Car rankings

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Mercedes is a very well-built car. My in-laws have one. Built like a tank. E-400 wagon. Damned thing is faster then hell too.

Over, the years, however, they have had their share of computer problems.

Mercedes is a very well-built car. My in-laws have one. Built like a tank. E-400 wagon. Damned thing is faster then hell too.

hmm

More myth than legend I suppose

They had it a week - went out in the garage - the whole car "dropped" - the body was literally sitting on the tires - suspension completely failed. Had the car flat bedded to the dealership. It sat there for a month because the part that was needed hadn't even been put in the spare parts inventory yet. Had to wait for Germany to cough one up.

Personally I don't want my car talking to me, parking for me, etc.

I want to get in it and drive it, which is why I still favor standards over automatics. Unfortunately, it's impossible to find manual transmission in some cars.

Last edited:

The old Mercedes were extremely well built, and easy to work on. The present batch are not easy to work on at all. However, they are still leading the curve on new technology, particularly with their very powerful and thrifty diesels.

They all quit making cars in 1970. The exception to that was the Land cruiser diesel, discontinued in 1984 but built in Brazil as a Bandeirante until 2001 (Mercedes powered).
Everything else is fancified useless garbage.
If basic hand tools can't rebuild it, it's not for me.

Attachments

• $P9030303.resized.JPG
    $P9030303.resized.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 47
The Econ button in the Honda is for rubes. All it does is remove acceleration power when you really need it. It saves about two drops of gas, literally, for every tank of gas.

If you were in a life and death situation where you need to quickly accelerate, that Econ button will kill you.

Forum List

Back