Cassius Clay An Icon?

"I've never called him "Ali" and never will. He says that Clay was his "slave name" which must have made his parents bust with pride."

lol

Was wondering when one of our resident rightwing racists and ignorant nitwits would get around to starting such a moronic thread.

"I've never called him "Ali" and never will. He says that Clay was his "slave name" which must have made his parents bust with pride."

lol

Was wondering when one of our resident rightwing racists and ignorant nitwits would get around to starting such a moronic thread.
They've been on a tear about it since before his body even went cold. They're a sick bunch.

Last edited:
Reminds me of sitting in a neighborhood bar (white) on the South Side of Chicago and watching a fight with Joe Louis and another black fighter. Suddenly one of the white patrons shouted out: Come on Joe beat that n-----. At the time I thought has America passed some kind of marker?

you sound like a guy who hated Ali....Ali beat Frazier twice,the 3rd time Frazier took a beating....and he beat Norton twice....and formans water bottle was drugged?.....Ali outsmarted the guy and made him look bad,i dont blame George for saying that.... and like i said,if Ali wasnt 38 when he fought the much younger holmes there probably would have been a different outcome.....but thats the fight game....

Gee, you picked up on the fact I had no respect for the draft-dodging coward? how perceptive! He lost both fights to Kenny Norton....any writer at those fights would tell you that. And who gives a shit how old he was for Holmes...he'd made himself believe he needed the money to take a beating and got one. Your hero was a liar...to you and himself.
he is my hero just because i think he won those fights?....ok tom if you say so....lol.....like you can be objective right?....

lol

They've been on a tear about since before his body even went cold. They're a sick bunch.
Their heads are gonna explode when they learn about Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf aka Chris Jackson.

lol

A closet racist always posts crap like this when the fact is the left is so terrified of blacks, they cater to them at any cost...this putz doesn't know boxing from bell-bottoms but is always good for poking his zit-scarred beak into any subject around. :eusa_snooty:

he is my hero just because i think he won those fights?....ok tom if you say so....lol.....like you can be objective right?....

You're the one chiming in on my opinion of Clay...what did you expect...to change my mind on a clown I watched for years?

-1.gif

Cassius Clay was in my opinion a good person, but when he refused to serve his country and become a muslime he also became a coward and traitor, i just hope in the after life he is not among the many great Americans who passed on before him.

my salute to him :fu::ahole-1:

You seem to be incapable of assigning responsibility. Or perhaps like to play loosely with it.

When Ali conscientiously objects to a war, somehow you want to assign "sending somebody else in his place" to the CO (Ali) -- instead of the government actually responsible for it.
-- When that same government grinds up its blood and treasure and tosses them on the scrap heap to be neglected after their sacrifice, you want to blame "leftists".

Seems you want to blame everybody except the entity that actually took those actions --- the government.

What are you, some kind of Statist?

Playing possum are we? Of course somebody else went in his place...that's how numbers work or did for your hero LBJ who made his buddy a fortune years in advance of his buildup for dredging Cam Ranh Bay so US ships could port there. Draftees don't get to choose what war they're willing to sign up for...not how it works...even an old draft-dodging hippie like you knows that or should. Clay was hardly a CO considering he was willing to beat a man half to death inside the turnbuckles. Your rant about our government and war is typical leftist trash...why do you continue to live in a country you revile....can't afford passage to Cuba?

So you have no idea what "CO" means either. What a moron.

"He has a strange occupation --- beating people up --- but it's one you're entitled to.
Government didn't see it that way. Government wanted him to change jobs ----- government wanted him to kill people.
He said 'Noooo, that's where I draw the line. I'll beat 'em up but I don't wanna kill 'em'".
--- George Carlin

"He has a strange occupation --- beating people up --- but it's one you're entitled to.
Government didn't see it that way. Government wanted him to change jobs ----- government wanted him to kill people.
He said 'Noooo, that's where I draw the line. I'll beat 'em up but I don't wanna kill 'em'".
--- George Carlin

A sniveling weasel like you doesn't know that many CO's became medics or corpsmen...not draft-dodging cowards like you and Clay.

You're the one chiming in on my opinion of Clay...what did you expect...to change my mind on a clown I watched for years?
You're the one chiming in on my opinion of Clay.
its called conversation....and you are the one who went from the boxer to his personal life and judging him with those....you cant be objective about his boxing abilities when you cant stand the guy....Ty Cobb suffered the same type of shit.........

--- George Carlin

A sniveling weasel like you doesn't know that many CO's became medics or corpsmen...not draft-dodging cowards like you and Clay.

I don't know any "Clay" but a sniveling loser like you doesn't know being a CO has nothing in the world to do with boxing. But then I already said that, and you're too much of a moron to read it so you're wasting my time.

/thread

Shame of Ali for telling the government "No" when told to invade another country and kill yellow men, for no particular reason. If he had gone, maybe it would have changed history. Maybe we could have started selling them weapons of war decades ago, instead of last month. He was a traitor to the military-industrial complex.

Last edited:
Well, I have to admit that the Vietnamese Navy and Airforce never got past the barrier islands of North Carolina, so thank god for our armed forces....

Took you what, a half hour to come up with that crap?

Since it has taken you 45 years so far to explain why we were "fighting for our country" when nobody was threatening us, I guess that I don't feel so bad about my half hour.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Horse shit. What he did took a tremendous amount of courage, standing up to an imperialist government who was enslaving Americans into a war we had no business being in, sending them into a meat grinder to be killed or maimed just to satisfy the personal ambitions of politicians.

Uh huh....well, that's an easy position to take since you were never called on to make the choice of fighting for your country or being a coward. "Hypocrite judgements after the fact, the name of the game is to be hit and hit back." -Warren Zevon-

I could easily make the same argument that the cowards were those too afraid to stand up to the government for what was right.

Forum List

Back