday I bought one bunch of carrots and one bunch of celery - $6.15....and rising.
Also - invest in a freezer. Buy meat in bulk - it is about 30%-40% cheaper than the factory "meat" - and you are supporting your community.
Learn how to make bread, a loaf of decent bread will cost you about $4.00 - you can VERY easily make your own bread for less than a buck.

I got more words...invest in a hydroponic system if you live in an urban dwelling, if you have some ground - read and read some more about growing vegetables.
I'm serious.
Yesterday I bought one bunch of carrots and one bunch of celery - $6.15....and rising.
Also - invest in a freezer. Buy meat in bulk - it is about 30%-40% cheaper than the factory "meat" - and you are supporting your community.
Learn how to make bread, a loaf of decent bread will cost you about $4.00 - you can VERY easily make your own bread for less than a buck.

Excellent points.

Dont forget water purification, it comes in many vehicles.

we will still be adding 7 Trillion to the debt in the next 10 years as the house, senate and exec. stands now.

we have shaved some of the baseline spending ( cutting yearly increases, NOT cutting from yearly funding), better than zip.

caveats or advantages to any real restraint?

If obama goes and the senate turns blue with 59 then entitlements are on the table and things may get done, that is a serious whack at avoiding having to avoid getting splashed by Molotov's in say 2022... or sooner ...

if we still have a split, zip nada, stock up on bottles and rags.

Last edited:

I'm serious.

You won't have to buy or store all that stuff if you keep saving gold. All of the survival stuff has a shelf life. Gold does not. It can't be taxed or taken from you if they cant find it.

Survival Gear & Food Storage will not pay you dividends. It will only get old. Gold will pay you dividends. Every time the dollar drops 1% gold goes up more than 5%.

The Debt Deal: Failures of Leadership and Resolve

by Jagadeesh Gokhale

The President and leaders in Congress have basically thrown in the towel.

Democrats are unwilling to endure the political risks of agreeing to sorely needed spending cuts. House Republicans are holding out against revenue increases. The final deal announced Sunday includes just $1 trillion in cuts to discretionary spending, with an increase in the debt limit sufficient to carry through next year. Thus, this deal achieves far too little by way of spending cuts, keeps open the possibility of new taxes, and hikes the debt ceiling substantially — all of which constitutes a clear and predictable kicking of the can past the November, 2012 elections."

There's a lot of complaining on the left, but this is one of those times where the wingnuts are right: Obama won this fight.

There's a lot of complaining on the left, but this is one of those times where the wingnuts are right: Obama won this fight.

and how gracious is the left? Links at site:

Let Us Look Back at the Calm, Rational Rhetoric of the Debt Ceiling Circus

Let Us Look Back at the Calm, Rational Rhetoric of the Debt Ceiling Circus

Now that the debt ceiling circus is all over but the voting and back-slapping, why not look back at some of the well-considered and not-at-a–batspit-crazy statements made by certain influential members of the left over the past few days. We can start very near the top, with this nugget of reason from Vice President Joe Biden.

Vice President Joe Biden joined House Democrats in lashing tea party Republicans Monday, accusing them of having “acted like terrorists” in the fight over raising the nation’s debt limit.

Biden was agreeing with a line of argument made by Rep. Mike Doyle (D-Pa.) at a two-hour, closed-door Democratic Caucus meeting.

“We have negotiated with terrorists,” an angry Doyle said, according to sources in the room. “This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money.”

Biden, driven by his Democratic allies’ misgivings about the debt-limit deal, responded: “They have acted like terrorists,” according to several sources in the room.

Hmm. That wasn’t quite what I expected from a leader of the Democrats who, you’ll recall, lectured Tea Party members for their “violent rhetoric” not all that long ago. Perhaps White House adviser and CNN contributor Fareed Zakaria exercised a bit more calm.

…the Tea Party is trying to pass a particular agenda, which is basically this all-cuts budget. It cannot get it through the Congress of the United States. It cannot get it through the political democratic process that we have, which is that Congress passes something and the president must sign it. That’s the normal workings of democracy.

So, instead of accepting some compromise that can get through the democratic process, what they’re saying is we’ll blow up the country if you don’t listen to us. We’ll hold hostage the credit of the United States, the good standing of the United States and we’ll blow it up.

“Blow up” America? Hold it “hostage”? Well, that’s pretty much the Biden line. Gee, I’m beginning to detect a carefully-scripted talking point.
Hopefully the hypocrisy ended there. I’d hate to see it spread into, say, Congress.

Rep. Emanuel Clever (D-Mo.) called the newly agreed-upon bipartisan compromise deal to raise the debt limit “a sugar-coated satan sandwich.”

“This deal is a sugar-coated satan sandwich. If you lift the bun, you will not like what you see,” Clever tweeted Monday.

Good news: no more terrorist analogies. Bad news: Satan? Really? The Prince of Lies himself? I don’t see how the rhetoric could get any more ridiculous!

In an interview with ABC News’ Diane Sawyer, [Former Speaker of the House Nancy] Pelosi said she will “absolutely” vote yes on the compromise package, even though she agreed with one colleague who called it a “Satan sandwich.”

