Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control

So many conservatives pine for the apocalypse. Why is that?

You can interpret it any way you want Dearie, but you are wrong here. Still, in spite of our efforts, the Left seems to be accelerating the process. You compound the insanity, Dear.

these are not big issues with the Catholics who post here:

1. For instance, Pope John Paul II was against anyone going to war against Iraq I think you’ll find that Rick Santorum managed to ignore that Catholic teaching.

2.The Conference of Catholic Bishops requires that health care be provided to all Americans. Rick Santorum’s opposition to universal health care is a betrayal of the Catholic faith.

3. The Catholic Church opposes the death penalty for criminals in almost all situations.

4. The US Conference of Bishops has urged that the federal minimum wage be increased, for the working poor.

5. The bishops want welfare for all needy families, saying “We reiterate our call for a minimum national welfare benefit that will permit children and their parents to live in dignity. A decent society will not balance its budget on the backs of poor children.”

6. The US bishops say that “the basic rights of workers must be respected–the right to productive work, to decent and fair wages, to the organization and joining of unions…”.

For the stupid.... again.... these are not doctrinal issues. There is no commandment from the Pope that Catholics agree with the Church on every position it takes. Learn the fucking difference between our Doctrine and the opinions of the Pope and our Bishops, Cardinals, etc.

Twit.

I don't need to learn about your church. I'm Greek Orthodox. We left your cult long ago.

Mormon's think Catholics are in a cult too by the way. Fact. You don't have the authority from God. That died with Jesus' apostles around 200 A.D. They never passed on the batton to anyone. So it died with them. So they think you don't have the authority from God. It was never passed down. At least not to the Popes of the Catholic church. No one is buying that. Evil runs the Catholic Church. With that I agree with mormons.

But Mormons do have the authority from God. They got it when God visited Joseph Smith in Utah in the 1400's. Catholics only understand the story of God in Europe. They don't understand he also visited North America.

What you are saying is you Catholics can pick and choose what you believe or follow when it comes to your religion.

Translation: I Love Bashing and Trashing the Roman Catholic Church. Analysis: Butt Head.

So you think the money to cover contraceptives just manifests out of thin air, or the Tooth Faery creates it? How about you start buying your own condoms. Talk about a cheap date.

:confused:

Do you have tourettes or something? There's a stream of unintelilgible babble coming out of your mouth.

What are you mumbling about now Poster Boy? What are you sucking on? I can't make any sense out of what you are saying? You think Birth Control should be free, right? You think your Insurance Company should provide it to you at no cost, as if it doesn't cost it anything to provide it to you? Pretty ridiculous when you take the time to consider how stupid and selfish that is. Pretty lame, huh. You are one cheap Fuck.

When you Catholics read this, I don't want you to just think "boy is the Mormon faith a joke" I want you to realize your story is just as much a fairy tale as theirs. And Mormon's don't deny Christ came 2000 years ago. They just claim his authority never got passed on. So you are all following a false religion. No offense.

Remember that when voting for Romney.
Smith's revelations were in the 1800's.

1. Don't have sex with your girlfriend.

Yes, this is always the wing nut line. You all really hate when people have sex. You guys really need to do something about this unhealthy hangup you all have with sex.

2. Make sure you buy birth control.

Isn't that what I said? :eusa_hand:

Hers does.

The government certainly IS forcing someone to buy birth control.

No, it's not. Repeating this lie does not make it true. The law requires accessibility. Nobody is being forced to buy it.

Pretty much what this entire thread is about. Where you been?

I've been in this thread talking about the actual subject. You apparently are too busy making things up.

I am fucking amazed that you even know how to have sex. Knock yourself out, try not to poke your eye out. News Flash, when you force the Church to pay for your birth control coverage, you are forcing the church to pay for birth control. When you dump the cost on the insurance company, and the premium gets raised as a result, you are forcing the church to pay for your birth control coverage. I know you are a really really stupid Fuck, so I hope this breakdown is instructive to you.

You think Birth Control should be free, right? You think your Insurance Company should provide it to you at no cost, as if it doesn't cost it anything to provide it to you?

I did not said that, stop arguing straw men!

News Flash, when you force the Church to pay for your birth control coverage, you are forcing the church to pay for birth control.

Nobody is going to force the church to pay for birth control. Stop making that false claim. The employees will pay for it.

When you dump the cost on the insurance company, and the premium gets raised as a result, you are forcing the church to pay for your birth control coverage.

