A question for my fellow senior citizens.

Grumpyolman

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2018
San Diego
Are you sometimes disgusted and frankly pissed off about the incompetence in corporate and government interactions? It seems like a lack of common sense has pervaded American life. I don't know if its a result of failed education or just the progression of time.
So many younger people have regressed into a level of idiocy. My God, whats happened to America?
It seems like stupidity and pass the buck are just normal behavior. In government and private concerns.
We don't care. Nothing is bad. The Iranians wont attack, the Chinese won't make a move...My God, history, People.
Keep living the life of IDGAF.
The adversaries will keep on trying.

Are you sometimes disgusted and frankly pissed off about the incompetence in corporate and government interactions? It seems like a lack of common sense has pervaded American life. I don't know if its a result of failed education or just the progression of time.
So many younger people have regressed into a level of idiocy. My God, whats happened to America?
It seems like stupidity and pass the buck are just normal behavior. In government and private concerns.
We don't care. Nothing is bad. The Iranians wont attack, the Chinese won't make a move...My God, history, People.
i think the internet is a good deal of the cause of a lot of this shat

When I was young the older people complained about the young. Same old, same old.

I have no intention of being one of those people.
Claims such as when you are young, the right party for you are the Democrats. When you get wise and learn the truth, support the Republicans. This is no myth. It has helped me a huge amount.

Claims such as when you are young, the right party for you are the Democrats. When you get wise and learn the truth, support the Republicans. This is no myth. It has helped me a huge amount.

No idea how this addresses what I said.

No idea how this addresses what I said.
Well, perhaps you puzzled many posters in what you claimed.
If you told me why you are confused, it would help me. As it is, you force me to guess.

What we know and heard for our life is that when you are young, you still do not know very much. You often talk like you know, but the truth is you do not know. And not knowing you vote for democrats.

When you at last learn how it works, and realize one is ignorant for the most part about politicians, you decide to do things right and vote for Republicans.

Some are so confused they have decided the two parties are simply the same. But if so, why is Biden president? Why when he lies, is he able to get away with it. Why when he hoards official documents, do Democrats claim it is fine. But when trump did the same thing, he is prosecuted?

Yes if you plan to commit crimes, and this is common all over America, be a Democrat.

Well, perhaps you puzzled many posters in what you claimed.
If you told me why you are confused, it would help me. As it is, you force me to guess.

What we know and heard for our life is that when you are young, you still do not know very much. You often talk like you know, but the truth is you do not know. And not knowing you vote for democrats.

Knowing, I largely do not vote for either party.

When you at last learn how it works, and realize one is ignorant for the most part about politicians, you decide to do things right and vote for Republicans.

Some are so confused they have decided the two parties are simply the same. But if so, why is Biden president? Why when he lies, is he able to get away with it. Why when he hoards official documents, do Democrats claim it is fine. But when trump did the same thing, he is prosecuted?

Trump wasn't able to follow through, the Democrats are. Pretty simple.

Yes if you plan to commit crimes, and this is common all over America, be a Democrat.

Fraud is a crime. Do you understand that?

Knowing, I largely do not vote for either party.

Trump wasn't able to follow through, the Democrats are. Pretty simple.

Fraud is a crime. Do you understand that?
Fraud is common among Democrats. Do you understand that?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't think it's a case of dumbing down, although there's enough of that going around, and it's not just young people. I think it's a lack of empathy and a very evident absence of personal satisfaction in doing a job well. People just seem to do enough to not be fired and no more. People in general seem to have not ever had to solve their own problems, and have no interest in solving yours, and it's more sad than frustrating to me. There is absolutely no sense of community anywhere.

I don't think it's a case of dumbing down, although there's enough of that going around, and it's not just young people. I think it's a lack of empathy and a very evident absence of personal satisfaction in doing a job well. People just seem to do enough to not be fired and no more. People in general seem to have not ever had to solve their own problems, and have no interest in solving yours, and it's more sad than frustrating to me. There is absolutely no sense of community anywhere.
When we were young, our Mouths were first to act followed many years later by our brains. When we finally realized supporting democrats was a major problem, we voted for Republicans.

Blah, your fault, my fault, nobody's fault.....The bottom is out of the American bucket.

Damn near everyone has the info of the ages at their fingertips but most are still dumber than a bucket of lard from a practical standpoint.

Deserves has everything to do with what's coming.

ist.jpg

The problem is probably information overload. The news is mostly news bites and doesn't delve into the whole story so few know the whole story or even care because there's another story coming down the pike. People have their noses in their smart phone so much that it becomes their reality. They know a little about a lot. Nothing really matters.

The problem is probably information overload. The news is mostly news bites and doesn't delve into the whole story so few know the whole story or even care because there's another story coming down the pike. People have their noses in their smart phone so much that it becomes their reality. They know a little about a lot. Nothing really matters.
I am thinking back to the 1940s/50s when I was a kid. Back then I was a loyal Democrat due mostly to my mom being one and my family also were all Democrats. I was not very interested in politics. I tended to hear things from Democrats and accept them as truth.
I was in a Dr. Office one day and saw a digest of a book. It was by William E. Simon who was in Government. What he said inspired me to dig deep and study. It took around 2 years and i quit the Democrats and never looked back.

1707425982450.jpeg

Here's a statement from the ancient Greek Philosopher (428 BC to 348 BC).
"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders and disobey their parents? They ignore the law. They riot in the streets with inflamed notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"
Socrates, ancient Greek Philosopher (470 BC to 399 BC).
"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not servants of their households. They contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers."
The eras change, but young people's behavior doesn't. Just because those around you when you were young, were behaving well for the most part, didn't mean that in other areas, young people were doing the same. It's actually normal for young people to rebel a bit as they get older and strive for more independence.
That's not to say that we don't have problems in our governmental system. The Department of Education is one of those problems. There are and have been some great teachers, however, they've been replaced over time, with selected pro-Marxist influencers that seek to tear apart our government and its Constitution. When 673 professors signed a letter, complaining that including a class on the Constitution, was "indoctrination," which would actually have simply been a history class on the document, its Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers, that showed who these 673 professors are anti-US, Marxists that need to be weeded out.

Here's a statement from the ancient Greek Philosopher (428 BC to 348 BC).
"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders and disobey their parents? They ignore the law. They riot in the streets with inflamed notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"
Socrates, ancient Greek Philosopher (470 BC to 399 BC).
"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not servants of their households. They contradict their parents and tyrannize their teachers."
The eras change, but young people's behavior doesn't. Just because those around you when you were young, were behaving well for the most part, didn't mean that in other areas, young people were doing the same. It's actually normal for young people to rebel a bit as they get older and strive for more independence.
That's not to say that we don't have problems in our governmental system. The Department of Education is one of those problems. There are and have been some great teachers, however, they've been replaced over time, with selected pro-Marxist influencers that seek to tear apart our government and its Constitution. When 673 professors signed a letter, complaining that including a class on the Constitution, was "indoctrination," which would actually have simply been a history class on the document, its Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers, that showed who these 673 professors are anti-US, Marxists that need to be weeded out.
The Youth are who favors Democrats. But when the old do not grow up, they keep voting for Democrats. Your example is true and well worth studying.

I think it is a combination of entitlement and complacency. That's a very sad and dangerous combination and does not bode well for future America.

Forum List

Back