Cap and Trade Tax Bill Online

HA I found out who she is. Man that was driving me nuts. Ellen Tauscher is the new Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security. So glad i figured it out. anyways just figured I'd post in case anyone was as confused as i was=)

Tauriaphelion

Remarkable yet again how the few die hard leftists in here are defending the Democrats attempt to ram this cap n trade through without any actual review.

How can some so easily defend the indefensible?

Out of a guilt-ridden white liberal need to support the "black guy"?

What is it?

How about that I support a CAP only. It's the TRADE part that will get murky and ripe for corruption. Coal fired plants are already being fined under the old Clean Air Act, but those penalties get sucked up into environmental cleanup projects that have already resulted from the filth they discharge.

Sealy lil Nazi friends passed it.

The vote was 217-205 to advance the White House-backed legislation to the floor, and 30 Democrats defected

House Democrats win key test vote on climate bill - Yahoo! News

Once again democrats piss on the little guy, proving they are identical to sealybobo's hero, Geroge W Bush.

It's not about right or wrong, it's about government control. Screw the little guy. This cap and trade is about sticking it to the little guy. Do you think that the elitest are going to change their lifestyle because of cap and trade? The ones leading the charge are the biggest offenders of it. Al Gore just plants trees, and reaps millions from his "green companies". The libs really think it will cool down the world....that's just a freekin joke.

I don't think you fully understand what the bill is all about. It isn't just about taming global warming; it's about taming the coal-only solution to alternative energy when there are so many others that are only in the infant stages of development and need to be pursued as viable, cleaner options.

This is 1200 pages....

One yes or no question... Do you think your Congressman/Woman is going to read this whole bill ?

Hell no...

http://www.rules.house.gov/111/LegText/111_hr2454_sub.pdf

Just like the Stimulus Bill, the Pubs will read just enough of it to cherry pick the parts they don't like, then just say no. Yet they expected 224 amendments they wanted to debate to also be read. Imagine that.

But the Dems will read the whole thing I presume... :cuckoo:

Rarely will lawmakers themselves read any bill word for word. That's why they have staffers, who highlight the pertinent parts, skipping over all the whereases and other legal mumbo-jumbo.

The vote was 217-205 to advance the White House-backed legislation to the floor, and 30 Democrats defected

Once again democrats piss on the little guy, proving they are identical to sealybobo's hero, Geroge W Bush.

It's not about right or wrong, it's about government control. Screw the little guy. This cap and trade is about sticking it to the little guy. Do you think that the elitest are going to change their lifestyle because of cap and trade? The ones leading the charge are the biggest offenders of it. Al Gore just plants trees, and reaps millions from his "green companies". The libs really think it will cool down the world....that's just a freekin joke.

I don't think you fully understand what the bill is all about. It isn't just about taming global warming; it's about taming the coal-only solution to alternative energy when there are so many others that are only in the infant stages of development and need to be pursued as viable, cleaner options.

I don't think you understand that it will cost the people who have the least. From gas, to clothing, to food, to transportation, it will all be affected by this bill. It's biggest puppet (Al Gore) is one of the biggest individual abusers of energy consumption. He isn't going to change his lifestyle, but he is trying to make darn sure that yours and mine will have to change. He is talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Thats just inherently wrong, Maggie.
Coal and oil are the only real viable source of energy right now. Our government has hammered down on nuclear, which is the cleanest. Everything else is in it's infancy stage of development. But, for our government to punish us, because we have to use what we have is no more than beating down on the everyday citizen of this great nation.

Remarkable yet again how the few die hard leftists in here are defending the Democrats attempt to ram this cap n trade through without any actual review.

What is it?

It's amazing isn't it... These people aren't even reading the bills and the libs couldn't care less.... No wonder our country is going to hell... When people don't care there is nothing you can do except hope they don't care enough to vote either...

