Carville: Carville: A Supreme Court loss will help Democrats

BTW even if it might help Obama and the Democrats, who cares? This law is unconstitutional and needs to be struck down.

On thy nearly everyone agrees. The mandate was one of the most corrupt pieces of legislation I've ever seen. It was passes solely because of the Democrats desire to pass ANYTHING so as not to allow the GOP to claim victory.

Seeing it struck down isn't only the correct action, but it is probably the single best outcome Obama can hope for. If it stands, he'll have to defend it. If it goes down, he can just move on.

Oh, he can try. But I think he still has to defend it. Heck, the bill has been nicknamed Obamacare.

And sincerely, if it goes down, I hope they wrap it around his neck and let his drag his political career with it.

Liberty must be restored.

Hey dopey, it's an obvious observation. Conservative court takes away health care for children 26 and under and preexisting conditions as Tea Party Lunatics cheer?

mana from heaven

Colonel CueBall Speaks....telegraphs Democrat plans.

(CNN) - While the Obama administration fights to protect the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, Democratic strategist and CNN contributor James Carville said a Supreme Court overruling may not be such a bad thing for the president, politically.

"I think this will be the best thing that has ever happened to the Democratic Party," Carville said Tuesday on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

He added: "You know, what the Democrats are going to say, and it is completely justified, 'We tried, we did something, go see a 5-4 Supreme Court majority'."

LINK With Video

BTW even if it might help Obama and the Democrats, who cares? This law is unconstitutional and needs to be struck down.

On thy nearly everyone agrees. The mandate was one of the most corrupt pieces of legislation I've ever seen. It was passes solely because of the Democrats desire to pass ANYTHING so as not to allow the GOP to claim victory.

Seeing it struck down isn't only the correct action, but it is probably the single best outcome Obama can hope for. If it stands, he'll have to defend it. If it goes down, he can just move on.

Oh, he can try. But I think he still has to defend it. Heck, the bill has been nicknamed Obamacare.

And sincerely, if it goes down, I hope they wrap it around his neck and let his drag his political career with it.

Liberty must be restored.
You and I both know that for good or ill, politics doesn't work like this. If the Mandate is struck down in June it's a dead issue by July. Continuing to harp on it will make Romney look like he's trying to deflect from whatever IS an issue by that point and backfire on Mitt.

Hey dopey, it's an obvious observation. Conservative court takes away health care for children 26 and under and preexisting conditions as Tea Party Lunatics cheer?

mana from heaven

(CNN) - While the Obama administration fights to protect the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, Democratic strategist and CNN contributor James Carville said a Supreme Court overruling may not be such a bad thing for the president, politically.

"I think this will be the best thing that has ever happened to the Democratic Party," Carville said Tuesday on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

He added: "You know, what the Democrats are going to say, and it is completely justified, 'We tried, we did something, go see a 5-4 Supreme Court majority'."

LINK With Video

I agree!

Most people are saying that obama will use a loss to attack the Supreme Court and ask for 4 more years so he could appoint new Justices.

Except for one thing. The health care bill was hugely, hugely unpopular. If obama says that if he gets four more years he'd pack the court, that may be a signal to a lot of people to vote against him.

He already looks like he's going to blame their lawyer for the loss. As much responsiblity as he's run from so far, this might be the last straw.
At the time the law was passed, most Americans were opposed to Obamacare but as Obama said once Americans understand what's in law and how it will effect them, they will support it. That's exactly what's happening. In a CNN poll release yesterday, opposition has dropped to 50%, down nearly 10 points from the time the law was passed. Only 30% wanted to see the law overturned.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/03/26/rel3b.pdf

I believe if the law is overturned, it will boast Obama's chance of reelection who is already strongly favored over Romney. For 30 million Americans looking forward to getting health insurance in 2014, the overturn of the law will not sit well at all. For Democrats who did not support the law because it wasn't a single payer plan, the overturn of the law will raise new hopes. Obama can use the healthcare issue to distract voters from the slow economic recovery.

