Capital Punishment For Rape Crimes

So, of the 1000s of people who've been executed, you've got a few who "may" have been innocent and 156 who were released from death row. which doesn't mean they were innocent or that technology has been able to exonerate them - which clearly suggests that those who continue to be condemned guilt is even surer.
Somewhere along the road of life your logic became deformed. The first is of persons who re already dead, their DNA dried dust. These are the 'possibly innocent' for reasons of extenuating circumstances. The list of 156 are those who've been 'proven innocent' by way of viable DNA. Note that this is not "Mission Accomplished". Work to find others is under way. There is no shame in discovering you've made a mistake as long as you accept it as a mistake.

we have a justice system, not a revenge system.
And would this not be just?
no, it would be revenge.
Why? And why are the two mutually exclusive?
while it would be possible that a person could meter out a punishment commensurate with the crime they were victim to it is more likely they would heap as much punishment on the person as possible, making the punishment revenge, not justice.
Not if the court limits the options to life without parole or death.
So the plaintiff would be allowed to maim and cripple the accused (just short of murder) for a crime of which the severity would be decided by the plaintiff? Let me know what country you'll be implementing such a law so that I can be sure not to visit.

So, of the 1000s of people who've been executed, you've got a few who "may" have been innocent and 156 who were released from death row. which doesn't mean they were innocent or that technology has been able to exonerate them - which clearly suggests that those who continue to be condemned guilt is even surer.
Somewhere along the road of life your logic became deformed. The first is of persons who re already dead, their DNA dried dust. These are the 'possibly innocent' for reasons of extenuating circumstances. The list of 156 are those who've been 'proven innocent' by way of viable DNA. Note that this is not "Mission Accomplished". Work to find others is under way. There is no shame in discovering you've made a mistake as long as you accept it as a mistake.
When I make a mistake, I will let you know just as I do when you do.

And would this not be just?
no, it would be revenge.
while it would be possible that a person could meter out a punishment commensurate with the crime they were victim to it is more likely they would heap as much punishment on the person as possible, making the punishment revenge, not justice.
So the plaintiff would be allowed to maim and cripple the accused (just short of murder) for a crime of which the severity would be decided by the plaintiff? Let me know what country you'll be implementing such a law so that I can be sure not to visit.
So you didn't read my post?

no, it would be revenge.
So you didn't read my post?
Yes, I saw your spot about the cooperation between the court and the opinion of the plaintiff. I just don't see that such cooperation can uphold strict rules given the plaintiff has much too much power in the matter. Those inside the judicial system have years of education in that very field. They (in perhaps the utopian sense) are the ones who ought to decide punishment. The plaintiff, by sheer definition, owns a dog in the fight and is most likely corrupted.

Let's be honest. We know that crimes committed against the rich and influential will be awarded harsher punishment than the same crime committed against someone of lesser means. But are we (as citizens) in agreement with that? Then, why should punishment be determined upon the level of admiration that we common citizens bestow upon ourselves?

Last edited:
While I do agree with the death penalty, in some cases, I strongly feel that if no one has been murdered, there should absolutely be no death penalty.

There are different point of views but I think that capital punishment for rape crimes is the best solution religiously and socially.

Your opinions?
Terrible idea. Then the rapist has little recourse but to murder thier victim. Puts the victim in even greater danger. Besides... Such punishment doesn't fit the crime.

There are different point of views but I think that capital punishment for rape crimes is the best solution religiously and socially.

Your opinions?
Terrible idea. Then the rapist has little recourse but to murder thier victim. Puts the victim in even greater danger. Besides... Such punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Well you're not going to rape the rapist, are you? Rapists fail to kill their victims much of the time regardless already knowing that the victim could live to testify against them.

We do not have the death penalty for any crime in Britain, and I support the view that the death penalty is wrong.

I have to respectfully disagree. If possible, please show me an executed criminal who has ever committed another crime. I don't believe you can.
What about the innocent people that have been executed for something they did not do? You cannot resurrect them.

You just agree for death penalty for terrorism's suspected like american drones that killed thousands of people.

Last edited:

Your opinions?

But then rape victims need to be believed in the first place. The US's rape rate is far lower than it actually is, and the US is far behind many western European countries in encouraging women to report rape.

Then again, after knowing someone who knew someone (you know the story) who spent more than a year in an Aussie prison because some bitch reported him for rape when it wasn't rape, you'd be skating on thin ice with this one.

Don'
What about the innocent people that have been executed for something they did not do? You cannot resurrect them.

There are no Innocent people in the world over the age of three years. There may be people who aren't guilty of what they're charged with, or who have never been caught, but there are no Innocent people.
Justifying the guillotine for a man who's been falsely accused of murder (or rape if you have your way) just because he stole a Mars bar when he was seven ..... ? Go splash some cold water on your face then come back and rephrase that. Please.
Don't try to be idealist, if a member of your family is the victim of those crimes you would kill the criminals if you meet them.

Capital punishment is here to protect other people.

Your opinions?
Perhaps let the victim decide...assuming that the victim is in good mental health.
we have a justice system, not a revenge system.

Is Gitmo a revenge system or justice system?
It's not a justice system, that's for sure

Is Gitmo a revenge system or justice system?
Guantanamo is an illegal facility, even by American standards. THAT is the reason it isn't on American soil. So yes, it's better described as a 'revenge system' but the one who contributed that point to the discussion was certainly talking about the legal American system.

Don't try to be idealist, if a member of your family is the victim of those crimes you would kill the criminals if you meet them.

Capital punishment is here to protect other people.
Balderdash. ONE: My 'idealist' reply was to someone who needs a good shaking. TWO: I am too civilized to kill someone under the criminal circumstances you suggest, and .... if what you say is true 'in general' then it's an excellent explanation as to why courts must decide the punishment, not the victim or the victim's nearest and dearest. THIRD: Wrong. Capital punishment is here (well not 'here' but 'there') to save money.

Anyway .... I am an idealist.

I am too civilized to kill someone under the criminal circumstances you suggest, and .... if what you say is true 'in general' then it's an excellent explanation as to why courts must decide the punishment, not the victim or the victim's nearest and dearest.

If you're too civilized to kill, I wouldn't want you in my family. WHEN the Government fails to i.pose JUSTICE, it's up to the family to see it done.

Wrong. Capital punishment is here (well not 'here' but 'there') to save money.

Please show me an executed criminal who has ever committed another crime. Saving money is just a bonus.

I am too civilized to kill someone under the criminal circumstances you suggest, and .... if what you say is true 'in general' then it's an excellent explanation as to why courts must decide the punishment, not the victim or the victim's nearest and dearest.

If you're too civilized to kill, I wouldn't want you in my family. WHEN the Government fails to i.pose JUSTICE, it's up to the family to see it done.

Wrong. Capital punishment is here (well not 'here' but 'there') to save money.

Please show me an executed criminal who has ever committed another crime. Saving money is just a bonus.

Not very good. You've misquoted me ... made an absurd conclusion ... and a silly statement.

not very good. You've misquoted me ... made an absurd conclusion ... and a silly statement.

Please show me where I misquoted you. If I have, I'll be more than happy to apologize.

I am also interested in what you believe my absurd conclusion is.

The "silly statement" piece I couldn't truly care any less about.

Forum List

Back