Carville: Carville: A Supreme Court loss will help Democrats

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Colonel CueBall Speaks....telegraphs Democrat plans.

(CNN) - While the Obama administration fights to protect the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, Democratic strategist and CNN contributor James Carville said a Supreme Court overruling may not be such a bad thing for the president, politically.

"I think this will be the best thing that has ever happened to the Democratic Party," Carville said Tuesday on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

He added: "You know, what the Democrats are going to say, and it is completely justified, 'We tried, we did something, go see a 5-4 Supreme Court majority'."

LINK With Video

Colonel CueBall Speaks....telegraphs Democrat plans.

(CNN) - While the Obama administration fights to protect the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, Democratic strategist and CNN contributor James Carville said a Supreme Court overruling may not be such a bad thing for the president, politically.

"I think this will be the best thing that has ever happened to the Democratic Party," Carville said Tuesday on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

He added: "You know, what the Democrats are going to say, and it is completely justified, 'We tried, we did something, go see a 5-4 Supreme Court majority'."

LINK With Video

Carville knows they are in BIG trouble, both with Obamacare and in general.... he's just trying to keep the party faithful, well, faithful.

IF the Madate is found unConstitutional? (That is the funding mechanism for Ocare...), then the Statist Democrats will still run with it and it's Medicare for everyone. Single-Payer. /Story.

Watch them try it.

Hey T........go check out DRUDGE right now bro...................

This sorta sums it up for the k00ks....................

20110519_0052_1-8.jpg

Check out the headlines............a fucking hoot and a half.

Most people are saying that obama will use a loss to attack the Supreme Court and ask for 4 more years so he could appoint new Justices.

Except for one thing. The health care bill was hugely, hugely unpopular. If obama says that if he gets four more years he'd pack the court, that may be a signal to a lot of people to vote against him.

He already looks like he's going to blame their lawyer for the loss. As much responsiblity as he's run from so far, this might be the last straw.

Most people are saying that obama will use a loss to attack the Supreme Court and ask for 4 more years so he could appoint new Justices.

Except for one thing. The health care bill was hugely, hugely unpopular. If obama says that if he gets four more years he'd pack the court, that may be a signal to a lot of people to vote against him.

He already looks like he's going to blame their lawyer for the loss. As much responsiblity as he's run from so far, this might be the last straw.

We'll see. If it is in it's entirety struck down due to 'severability'...

Obamacare suffers a severability trainwreck at the Supreme Court

Leaving the severability clause out was deliberate if I recall. It was a way to keep the bill from being dismantled piece by piece.

Leaving the severability clause out was deliberate if I recall. It was a way to keep the bill from being dismantled piece by piece.

Precisely. And I think the Justices see it for what it is.

They won't even read it, nor should they be expected to read it.

Scalia Likens Reading Obamacare to Cruel and Unusual Punishment | Washington Free Beacon

Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia humorously invoked the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution, which forbids cruel and unusual punishments, when discussing the Obamacare legislation during oral argument today at the Supreme Court.

JUSTICE SCALIA: Mr. Kneedler, what happened to the Eighth Amendment? You really want us to go through these 2,700 pages?

(Laughter.)

JUSTICE SCALIA: And do you really expect the Court to do that? Or do you expect us to — to give this function to our law clerks?

Is this not totally unrealistic? That we are going to go through this enormous bill item by item and decide each one?

MR. KNEEDLER: Well -

Nope they are going to throw it all out.

Sure. Scalia and Co. are talking what's good or bad, not what's legal. Bought off a-holes, a Pub disgrace.

What we're getting now is blaring propaganda from the Pub Propaganda Machine, and whining from the cowardly corporate media. We'll see what Kennedy decides, The rest is bought off bullshytte for the dupes, who are incredibly stupid and misled.

Precisely. And I think the Justices see it for what it is.

They won't even read it, nor should they be expected to read it.

Scalia Likens Reading Obamacare to Cruel and Unusual Punishment | Washington Free Beacon

Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia humorously invoked the Eighth Amendment to the Constitution, which forbids cruel and unusual punishments, when discussing the Obamacare legislation during oral argument today at the Supreme Court.

JUSTICE SCALIA: Mr. Kneedler, what happened to the Eighth Amendment? You really want us to go through these 2,700 pages?

(Laughter.)

JUSTICE SCALIA: And do you really expect the Court to do that? Or do you expect us to — to give this function to our law clerks?

Is this not totally unrealistic? That we are going to go through this enormous bill item by item and decide each one?

MR. KNEEDLER: Well -

Nope they are going to throw it all out.

Yep. You and i are on the same wavelength...I posted a thread about it...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...tters-read-obamacare-before-voting-on-it.html

;)

Sure. Scalia and Co. are talking what's good or bad, not what's legal. Bought off a-holes, a Pub disgrace.

What we're getting now is blaring propaganda from the Pub Propaganda Machine, and whining from the cowardly corporate media. We'll see what Kennedy decides, The rest is bought off bullshytte for the dupes, who are incredibly stupid and misled.

When the Constitution is being usurped? it's BAD and precisely the point, numbnutz. :cuckoo:

BTW even if it might help Obama and the Democrats, who cares? This law is unconstitutional and needs to be struck down.

Forum List

Back