The allegations of bill-reading I find to be rather disingenuous at best. At least when the Dems took over in 2007, the Tuesday through Thursday workweek was over. Of course it outraged some of their colleagues, which almost doubled their workload. Boo Hoo (so said breitbart.com at the time.

OH joy! apparently the 309 page amendment that was added to the bill this morning adds a clause that states that people can't sell their house unless it meets certain efficiency standards. So for instance my houses single pane windows would probably be declared energy inefficient and i couldn't sell my house until i replaced them and passed inspection. Another example could be if your appliances, fridge, hotwater heater, AC, dishwasher, etc., don't meet current energy standards you couldn't sell your house until you replaced those appliances that failed standards. Because it's not hard enough to sell your home in this horrible market so we need to add a few more hoops to jump through in that process.

Another interesting clause that someone quoted from in the floor debate, there is a program that increases the unemployment fund for those who lose their jobs as a direct result of this bill. Always good to be fiscally responsible for those who lose their jobs due to your stupidity, and with that I salute congressman Waxman and congressman Markey for their efforts!

Tauriaphelion

What is it?

It's amazing isn't it... These people aren't even reading the bills and the libs couldn't care less.... No wonder our country is going to hell... When people don't care there is nothing you can do except hope they don't care enough to vote either...

I read fast, but there's not been time to read this bill, even with 'skimming.' Maggie though, she seems to have great speed reading skills, since it sounds like she read the whole thing? I wonder though, has she read this about Spain's experience with a similar program that's been in effect for years now? They are trying to walk it back now, their unemployment is over 18%:

http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090327-employment-public-aid-renewable.pdf

Yes, I have read about the "Spain" experiment, and also heard all the shrieking from the righties that the same thing is about to happen here. Well duh...only if we do it exactly the same!

I've also heard/read ad nauseam their claims based solely on a Heritage Foundation report that the average utility cost for individual households as a result of cap & trade will be over $1,200 annually. Of course they appear to ignore the more recent CBO study which actually puts that figure at about $175 annually per household.

No, I haven't "read" the bill. I listen to the floor debates on C-Span. When a final draft bill is presented to the Senate (now gone fishin'), I'll read the pertinent parts.

I don't think you understand that it will cost the people who have the least. From gas, to clothing, to food, to transportation, it will all be affected by this bill. It's biggest puppet (Al Gore) is one of the biggest individual abusers of energy consumption. He isn't going to change his lifestyle, but he is trying to make darn sure that yours and mine will have to change. He is talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Thats just inherently wrong, Maggie.
Coal and oil are the only real viable source of energy right now. Our government has hammered down on nuclear, which is the cleanest. Everything else is in it's infancy stage of development. But, for our government to punish us, because we have to use what we have is no more than beating down on the everyday citizen of this great nation.

If we had had the same philosophy about transportation and communication, we'd still be driving over dirt roads one town at a time and using long-distance operators and snail mail.

If we had had the same philosophy about transportation and communication, we'd still be driving over dirt roads one town at a time and using long-distance operators and snail mail.

What???? Your talking infrastructure, and I'm talking about a power grab.

Last edited:
Yeah, infrastructure has absolutely nothing to do with this bill. This is basically an energy bill. Stick to the topic.

OH joy! apparently the 309 page amendment that was added to the bill this morning adds a clause that states that people can't sell their house unless it meets certain efficiency standards. So for instance my houses single pane windows would probably be declared energy inefficient and i couldn't sell my house until i replaced them and passed inspection. Another example could be if your appliances, fridge, hotwater heater, AC, dishwasher, etc., don't meet current energy standards you couldn't sell your house until you replaced those appliances that failed standards. Because it's not hard enough to sell your home in this horrible market so we need to add a few more hoops to jump through in that process.

Another interesting clause that someone quoted from in the floor debate, there is a program that increases the unemployment fund for those who lose their jobs as a direct result of this bill. Always good to be fiscally responsible for those who lose their jobs due to your stupidity, and with that I salute congressman Waxman and congressman Markey for their efforts!