The difference in costs will be covered by the employee. That's how employer heath insurance works. The contribution from the employer is negotiated between the companies and is contractually established. Any difference, to include increases in costs, is covered by the employee.

I know you are a really really stupid Fuck, so I hope this breakdown is instructive to you.

1. Don't have sex with your girlfriend.

Yes, this is always the wing nut line. You all really hate when people have sex. You guys really need to do something about this unhealthy hangup you all have with sex.

2. Make sure you buy birth control.

Isn't that what I said? :eusa_hand:

Hers does.

The government certainly IS forcing someone to buy birth control.

No, it's not. Repeating this lie does not make it true. The law requires accessibility. Nobody is being forced to buy it.

Pretty much what this entire thread is about. Where you been?

I've been in this thread talking about the actual subject. You apparently are too busy making things up.

Great you made a choice, that is all I asked. Accessibility means birth control is available. It is, so why is Obama making an issue of it? Be honest, Obama wants it free, that means someone pays for it. Play all the denial games you want. The subject is religious freedom.

Of the 10 witnesses Issa allowed to testify, none are in favor of Obama's plan.

Read more: Birth control witness panel photo
Wow! I think I would been fine with a male who was actually on the other side of the issue.

I've stayed out of this thread for a while, because the constant back and forth was boring. However, and this might shock my fellow USMBers.....

I'm gonna agree with Luissa on this. While I do not support the mandate, I find it absolutely ridiculous that they didn't have anyone testifying on behalf of the plan. Male or female, I don't really give a shit about.... but I do find it ludicrous that they didn't have one individual in support of the plan.

That's because the plan is not subject to debate. There is no issue as to whether or not there should be access to birth control. Liberals want to MAKE it about birth control because that way they can control the debate and the outcome. It is about whether or not forcing a person to pay for birth control and abortion when they have a religious belief against it violates the first amendment. Since it's a first amendment issue, ONLY those who are affected are part of the discussion.

No one is fooled by obama's gimmick of having insurance companies pay. The insurance companies will just get the money from the policy holders. It's an accounting gimmick, nothing more.

Great you made a choice, that is all I asked. Accessibility means birth control is available. It is, so why is Obama making an issue of it?

Obama made an issue out of health care, to make affordable basic health care accessible to all Americans. It's the Catholic church who made an issue out of birth control, because they have this silly notion that freedom of religion somehow exempts them from laws dealing with health care and employment relations.

Be honest, Obama wants it free, that means someone pays for it. Play all the denial games you want. The subject is religious freedom.

That's absolutely absurd. If you're against the health care law, fine, be against it. But don't cite stupid notions and make it out to be some kind of grand conspiracy by Obama to force the church to pay for birth control. That's not what he's doing, that's not what is going to happen.

Pope's envoy to run discredited Catholic order

Pope Benedict XVI will appoint a special envoy to run a Mexican Catholic order whose founder abused minor-age seminarians and fathered three children with two women, the Vatican said Saturday.

A Vatican statement said the pope will also appoint a commission to review the constitution of the Legion of Christ.

Critics had called for the order to be dissolved and its top leaders forced out, saying that the scandal has done irreparable damage to the religious sect.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-05-02/...rev-marcial-maciel-legion-vatican?_s=PM:WORLD
The Catholic Church should have considered providing contraception to the leader of its own Mexican order - the Legion of Christ!

Last edited:
You think Birth Control should be free, right? You think your Insurance Company should provide it to you at no cost, as if it doesn't cost it anything to provide it to you?

I did not said that, stop arguing straw men!

Yes you are. That is exactly what you are supporting in the Legislation, Retard. Are you blind too. Size 7 font really works well for you sparky. ;) You have control issues, don't you. You Napoleon you. ;) Little man, you need to suck it up. You know that you do not own this site, right? You know that your claims and decrees are nothing more than your opinion, and they carry no weight, right? I'm sorry that you have such problems finding Custom sized condoms for your little friend and that it is expensive for you. Here, let me help with an alternative solution. ;)
51DOBYxfH1L.jpg

Last edited:
News Flash, when you force the Church to pay for your birth control coverage, you are forcing the church to pay for birth control.

Nobody is going to force the church to pay for birth control. Stop making that false claim. The employees will pay for it.

When you dump the cost on the insurance company, and the premium gets raised as a result, you are forcing the church to pay for your birth control coverage.

The difference in costs will be covered by the employee. That's how employer heath insurance works. The contribution from the employer is negotiated between the companies and is contractually established. Any difference, to include increases in costs, is covered by the employee.