“It probably is – with some Satan fries on the side,” Pelosi said.

Oof! A Satan sandwich with Satan fries? Did she forget the Satan Diet Coke and the little packets of Satan ketchup that would have completely the Infernal Unhappy Meal?

The more and more I hear about this "deal", the less and less I like it.

It doesn't cut anything for a few years to start. It also gives this commision the ablity to "raise revenue"?

The Tax increases are coming folks.
The already had a deficit/debt commission.

Shit...At least Groundhog Day was funny.

They keep appointing these commissions in hopes that one of them will eventually tell them what they want to hear.

450x364-alg_paul_bachmann.jpg

Tea Party members Michele Bachmann, Rand Paul blast budget deal

Rand Paul always cracks me up with the permanent wave to "hide" his baldness.

Budget Deal Doesn’t Cut Spending

Posted by Chris Edwards

Republicans and Democrats have come together on a “historic” budget deal that cuts federal spending by more than $2 trillion over 10 years. The Washington Post’s lead story calls the cuts “sharp” and “severe.”

However, the budget deal doesn’t cut federal spending at all.

Budget Deal Doesn’t Cut Spending | Cato @ Liberty

This is the typical politician BULLSHIT STUNT and those from BOTH parties are playing us for FOOLS. I don't know about anyone else -but I know what CUTS mean. If I am spending $1500 a month but have to borrow $1000 a month in order to do that and I was planning on doubling how much I spend starting next month to $3000 -meaning I would have to borrow $2500 now -then who am I really fooling if I increase my level of spending so I "only" have to borrow $2000 instead? Did I really "cut" my budget and start spending within my means? Did I get control of my out of control spending and borrowing? But that is exactly what politicians are PRETENDING they did with this kind of bullshit sleight of hand! THAT is what this budget deal is -it has only reduced the rate of increase in spending money no one already didn't have and never will but we will still be borrowing even MORE money now. Just because its less than they WOULD have borrowed changes nothing -it is still an INCREASE in both spending and borrowing - NOT cuts! THIS is the kind of stupid idiots they really think we are! And THIS is why the debt ceiling shouldn't have been raised -this was PREDICTABLE and its what our fucking politicians always do anymore. We are still on the path to financial collapse thanks to these lying assholes.

This deal is nothing but supposedly slowing the rate of growth in spending -and I say "supposedly" because anytime they claim to slow the rate of growth in spending, it turns out it never really does. It always ends up being "Oops the CBO didn't take into account this or that" or "we forgot about this and that and we never figured on X and Y" and "we assumed no factors that influence the level of spending would ever change again for at least 50 years" -my personal favorite. By the way -has no Congressperson really noticed that any estimates on government spending by the CBO are consistently UNDERESTIMATED? Never once does the CBO think government will spend more than it actually does -it ALWAYS says government will spend less than it ends up doing just like it always says the cost of some program or bill is always significantly less than it turns out to be. The CBO is a completely USELESS body and is ALWAYS wrong, consistently underestimating both costs and spending EVERY TIME - because Congress FORCES it to with rules that forbid the CBO from taking into account any other factors but what Congress specifically gives it. It USED to be an independent body that took into account all relevant factors in its estimates -not anymore. Congress changed the rules for it forcing it to ignore ANY other factors except those given to it by Congress. Even when the CBO KNOWS including those other factors is critical for a more accurate estimate-they are not allowed to do so. It is all GAME PLAYING by Congress who are all pretending they actually give a shit but are just going through the motions while playing us all for fools. And we really are fools too. On top of that -all this bullshit about scheduled "cuts" ten years down the road? Oops SORRY but no Congress has the power to force a future Congress to abide by ANY deal this one made about cuts that are supposed to happen in some future budget being drawn up by some future Congress! Its all bullshit and game playing! Every Congress has the constitutional authority to make its OWN budget but NO power to force a future one to abide by a budget some past Congress felt like imposing on it! No Congress has the power to restrict the constitutional authority of a future Congress -every Congress has the authority to draw up its OWN budget! This is merely a WISH LIST. Nothing REAL. At the end of the day what we got from both parties was a budget of INCREASED spending which means our government will be borrowing even MORE money than ever -which was already at UNHEARD OF historic levels!

Anyone pay attention to how much government spent in March of this year? According to the Treasury Dept., government took in $128.179 billion. Problem is government spent EIGHT TIMES THAT AMOUNT in ONE month -it spent $1.18 TRILLION dollars in just ONE month! THAT is the kind of unsustainable INSANITY going on in our government and our elected officials lack the intestinal fortitude to STOP IT! They are ADDICTED to out of control spending now which is why we are being lied to that they made cuts when in fact they INCREASED spending. Again.

I am so sick of these condescending arrogant assholes in Congress and personally I think every one of them should lose their job and every new bunch gets tossed until those who run for office understand what will happen if they continue with the game playing like this and quit playing us for fools. But they NEVER will stop doing it because we fools keep returning them to office! For all of us regardless of personal political views -you don't like what these people are doing or being played for a fool over and over again -then stop giving them the job!

Career politicians have done more harm to this country than ANY interest group.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back