Tauriaphelion

If true - God, I just don't know...

This means Pelosi will fly back and forth from Cali to DC on commercial flights right ? .....

With words, like bio-diversity,carbon offsets, carbon footprints, habitual environmental patterns, and a whole host of other words made up by the environmental business associations and their supporters. You all are now beginning to see the results in the massive cap and trade scheme. Make no mistake this bill has NOTHING to do about energy AT ALL!!!!. In fact this bill has everything to do with establishing a market where none existed before as political payback for those who support this nonsense. Want to see the results of cap and trade look at the unemployment numbers among young people in the European Union that trades in carbon offsets . In places like Spain and France it's as high as 30%. The very premise that you can create "green jobs" from a bill that overtaxes energy when those so called "green jobs" are already offshore is a myth of epic proportions just like most of the environmental business is. You have several companies namely G.E. and others that stand to rake in billions of dollars at taxpayer expense by trading in carbon offsets. What is funny here, the same democrats who were demonizing Wall Street are now singing the praises of "FREE MARKETS" when it comes to this so called Global Warming marketing scam. What many people do not understand is these so called "green jobs" are going to be created, but NOT HERE. They are going to be created where they exist already and guess where the largest suppliers of things like solar panels, lithium ion batteries, wind technology are? It's not in the United States . What is really absurd in this bill is the fact that people actually believe this rubbish and will push it at any cost. People like AL Gore , and Jeffry Immelt are no doubt dancing for joy today because of the billions of dollars they stand to make on the destruction of this nation.

In an interview with EurActiv, John Krenicki, president and CEO of GE Energy, says that his company is already investing in clean-energy technologies, in anticipation of the carbon-trading process inspiring a similar measure in the US.
EurActiv.com - US power player backs EU-style carbon trading | EU - European Information on Sustainable Dev.

Here is Al Gores Carbon trading company in London....

Deliver superior investment performance by taking a long term investment view and integrating sustainability research within a rigorous fundamental equity analysis framework.
Create long term client partnerships by delivering unique investment insights and exceptional client service.
Attract, retain and develop the best professionals within a passionate investment culture through a commitment to Our Values.
Mission and Values | Generation Investment Management LLP

So tell me again, how noble and wonderful the climate change bill is, when it is nothing more than a ponzi scheme bought and paid for by the American taxpayers. Here is the biggest and perhaps the funniest thing of all. After spending literally Trillions of taxpayer dollars , raising energy costs in perhaps the worst economic recession in recent memory this bill according to the EPA will only and that is provided EVERY nation on EARTH adopt a similar stance, change global temps by .02 degrees. I'm sure China and India will be happy to come to the U.S. for cheap beads and painted rocks because pretty soon thats all this nation is going to be able to produce if congress keeps passing bills that payoff political lobbys and keep committing FRAUD against our nation. I thought it worth mentioning what the definition of a FRAUD is for all you who don't read beyond the daily KOS or MSNBC....

§ 1031. Major fraud against the United States
How Current is This?(a) Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, any scheme or artifice with the intent—
(1) to defraud the United States; or
(2) to obtain money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises,

in any procurement of property or services as a prime contractor with the United States or as a subcontractor or supplier on a contract in which there is a prime contract with the United States, if the value of the contract, subcontract, or any constituent part thereof, for such property or services is $1,000,000 or more shall, subject to the applicability of subsection (c) of this section, be fined not more than $1,000,000, or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

US CODE: Title 18,1031. Major fraud against the United States

The truth is this nation has the resources to be a vibrant, strong, and economically sound nation for many years to come. It takes a nation willing to do the hard work necessary to get there and so far this nation cannot do that, as long as we are willing to sacrifice our future to other nations. Our future and our childrens future depend on strong and vibrant nation willing to use ALL its resources in and environmentally sound way for the benefit of this nation. If we choose the path that we have chosen with this crappy trade bill, future generations will look back fondly on the standards of livings that we and our parents had as they struggle to sell trinkets to visting Chinese tourists.

