Catching a goose

Ice29

Mar 11, 2016
I went outside, hid in the bushes, waited until the goose was only about 6 feet from the bushes that I was in..
and I came out like a football player.
Grabbed the goose by the neck, strangled it.
And I brought it into my apartment, plucked its feathers, took a razor, and gutted it and deboned it, then I cut the neck and legs off.

Threw the junk out in the trash.

I rinsed the goose off with fruit and vegetable wash, and alcohol and let it sit in a bucket of anti parasite treatment for fish for about 2 hours, and rubbed it down with antibiotic liquid... and then boiled it for about 30 minutes.

Then I Rinsed it off, dipped it in a gallon of alcohol and let it sit there for about an hour... then rinsed it off real good, and dried it up and everything.

And then I put the meat in the oven.
:p

I did all that to it, for safety measures, just to make sure.

Last edited:
How was it? Was it good?

It was different but it was good.
I can tell you though, I don't think I'll be doing it again.
I would really have to think about it, because I have some mixed feelings about it.
But it is about the same thing when I eat meat period... just the experience is a lot different.

And I don't have any intention on changing my diet because I need meat anyway.

The experience of actually catching it and killing it, isn't the same though as going to the grocery store or even going fishing.

How was it? Was it good?

It was different but it was good.
I can tell you though, I don't think I'll be doing it again.
I would really have to think about it, because I have some mixed feelings about it.
But it is about the same thing when I eat meat period... just the experience is a lot different.

And I don't have any intention on changing my diet because I need meat anyway.

The experience of actually catching it and killing it, isn't the same though as going to the grocery store or even going fishing.
Maybe you did not season it right, or cook it right. Thing is, if you cook it too long or at the wrong temp you will dry out the meat and it detract from the dining experience. Goose can be very tasty if prepared correctly. They are also big birds. I assume that you have leftovers? Try steaming the leftovers. That will infuse the meat with moisture.

Forum List

Back