Cassius Clay An Icon?

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
I've never called him "Ali" and never will. He says that Clay was his "slave name" which must have made his parents bust with pride. :rolleyes-41: What he was and wasn't carry equal weight. He was a great fighter, a fighter like the world had never seen before. And he was a yellow, draft-dodging coward who we may forget got somebody else sent to Vietnam in his place. Was he the greatest ever? Who knows....many think Rocky Marciano would have knocked his block off . His claim to fame was most of the white world wanted to see him get his block knocked off to shut his mouth whether we admit it or not.

Was he sane? Hard to say....He threw his Olympic gold medal into a river because somebody called him a "n1gger". He converted to islam and devoted himself to Elijah Muhammed, the man who had Malcolm X assassinated and despised the white man. And took a princely sum of Clay's fight purses. And somehow, unlike other traitors, never had to serve a prison sentence for refusing the step forward to serve the country that made him rich and famous.

image053.jpg

I saw Clay once here in Phoenix back in 1976. Drove past some mosque downtown in my white Coup deVille and there he was outside with a bunch of little muslims wearing blue suits, standing at attention. We made eye-contact briefly. He was bigger than I'd suspected having only seen him on TV....I wondered if I could boot him in the chest before he landed a punch on me was one recollection of that moment. He may have been a muslim but he still appreciated a fine Cadillac was the other.

Larry Holmes gave him the beating he'd had coming for his whole life and gave him the brain damage that finally shut his mouth. While I took no pleasure in seeing him turned into a vegetable, it didn't make me sad either because I had no respect for him.....none. Was he an icon?....for what? :eusa_eh:

I never particularly thought of him as any thing special. He was sick for a long time. He died. End of story.

Was he still a member of the nation of islam? If he was he was a racist and a hater.....

Was he still a member of the nation of islam? If he was he was a racist and a hater.....

Yep.

Then like any member of the democrat ku klux klan he should be shunned.....the nation of islam is a racist, hate group to this day......and if he was still a member in good standing, he supported their racism and their hate and he is a vile human being...no matter how good a fighter he may have been.

Poor Tom. About the only one left in the world who sees Vietnam as a noble cause, instead of a path for political opportunists bent on clinging to power at the cost of millions of deaths. Hell, we even had to support the assassination of Diem, our own chosen corrupt head of state.....

He had bad brain damage plus Parkinson's due to too many licks to the head. He was sort of pathetic the last 20 years. I know he was ''good'', but I am not a boxing fan at all, so I am bias.

I've never called him "Ali" and never will. He says that Clay was his "slave name" which must have made his parents bust with pride. :rolleyes-41: What he was and wasn't carry equal weight. He was a great fighter, a fighter like the world had never seen before. And he was a yellow, draft-dodging coward who we may forget got somebody else sent to Vietnam in his place. Was he the greatest ever? Who knows....many think Rocky Marciano would have knocked his block off . His claim to fame was most of the white world wanted to see him get his block knocked off to shut his mouth whether we admit it or not.

Was he sane? Hard to say....He threw his Olympic gold medal into a river because somebody called him a "n1gger". He converted to islam and devoted himself to Elijah Muhammed, the man who had Malcolm X assassinated and despised the white man. And took a princely sum of Clay's fight purses. And somehow, unlike other traitors, never had to serve a prison sentence for refusing the step forward to serve the country that made him rich and famous.

image053.jpg

I saw Clay once here in Phoenix back in 1976. Drove past some mosque downtown in my white Coup deVille and there he was outside with a bunch of little muslims wearing blue suits, standing at attention. We made eye-contact briefly. He was bigger than I'd suspected having only seen him on TV....I wondered if I could boot him in the chest before he landed a punch on me was one recollection of that moment. He may have been a muslim but he still appreciated a fine Cadillac was the other.

Larry Holmes gave him the beating he'd had coming for his whole life and gave him the brain damage that finally shut his mouth. While I took no pleasure in seeing him turned into a vegetable, it didn't make me sad either because I had no respect for him.....none. Was he an icon?....for what? :eusa_eh:
when Ali fought holmes he was 38....you could have probably beat him...if he was 10 years younger it probably would have been a different story or at least larry's age at the time....

Poor Tom. About the only one left in the world who sees Vietnam as a noble cause, instead of a path for political opportunists bent on clinging to power at the cost of millions of deaths. Hell, we even had to support the assassination of Diem, our own chosen corrupt head of state.....

There's still thousands of us who know what Vietnam was...you don't so don't pretend you do.

There's still thousands of us who know what Vietnam was...you don't so don't pretend you do.

Well, i will say a little curse about them the next time I buy a shirt labeled "made in Vietnam". I've been doing that anyway, for about 15 years or so.

when Ali fought holmes he was 38....you could have probably beat him...if he was 10 years younger it probably would have been a different story or at least larry's age at the time....

Clay went in the ring with Holmes because the leaches that were his entourage got most of his money over the years. Larry Holmes hated Clay and could have taken him out in the second or third round...but didn't to punish him. Kenny Norton whipped his ass too as did Frazier and so would have George Foreman if his water bottle hadn't been laced with a sedative in Zaire.

Well, i will say a little curse about them the next time I buy a shirt labeled "made in Vietnam". I've been doing that anyway, for about 15 years or so.

Well good for you, asshole....visit the Houston area where many of our Viet friends ended up after the war to tell you about the joys of living under the VC....you'll wish you'd never bought that shirt.

Well good for you, asshole....visit the Houston area where many of our Viet friends ended up after the war to tell you about the joys of living under the VC....you'll wish you'd never bought that shirt.

No need to visit Houston. The Vietnamese took over the entire East side of New Orleans, which then became a gun and knife club.The neighborhood grew so dangerous that my wife moved her first husband's casket to the West side, just to avoid going over there. The largest shopping mall in New Orleans had to shut down and was demolished because of gang activity. So did a brand new amusement park on the east side. I don't really blame them that much. They learned everything they knew about violence and guns and drugs from us.

image053.jpg

Another Conservative crapping on another dead black man.

How very unoriginal.

No need to visit Houston. The Vietnamese took over the entire East side of New Orleans, which then became a gun and knife club.The neighborhood grew so dangerous that my wife moved her first husband's casket to the West side, just to avoid going over there. The largest shopping mall in New Orleans had to shut down and was demolished because of gang activity. So did a brand new amusement park on the east side. I don't really blame them that much. They learned everything they knew about violence and guns and drugs from us.

You're not too bright are you? I was referring to the parents of those kids you claim are so nasty. I wonder how long you'd have lasted in Saigon if you'd been transplanted into an alien culture.

Forum List

Back