With words, like bio-diversity,carbon offsets, carbon footprints, habitual environmental patterns, and a whole host of other words made up by the environmental business associations and their supporters. You all are now beginning to see the results in the massive cap and trade scheme. Make no mistake this bill has NOTHING to do about energy AT ALL!!!!. In fact this bill has everything to do with establishing a market where none existed before as political payback for those who support this nonsense. Want to see the results of cap and trade look at the unemployment numbers among young people in the European Union that trades in carbon offsets . In places like Spain and France it's as high as 30%. The very premise that you can create "green jobs" from a bill that overtaxes energy when those so called "green jobs" are already offshore is a myth of epic proportions just like most of the environmental business is. You have several companies namely G.E. and others that stand to rake in billions of dollars at taxpayer expense by trading in carbon offsets. What is funny here, the same democrats who were demonizing Wall Street are now singing the praises of "FREE MARKETS" when it comes to this so called Global Warming marketing scam. What many people do not understand is these so called "green jobs" are going to be created, but NOT HERE. They are going to be created where they exist already and guess where the largest suppliers of things like solar panels, lithium ion batteries, wind technology are? It's not in the United States . What is really absurd in this bill is the fact that people actually believe this rubbish and will push it at any cost. People like AL Gore , and Jeffry Immelt are no doubt dancing for joy today because of the billions of dollars they stand to make on the destruction of this nation.

In an interview with EurActiv, John Krenicki, president and CEO of GE Energy, says that his company is already investing in clean-energy technologies, in anticipation of the carbon-trading process inspiring a similar measure in the US.
EurActiv.com - US power player backs EU-style carbon trading | EU - European Information on Sustainable Dev.

Here is Al Gores Carbon trading company in London....

Deliver superior investment performance by taking a long term investment view and integrating sustainability research within a rigorous fundamental equity analysis framework.
Create long term client partnerships by delivering unique investment insights and exceptional client service.
Attract, retain and develop the best professionals within a passionate investment culture through a commitment to Our Values.
Mission and Values | Generation Investment Management LLP

So tell me again, how noble and wonderful the climate change bill is, when it is nothing more than a ponzi scheme bought and paid for by the American taxpayers. Here is the biggest and perhaps the funniest thing of all. After spending literally Trillions of taxpayer dollars , raising energy costs in perhaps the worst economic recession in recent memory this bill according to the EPA will only and that is provided EVERY nation on EARTH adopt a similar stance, change global temps by .02 degrees. I'm sure China and India will be happy to come to the U.S. for cheap beads and painted rocks because pretty soon thats all this nation is going to be able to produce if congress keeps passing bills that payoff political lobbys and keep committing FRAUD against our nation. I thought it worth mentioning what the definition of a FRAUD is for all you who don't read beyond the daily KOS or MSNBC....

§ 1031. Major fraud against the United States
How Current is This?(a) Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, any scheme or artifice with the intent—
(1) to defraud the United States; or
(2) to obtain money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises,

in any procurement of property or services as a prime contractor with the United States or as a subcontractor or supplier on a contract in which there is a prime contract with the United States, if the value of the contract, subcontract, or any constituent part thereof, for such property or services is $1,000,000 or more shall, subject to the applicability of subsection (c) of this section, be fined not more than $1,000,000, or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

US CODE: Title 18,1031. Major fraud against the United States

The truth is this nation has the resources to be a vibrant, strong, and economically sound nation for many years to come. It takes a nation willing to do the hard work necessary to get there and so far this nation cannot do that, as long as we are willing to sacrifice our future to other nations. Our future and our childrens future depend on strong and vibrant nation willing to use ALL its resources in and environmentally sound way for the benefit of this nation. If we choose the path that we have chosen with this crappy trade bill, future generations will look back fondly on the standards of livings that we and our parents had as they struggle to sell trinkets to visiting Chinese tourists.