So, let me get this straight, people don't want it, yet it should be passed anyway because eventually we'll convince you to like it?

My God that's scary.

The point of a Representative Democracy isn't to pass popular laws.

Half the people against Ocare want more, single payer. You are sorely misled, and so are they. Waiting another 20 years is insanity.

Wha wha wha wha wha wha wha......

All you morons who predicted it was a 9-0 slam dunk.

Now it looks like your precious O-care is going to get the royal flush.

We still need the fix the system. We just don't need Harry Ried, Nancy Pelosi and the Moron-in-Chief to do it.

At the time the law was passed, most Americans were opposed to Obamacare but as Obama said once Americans understand what's in law and how it will effect them, they will support it. That's exactly what's happening. In a CNN poll release yesterday, opposition has dropped to 50%, down nearly 10 points from the time the law was passed. Only 30% wanted to see the law overturned.

I believe if the law is overturned, it will boast Obama's chance of reelection who is already strongly favored over Romney. For 30 million Americans looking forward to getting health insurance in 2014, the overturn of the law will not sit well at all. For Democrats who did not support the law because it wasn't a single payer plan, the overturn of the law will raise new hopes. Obama can use the healthcare issue to distract voters from the slow economic recovery.

So, let me get this straight, people don't want it, yet it should be passed anyway because eventually we'll convince you to like it?

My God that's scary.

Correct.

The point was to pass laws that were within your scope. However the 17th really hurt that structure.

Health Care was never in the scope of the Federal Government.

My God that's scary.

Correct.

The point was to pass laws that were within your scope. However the 17th really hurt that structure.

You'll be surprised to learn I agree. It should be handled at the State level.

Correct.

Which is where I get pissed at my own party.

It's not like there are not issues. I work with some people who could benefit from a cleaner system.

And I don't like that you can pay in for 15 years and get dropped. That is bogus. But, there are few new competitors entering the market and it is because of red tape (from what I can tell).

The GOP at the state level should be attacking the problem. Even it is only to stream line the way for market forces to work. But if people want Romneycare....let them have Romneycare. It is O.K. at the state level.

At the current time, they are on their heals, very disorganized, and half corrupt.

Most people are saying that obama will use a loss to attack the Supreme Court and ask for 4 more years so he could appoint new Justices.

Except for one thing. The health care bill was hugely, hugely unpopular. If obama says that if he gets four more years he'd pack the court, that may be a signal to a lot of people to vote against him.

He already looks like he's going to blame their lawyer for the loss. As much responsiblity as he's run from so far, this might be the last straw.

My God that's scary.
People didn't want it because every Rightwing politician, talk show host, blog, newspaper, and columnist in the country was saturating the media with negative commits, lies, and all manner of distortions. After two years, the federal government, state governments, insurance companies, and healthcare providers are getting the word out.

30 million people with no insurance are learning that they will have insurance in 2014. Millions of low middle income tax payers are learning they will see tax credits in 2014 to help them pay for health insurance. Plus people are learning about many other benefits such as free preventive care for items such as Mammograms, physical exams, colonoscopies, vaccinations, support for wellness programs in the workplace, new FDA procedure to bring more generics drugs to market faster, abstinence-only education, limitations on insurance company overhead and profits, home visits to expecting families, higher hospital reimbursement rates for hospitals that reduce the spread of disease, etc....

My God that's scary.
People didn't want it because every Rightwing politician, talk show host, blog, newspaper, and columnist in the country was saturating the media with negative commits, lies, and all manner of distortions. After two years, the federal government, state governments, insurance companies, and healthcare providers are getting the word out.

30 million people with no insurance are learning that they will have insurance in 2014. Millions of low middle income tax payers are learning they will see tax credits in 2014 to help them pay for health insurance. Plus people are learning about many other benefits such as free preventive care for items such as Mammograms, physical exams, colonoscopies, vaccinations, support for wellness programs in the workplace, new FDA procedure to bring more generics drugs to market faster, abstinence-only education, limitations on insurance company overhead and profits, home visits to expecting families, higher hospital reimbursement rates for hospitals that reduce the spread of disease, etc....

