Care to share the details of when you "found"

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
God, or when he/she/it was revealed to you?

I'm asking for a specific story, if you're willing to share.

My reason for asking is because I usually find that persons I've known who say that he/she/it revealed him/herself to them, have a story where they personally "decided" that it was God, not that it was literally God saying "hi!" but some other occurance where they seemingly went "heh, must be God," which to me seems like a lazy explanation of coincedence, good luck or bad luck.

Not looking for attacks just..............stories.

I followed a girl in to a church. She was hot and the preacher was a drummer with the gift of gab and a good sense of humor. Within a year I was baptized and speaking in tongues.

I know its random now so I laugh, but at the time I felt like 'He' knew me. :lol:

Later I studied with more learned men of The Book, and knowing it well has not been a waste of my time.

Truth be told I kind of miss God. I'll admit to feeling a certain guidance driven by prayer in my life at that time, but taking back the wheel to my own ride was the right thing to do. Life is fast.

Sure, the truth is scarier but still it's better. Just my opinion.

My reason for asking is because I usually find that persons I've known who say that he/she/it revealed him/herself to them, have a story where they personally "decided" that it was God, not that it was literally God saying "hi!" but some other occurance where they seemingly went "heh, must be God," which to me seems like a lazy explanation of coincedence, good luck or bad luck.

If it is just a "story".... its not worth hearing.

"Finding God" is a religious experience.... plus, I didnt know God was lost :dunno:

I found the "religion" I currently subscribe to on PBS.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV6A8oGtPc4]Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey (Part 1 of 13) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-AWC1fezE]The Human Spark - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lHlCa1M3c0&playnext=1&list=PLF3B441D9E9D81BC4]Carl Sagan's Cosmos: Episode 1-The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean - YouTube[/ame]

What is "Religion", if not the most reasonable answer to the question: "How did we GET here?" :dunno:

Yeah. Ill sum it up in short. I came to it myself. I was born and raised religious then I came back to it later during my sophomore year. I had a wake up call. During the middle late night I just woke up and felt something woke me up and I didn't move but I knew something was there. It said I've been watching and I'm watching. Something like that it wasn't a language it was like something that translates in your heart and reads itself to your heart. I can't really explain it but I was asking for something like that before and that's when I was becoming religious then this incident happened and I felt awkward all day....

Yeah. Ill sum it up in short. I came to it myself. I was born and raised religious then I came back to it later during my sophomore year. I had a wake up call. During the middle late night I just woke up and felt something woke me up and I didn't move but I knew something was there. It said I've been watching and I'm watching. Something like that it wasn't a language it was like something that translates in your heart and reads itself to your heart. I can't really explain it but I was asking for something like that before and that's when I was becoming religious then this incident happened and I felt awkward all day....

Thanks for sharing. Do you know what sleep paralysis is?

I was on the road to Damascus, see?

And I was parched and stopped at a HOJo's for a cuppa joe.

Loe and behold there was GOD and his cadre of trained trumpeteers having 33 varieties of icecream.

It was AWSOME!

I sat down and we chatted for a while and then his cell phone went off and he said he had to go.

He stuck me with the check, but happily for me I wrote it off as a business lunch.

True story...honest injun!

Yes but this wasn't it. I was aware and awake. For about a few min then went back to sleep. I'm sure I could of moved but I didn't want to myself. It didn't seem like a lucid dream. I was awake

Yes but this wasn't it. I was aware and awake. For about a few min then went back to sleep. I'm sure I could of moved but I didn't want to myself. It didn't seem like a lucid dream. I was awake

The line between a lucid dream and sleep paralysis is thin - I mean, sleep paralysis isn't all just a body reference, it's also brain meaning you're half awake and half asleep in the brain but the awake part is frightened at what the asleep part is showing it because it thinks its real. It seems thoroughly real.

Not always frightened though, sometimes it's a positive hallucination.

There are people that practice for months and then can self induce. I've done a lot of dream research and things.

If I had to guess, and this is not to diminish your experience but more-so what I'd have to classify it as if there were a gun to my head - I'd say it was hallucinated. That's not meant to be offensive, moreso the most rational explanation a non biased observor would have to make.

The line between a lucid dream and sleep paralysis is thin - I mean, sleep paralysis isn't all just a body reference, it's also brain meaning you're half awake and half asleep in the brain but the awake part is frightened at what the asleep part is showing it because it thinks its real. It seems thoroughly real.

There are people that practice for months and then can self induce. I've done a lot of dream research and things.

If I had to guess, and this is not to diminish your experience but more-so what I'd have to classify it as if there were a gun to my head - I'd say it was hallucinated. That's not meant to be offensive, moreso the most rational explanation a non biased observor would have to make.

I don't practice or try these things. This happened once and my eyes were open. It felt really wierd but I still got that message and I felt something was next to me but I didn't bother to check behind my back.

That's not the reason I was religous though. I was being religous before this by a few months

I don't practice or try these things. This happened once and my eyes were open. It felt really wierd but I still got that message and I felt something was next to me but I didn't bother to check behind my back.

That's not the reason I was religous though. I was being religous before this by a few months

Well it happens with your eyes open, but that's besides the point I guess.

Thanks for being the only one to be serious anyhoo. I really wanted some of the "god showed himself to me" people to engage.

"Finding God" is a religious experience.... plus, I didnt know God was lost :dunno:

inane post, honestly. ^

I followed a girl in to a church. She was hot and the preacher was a drummer with the gift of gab and a good sense of humor. Within a year I was baptized and speaking in tongues.

I know its random now so I laugh, but at the time I felt like 'He' knew me. :lol:

Later I studied with more learned men of The Book, and knowing it well has not been a waste of my time.

Truth be told I kind of miss God. I'll admit to feeling a certain guidance driven by prayer in my life at that time, but taking back the wheel to my own ride was the right thing to do. Life is fast.

Sure, the truth is scarier but still it's better. Just my opinion.

Good post, Joe. My experience is eerily similar.

I was on the road to Damascus, see?

And I was parched and stopped at a HOJo's for a cuppa joe.

Loe and behold there was GOD and his cadre of trained trumpeteers having 33 varieties of icecream.

It was AWSOME!

I sat down and we chatted for a while and then his cell phone went off and he said he had to go.

He stuck me with the check, but happily for me I wrote it off as a business lunch.

True story...honest injun!

Jim Carrey was only God for like three minutes bro

inane post, honestly. ^

Go back and read some of yours, honestly.

I've shared my experiences before in other threads. If you want to talk about them let me know. But I am not going to share it now here because of the mocking attitude of several people here.

I've shared my experiences before in other threads. If you want to talk about them let me know. But I am not going to share it now here because of the mocking attitude of several people here.

I will not mock you at all, and will remain very cordial - but I will attempt to draw conclusions and try to hash them out with you if that's alright.

If not, no worries. nothing lost nothing gained.

Forum List

Back