Capital Punishment For Rape Crimes

Without using dingbat sources, who has been executed that can you point out as innocent since your own Timothy Evens (likely) in the 1950s?
Here is a list of those who've already been executed in the US:
Executed But Possibly Innocent | Death Penalty Information Center

And here are 156 more of them who were snatched from death row ... also from the US :
Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center
So, of the 1000s of people who've been executed, you've got a few who "may" have been innocent and 156 who were released from death row. which doesn't mean they were innocent or that technology has been able to exonerate them - which clearly suggests that those who continue to be condemned guilt is even surer.

What about the innocent people that have been executed for something they did not do? You cannot resurrect them.
Without using dingbat sources, who has been executed that can you point out as innocent since your own Timothy Evens (likely) in the 1950s?

Derek Bentley
There is no doubt that Bentley participated in the murder of a cop though he may not have fired the fatal bullet. He was not innocent.

In the film of Derek Bentleys story he said " Let him have it " to his accomplice, but he may have meant give the policeman the gun, not shoot him.

I asked for proof that someone who had been executed was innocent. Bentley and Willingham were not. I admit, Timothy Evens may well have been. I don't think he would have been convicted in any US state today. Forensic technology would have likely vindicated him. Not so with Willingham.

There are different point of views but I think that capital punishment for rape crimes is the best solution religiously and socially.

Your opinions?

What does the Shariah Laws say about punishment for rape crimes?

There are different point of views but I think that capital punishment for rape crimes is the best solution religiously and socially.

Your opinions?

What does the Shariah Laws say about punishment for rape crimes?

I do not know about punishment, but you need 4 witnesses to get a conviction of raping a Muslim woman, As for non Muslim women they seem to regard them as fair game.

What about the innocent people that have been executed for something they did not do? You cannot resurrect them.
Off the top of my head, Cameron Willingham.
Please. The anti-capital punishment crowd tries to find one that has some extremely remote possibility of innocence and dwells on it until it elicits comments like yours. Willingham was a scumbag who killed his own children.
Dude, give up. Even the State of Texas has finally acknowledged that there was no arson. The only "evidence" was a twice-recanted fairy tale from a bipolar jailhouse snitch. I realize you want to sate your bloodlust, but the simple FACT is that an innocent man was executed.

Also...the FBI knowingly and deliberately framed 4 men for the murder of Edward Deegan, to protect one of their stool pigeons.

Dude, give up. Even the State of Texas has finally acknowledged that there was no arson. The only "evidence" was a twice-recanted fairy tale from a bipolar jailhouse snitch. I realize you want to sate your bloodlust, but the simple FACT is that an innocent man was executed.
Bull, stop with the hyoerbole and low-information shit. A commission found that there were lapses in the investigation, but I'm calling you on the State of Texas acknowledgement your claim. Put up, and no dingbat sites please. Anyone who knows anything about the case also knows that there was enough evidence to convict regardless of arson forensics.

I find this kind of thing appeals to the ignorant who have neither the intellect nor objectivity to analyze things that are beyond their capacity to understand.

Last edited:

Your opinions?
Perhaps let the victim decide...assuming that the victim is in good mental health.

Your opinions?
Perhaps let the victim decide...assuming that the victim is in good mental health.
we have a justice system, not a revenge system.
And would this not be just?
no, it would be revenge.
Why? And why are the two mutually exclusive?

Bull, stop with the hyoerbole and low-information shit. A commission found that there were lapses in the investigation, but I'm calling you on the State of Texas acknowledgement your claim. Put up, and no dingbat sites please. Anyone who knows anything about the case also knows that there was enough evidence to convict regardless of arson forensics.

I find this kind of thing appeals to the ignorant who have neither the intellect nor objectivity to analyze things that are beyond their capacity to understand.
Dr. Craig Byler, hired by the Texas Forensic Science Commission to review the case, found that "a finding of arson could not be sustained". He also noted that, key testimony from a fire marshal at Willingham's trial was "hardly consistent with a scientific mind-set and is more characteristic of mystics or psychics".

The icing on the cake being that a four-person panel of the Texas Forensic Science Commission investigating evidence of arson presented in the case acknowledged on July 23, 2010, that state and local arson investigators used "flawed science" in determining that the blaze had been deliberately set.

Your opinions?
no, it would be revenge.
while it would be possible that a person could meter out a punishment commensurate with the crime they were victim to it is more likely they would heap as much punishment on the person as possible, making the punishment revenge, not justice.

no, it would be revenge.
while it would be possible that a person could meter out a punishment commensurate with the crime they were victim to it is more likely they would heap as much punishment on the person as possible, making the punishment revenge, not justice.
Not if the court limits the options to life without parole or death.

The Willingham case has been reviewed by nine of the nation's top fire scientists. They were unanimous: it wasn't arson!

Would you like your crow boiled, roasted, or broiled?

The Willingham case has been reviewed by nine of the nation's top fire scientists. They were unanimous: it wasn't arson!

Would you like your crow boiled, roasted, or broiled?
I would like you to back up what you said about the State of Texas acknowledging his innocence.

I also would prefer to avoid dialogues with people beneath me as well, especially flighty and disingenuous dingbats. But this is in internet so it seemingly can't be avoided.

The former you can't do, and the latter is my fault for engaging you I suppose.

I will source everything when I get home...linking is a pain on this phone.

How do you want your crow? Grilled? BBQ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back