I do not think many people are hearing this and way to many are not paying attention.

My point is if Al Gore REALLY believes what he is preaching, then he would not fly private jets, own zinc mines, 30 thousand sq. ft. homes, etc.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2009 (Datamonitor Financial Deals Tracker via COMTEX) -- CLNE | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (CEFC), a US-based provider of natural gas as an alternative fuel for vehicle fleets, intends to issue 6 million shares of its common stock in a public offering under an effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
CLNE Clean Energy Fuels to raise $53.16 million in public offering

This is the company that the Speaker of the House is invested in and has denied that there is a conflict of interest. On the House Floor she said that the bill was about Jobs Jobs Jobs Jobs and shes right it is about Jobs loss and Money Money Money Money for her and her lobby interests.

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her husband invested between $50,000 and $100,000 in T. Boone Pickens's Clean Energy Fuels Corp., which could benefit from legislation the California Democrat favors to boost U.S. use of natural gas.
Pelosi Investment Shows Unlikely Energy Alliance - WSJ.com

Jun 23, 2009 (Datamonitor Financial Deals Tracker via COMTEX) -- CLNE | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (CEFC), a US-based provider of natural gas as an alternative fuel for vehicle fleets, intends to issue 6 million shares of its common stock in a public offering under an effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

This is the company that the Speaker of the House is invested in and has denied that there is a conflict of interest. On the House Floor she said that the bill was about Jobs Jobs Jobs Jobs and shes right it is about Jobs loss and Money Money Money Money for her and her lobby interests.

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her husband invested between $50,000 and $100,000 in T. Boone Pickens's Clean Energy Fuels Corp., which could benefit from legislation the California Democrat favors to boost U.S. use of natural gas.
She needs to be replaced. 2010 is coming up the people of California need to get rid of her!

She needs to be replaced. 2010 is coming up the people of California need to get rid of her!
'

I agree completely, but I don't see that as happening anytime soon based on the sentiments of the Voters in her district. However, it's pretty clear that this latest bill is a sham and the need to get it done "quickly" was bought into by those members of congress who have interests other than those of this nation or those they represent. On those so called "green jobs" I just thought people wouild like to know who the worlds largest producer of solar panels is, and take that along with batteries, and the fact that China is building coal fired plants at a rate of one every two weeks. It makes this bill even more what it is.. a SPENDING BILL meant to pay back friends and make friends wealthy.

As the world’s largest solar-panel producer for the last two years, China already is a major solar player. But now, some industry experts say, it’s expanding from being mainly a solar panel supplier to also becoming a substantial customer.

“China, which already is important in production, is also going to be a large solar market,” Gerhard Stryi-Hipp, head of energy policy for the Fraunhofer-Institute for Solar Energy Systems, said last week at a roundtable to discuss trends in advance of the Intersolar North America conference next month. That’s an exciting prospect, as China — with its population of 1.3 billion — is soon expected to overtake the United States as the largest energy consumer in the world and already emits the most greenhouse gases
Is China On the Cusp of Becoming a Huge Solar Panel Market?

Still think its not a tax these are Obamas own words..

In the August, 2007 Democratic primary debate, Obama said: "There are some things that we can do to conserve energy, but all those steps are going to require a little bit of hardship and a little bit of pinching."

It's really adorable how naive you are, too bad you are allowed a vote. Solar and wind have been studied and used for decades, it's not a solution. Ethanol is not a solution. Government employees are not creative or technologically advanced, government will not solve anything. Obama is proving daily that he too is a naive little boy and is far from a leader, he is only good at buying votes from poor people and guilty white rich trash........ Hollywood is a great example.

Tauriaphelion

If true - God, I just don't know...

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

The Bill has to move to the Senate next week, then to conference, then back to the Senate. Untie your panties.

Forum List

Back