Look who just posted about lies.

Of those 30 milliion there is anywhere from 10 to 15 million who could afford insurance, BUT DON'T WANT IT. And now you are going to make them pay for it ?

This is way to funny.

Limits on profits. That is REAL freaking American. The oil companies had better look out.

My God that's scary.

30 million people with no insurance are learning that they will have insurance in 2014. Millions of low middle income tax payers are learning they will see tax credits in 2014 to help them pay for health insurance. Plus people are learning about many other benefits such as free preventive care for items such as Mammograms, physical exams, colonoscopies, vaccinations, support for wellness programs in the workplace, new FDA procedure to bring more generics drugs to market faster, abstinence-only education, limitations on insurance company overhead and profits, elimination of Medicare over payments to insurance companies, visits to expecting families, higher hospital reimbursement rates for hospitals that reduce the spread of disease, calorie labeling on menus, web-based health care management tools, break time for nursing mothers, school-based health centers, etc....

this-funky-cat-totally-looks-like-funky-james-carville.jpg

James_Carville_Is_Gollum.jpg

Wheas mah GUMBO?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnr0_W0tBgU]Carville speaking "Carvill-ian" - YouTube[/ame]

LINK With Video

How else could you possibly expect liberals to spin it?

By now the libs are used to spinning the failures of this administration into "good news".

Stimulus failed. Unemployment is still at record highs. Gas is higher than its ever been. Deficit is higher than its ever been. And yet these idiotic libs, sit here every day covering for his failed ass and try to spin all these facts as "good news".

HusseinCare is the core of liberal beliefs. If it gets struck down it is saying that the core beliefs of liberals are unconstitutional and un-American. And yet we're supposed to believe this would be a "win" for Obama if this happens?

At this point the liberals are so in denial they sound like this dumbfuck:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcwX6Ay-g9Y]Iraqi Information Minister "The Republican Guard is in full control ...." (April 5, 2003) - YouTube[/ame]

My God that's scary.

30 million people with no insurance are learning that they will have insurance in 2014. Millions of low middle income tax payers are learning they will see tax credits in 2014 to help them pay for health insurance. Plus people are learning about many other benefits such as free preventive care for items such as Mammograms, physical exams, colonoscopies, vaccinations, support for wellness programs in the workplace, new FDA procedure to bring more generics drugs to market faster, abstinence-only education, limitations on insurance company overhead and profits, elimination of Medicare over payments to insurance companies, visits to expecting families, higher hospital reimbursement rates for hospitals that reduce the spread of disease, calorie labeling on menus, web-based health care management tools, break time for nursing mothers, school-based health centers, etc....

Look who just posted about lies.

Of those 30 milliion there is anywhere from 10 to 15 million who could afford insurance, BUT DON'T WANT IT. And now you are going to make them pay for it ?

This is way to funny.

Limits on profits. That is REAL freaking American. The oil companies had better look out.

Carville: A Supreme Court loss will help Democrats

True. It might be a legal 'loss' but a political win for the Administration.

Correct. It would indeed be the best of both worlds: a campaign promise fulfilled and then capriciously taken away by a partisan, activist Court legislating from the bench; the campaign ads will write themselves.

You and I both know that for good or ill, politics doesn't work like this. If the Mandate is struck down in June it's a dead issue by July. Continuing to harp on it will make Romney look like he's trying to deflect from whatever IS an issue by that point and backfire on Mitt.

Exactly. The Court will take from the republicans their most devastating weapon – and hand it over to Obama.

The problem with that is many poor, conservative states won’t implement any type of reform, although their citizens are the ones the most in need. It is within the scope of the Federal government to ensure its citizens have their basic needs met, particularly when the states refuse to do it.

Forum List

Back