CASE FALLS APART: Capitol Hill Investigators Ask for 60-Day Delay to Build a Case Against Jan. 6 Protesters After FBI-Media Conspiracies Crumble

It's been more than half a year.

Per the Sixth Amendment's requirement for a speedy trial, if the prosecutors aren't ready to make their cases by now, then all charges need to be dropped.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

It's very specifically a point of the Sixth Amendment to not allow government to hold citizens indefinitely, on unproven charges.

Eighth Amendment

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
The court has determined that no bail is a violation of this Amendment.​

"the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial"

Yeah, I quite agree that is a good thing, however........

I think there is a traction-full argument that "speedy" is relative.
My 'speedy' may be a lot faster than your 'speedy'.

And too, haven't we all heard of long waits in jail as police and prosecutors develop cases for any number and any type of crime?

Which seems to be exactly the situation here. After all, near 600 have been arrested and charged. Another 200 or 300 are being investigated in order to ---first, identify them from the miles of video the investigators acquired, and then, once identified.....go find 'em.

We do know---from public reporting ---- that a key focus of this January 6th Insurrection investigation is the aspect of a 'conspiracy'. The communication, cooperation, and coordination amongst one or more individuals/groups. That kind of investigation takes time.

Or so I've seen in the movies.

So, I'd suggest patience, Grasshopper. Let the cake bake.
The trials....or pleas.....will come soon enough.

"...dumbass, and the GP is far better than any of those fake news tabloids."

Ah, Li'l Bripat still playing with dirty words.
I think that is cute. Sorta.

Anyway, more seriously Li'l Bripat, which "fake news tabloids" are you referencing when you say the "GP" (Gateway Pundit) is far better?

Help the forum become better educated on the media sources that can keep us adequately informed.

It cracks me up when they tell tale that no guns were confiscated thus proves protesters were unarmed. Arrests took place after the fact. It's like saying since nobody was apprehended at the scene for Officer Sicknick's murder, that proves it was suicide.

I guess they were all waiting for the moment to pull out their guns and scream insurrection! Their plan was then to bring Trump and hold a news conference telling everyone that he had decided to install himself as king. The US populace was going to accept it and we would all sing praises to our dear leader. Or maybe, they were not quite so organized, had no real plan, didn't come prepared with weapons, didn't kill one police officer(one died of a stroke) and once they breached the building didn't burn, destroy or loot or take any further action to overthrow the government of the most powerful nation in the world. Without leaning on rhetoric, which seems a little more plausible to you?

What seems 'plausible' to me (not saying it is factual, only plausible)

Well, the top generals are on record as stating they had some concerns about Trump declaring martial law.
And that January 6th crew of grievance-ridden yokels snatching Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi, or any number of legislators......could serve as an excuse for such.

After all we just saw the contemporaneous notes from a DOJ attorney who recorded Don Trump telling the acting head of the DOJ to 'just declare the election was "corrupt"....and leave the rest to him and some Republican legislators.
That seems like a tell.
I would think.

And then, that those mobsters who invaded the nation's Capitol were disorganized and incompetent can surprise no one.
That is who a not-insignificant portion of the citizenry who idolize Don Trump are --- life's screw-ups. Duh!

So I, for one, am all in on the Select Committee putting out a blizzard of subpoenas and getting folks who had contact with Don Trump on January 5th, 6th, and 7th, or any other contact that is relevant to the activities of January 6th.......drag 'em in before the Committee and let 'em tell their tales. Under oath.

God Bless America.

What seems 'plausible' to me (not saying it is factual, only plausible)

Well, the top generals are on record as ....

"The top generals"? All of them? Or just a few? Or did you just spin it, to make your argument seem more supported than it really is?

Forum List

Back