I know you are a really really stupid Fuck, so I hope this breakdown is instructive to you.

You are misinformed at best, a propaganda tool at worst. Why do you think the Churches are protesting in the first place? You are a hack. The Employees will pay for it? Show me in the Legislation where the Employees pay for it? Obama plainly states that the Insurance Companies should cover the added expense in his compromise, which translates to them adding it in for free, and raising the premium, unless, people like you are right, and the Tooth Faerie will magically absorb the cost. ;) Which brings us back to you being a disingenuous prick, with your decrees and control freak failed censorship.

Great you made a choice, that is all I asked. Accessibility means birth control is available. It is, so why is Obama making an issue of it?

Obama made an issue out of health care, to make affordable basic health care accessible to all Americans. It's the Catholic church who made an issue out of birth control, because they have this silly notion that freedom of religion somehow exempts them from laws dealing with health care and employment relations.

Be honest, Obama wants it free, that means someone pays for it. Play all the denial games you want. The subject is religious freedom.

That's absolutely absurd. If you're against the health care law, fine, be against it. But don't cite stupid notions and make it out to be some kind of grand conspiracy by Obama to force the church to pay for birth control. That's not what he's doing, that's not what is going to happen.

Yeah ... Everybody here must do what Simon Says here. When Simon Says finishes jerking off, Simon Says wants us all to jerk off.

Translation: Just Say No.

Funny One, Inthepuddle, Obama really gives a shit about us. Yeah Right.

Yes you are.

Yes I are what? Are you an English speaker? Or are you just practicing for 3rd period?

That is exactly what you are supporting in the Legislation, Retard.

Actually, retard, I've already told you that I oppose the health care law. I've never supported it. You need to get that through you thick skull.

I'm sorry that you have such problems finding Custom sized condoms for your little friend and that it is expensive for you. Here, let me help with an alternative solution. ;)
51DOBYxfH1L.jpg

I couldn't use those. They are much too big.

Yes you are.

Yes I are what? Are you an English speaker? Or are you just practicing for 3rd period?

That is exactly what you are supporting in the Legislation, Retard.

Actually, retard, I've already told you that I oppose the health care law. I've never supported it. You need to get that through you thick skull.

I'm sorry that you have such problems finding Custom sized condoms for your little friend and that it is expensive for you. Here, let me help with an alternative solution. ;)
51DOBYxfH1L.jpg

I couldn't use those. They are much too big.

Wow! What did it take you to jerk off this time? 13 seconds? ;)

I Speak a de engwish real good. :D

If you are opposed to the legislation, why? You acknowledge that this Legislation changes the game, that's why the Churches are fighting it.

Why do you think the Churches are protesting in the first place?

Because they are constantly advocating against the use of birth control, period. The church also protests executions. It has nothing to do with whether they have to pay for the executions or not.

The Employees will pay for it? Show me in the Legislation where the Employees pay for it?

Maybe one day, when you grow up and become and adult, and have a job for the very first time, you'll learn how the world works. When someone has insurance at work, the employee has to pay for it. It's not just given to you. You have to pay a premium. Maybe, one day, when you get older, and if you work really hard, you'll be able to move up in the world and learn new things about how businesses are run, and you'll understand how ludicrous your position is. In the meantime, show me in the legislation where it says that the church will pay for it.

Obama plainly states that the Insurance Companies should cover the added expense in his compromise, which translates to them adding it in for free, and raising the premium

The health care law requires employers to allow health coverage that will include birth control. The church threw a fit, so Obama suggested a compromise. I'm not in favor of the compromise itself. I see no reason to even bother with a compromise. I say let the church comply with the law as it already is written. I give Obama credit for trying to be accommodating, because he's just trying to be respectful. But I'd prefer he show a little more strength and stand his ground. The way it's all played out continues to show that the church isn't really concerned with freedom of religion. It's concerned with doing as much as it can to try to force people to comply with the lifestyle it is demanding, regardless of whether those people want to or not.

But you continue to present false information. The premiums would go up under the compromise. But it won't be the church that pays those higher costs. It will be the employees who pay for it. Which is why I'm against it, because not only is it an unnecessary appeasement in the first place, but now individuals will be left with higher costs for someone else's expenses.

If you are opposed to the legislation, why? You acknowledge that this Legislation changes the game, that's why the Churches are fighting it.

Why am I opposed to the health care bill? Because it's not the government's proper role to demand that I buy health insurance, when it cannot decide whether or not I'm even able to readily afford it.

Forum List

Back