Cap and Trade Tax Bill Online

This is 1200 pages....

One yes or no question... Do you think your Congressman/Woman is going to read this whole bill ?

Hell no...

http://www.rules.house.gov/111/LegText/111_hr2454_sub.pdf

Just like the Stimulus Bill, the Pubs will read just enough of it to cherry pick the parts they don't like, then just say no. Yet they expected 224 amendments they wanted to debate to also be read. Imagine that.

Major energy investors are going green, period. There is no incentive to walk backward in time.

Renewable Energy Stocks- Insight Into Global Green Investing Trends and Opportunities

Two days ago, Siemens announced it expects around $21 billion in new orders from stimulus programs worldwide over the next three fiscal years. Green technologies are expected to account for about 40 percent of this total. In fiscal 2008, Siemens' environmental technologies generated revenue of around $26 billion, and "we are bullish about the future of our green technology portfolio," Loscher added. He expects revenue from the company's environmental technology to grow 10 percent annually, reaching the $35 billion mark by 2011. Since 2002, Siemens helped reduce its customers' CO2 output by an amount roughly equivalent to the combined CO2 emissions of New York, Tokyo and Berlin.

In the U.S., the majority of the solutions the Obama Administration say are needed to create a "Clean Energy Economy" stand ready to be implemented. For example, Loscher highlighted the growth potential of renewable energy from wind, a market which Siemens entered five years ago. Siemens has been making significant investments in the U.S. market including a wind turbine blade manufacturing facility the company opened in 2007 in Fort Madison, Iowa, and where expanded production in 2008 has resulted in nearly 400 people working there. This year, Siemens opened a facility in Elgin, Illinois, which will manufacture wind turbine gears. That plant employs about 350 people. Last month, Siemens also announced a $50 million investment to manufacture wind turbine housings in Hutchinson, Kansas. By the end of next year, 400 people will be working green collar jobs in this 300,000-square-foot facility.

Siemens AG (NYSE: SI) is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, and operates in the industry, energy and healthcare sectors. For more than 160 years, Siemens has built a reputation for leading-edge innovation and the quality of its products, services and solutions. With 420,000 employees in 190 countries, Siemens reported worldwide sales of $116.6 billion in fiscal 2008. With its U.S. corporate headquarters in New York City, Siemens in the USA reported sales of $22.4 billion and employs approximately 69,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.

///
The rest of the world awaits U.S. leadership in this global necessity. It's about time.

Remarkable yet again how the few die hard leftists in here are defending the Democrats attempt to ram this cap n trade through without any actual review.

How can some so easily defend the indefensible?

Out of a guilt-ridden white liberal need to support the "black guy"?

What is it?

Sealy lil Nazi friends passed it.

The vote was 217-205 to advance the White House-backed legislation to the floor, and 30 Democrats defected

House Democrats win key test vote on climate bill - Yahoo! News

Once again democrats piss on the little guy, proving they are identical to sealybobo's hero, Geroge W Bush.

It's not about right or wrong, it's about government control. Screw the little guy. This cap and trade is about sticking it to the little guy. Do you think that the elitest are going to change their lifestyle because of cap and trade? The ones leading the charge are the biggest offenders of it. Al Gore just plants trees, and reaps millions from his "green companies". The libs really think it will cool down the world....that's just a freekin joke.

Although CO2 has been injected into geological formations for various purposes, the long term storage of CO2 is a relatively untried concept. The first integrated pilot-scale CCS power plant was to begin operating in September 2008 in the eastern German power plant Schwarze Pumpe run by utility Vattenfall, in the hope of answering questions about technological feasibility and economic efficiency.

It has been theorised that CCS applied to a modern conventional power plant could reduce CO2 emissions to the atmosphere by approximately 80-90% compared to a plant without CCS.[1] The IPCC estimates that the economic potential of CCS could be between 10% and 55% of the total carbon mitigation effort until year 2100 (Section 8.3.3 of IPCC report.[1])

Carbon capture and storage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Approval for new wind farms could become even harder to obtain, following the launch today of a new national alliance of more than 30 anti-wind farm groups that is being headed by an influential lobbyist and senior executive at one of the UK's top PR firms.

The National Alliance of Wind Farm Action Groups (NAWAG) has been launched with the goal of orchestrating a "grass-roots revolt" against "ruthless" wind farm developers, pledging to recruit as many as possible of the 200-plus anti-wind farm groups operating in the UK.

The group is chaired by Jon McLeod, chairman of corporate communications and public affairs at PR firm Weber Shandwick and an experienced parliamentary lobbyist who has previously represented a raft of blue chip clients, including Microsoft, the BBC, Shell, Coca Cola and Barclays.

"Grass roots" anti-wind farm campaign adopts corporate PR tactics - 16 Jun 2009 - BusinessGreen.com

When you hear words like, "storage" is this not the same issue that opponents of nuclear power have with nuclear? However the major difference here is this, A. Nuclear is not "UNTRIED" B.your not pumping massive amounts of CO2 into the ground to get rid of it. Take that and with the land usage issues associated with wond, and solar, makes me really wonder who the real environmentalists actually are here. The fact is this is a BUSINESS issue its not a "Global Warming" issue and people that are in the carbon capture business stand to make a LOT of money with it. Here's a little food for thought on that harmless CO2 ..

In 1986, a tremendous explosion of CO2 from the lake Nyos, West of Cameroon, killed more than 1700 people and livestock up to 25 km away. The dissolved CO2 is seeping from springs beneath the lake and is trapped in deep water by the high hydrostatic pressure. If the CO2 saturation level is reached, bubbles appear and draw a rich mixture of gas and water up. An avalanche process is triggered which results in an explosive over-turn of the whole lake. Since 1990 a French team has carried out a series of tests in an attempt to release the gas slowly through vertical pipes .....

Lake Nyos: plan for degassing lakes Nyos and Monoun, Cameroon. Gas disaster at Nyos: mitigation of a natural hazard at Nyos.

This is 1200 pages....

One yes or no question... Do you think your Congressman/Woman is going to read this whole bill ?

Hell no...

http://www.rules.house.gov/111/LegText/111_hr2454_sub.pdf

Just like the Stimulus Bill, the Pubs will read just enough of it to cherry pick the parts they don't like, then just say no. Yet they expected 224 amendments they wanted to debate to also be read. Imagine that.

But the Dems will read the whole thing I presume... :cuckoo:

Remarkable yet again how the few die hard leftists in here are defending the Democrats attempt to ram this cap n trade through without any actual review.

What is it?

It's amazing isn't it... These people aren't even reading the bills and the libs couldn't care less.... No wonder our country is going to hell... When people don't care there is nothing you can do except hope they don't care enough to vote either...

What is it?

It's amazing isn't it... These people aren't even reading the bills and the libs couldn't care less.... No wonder our country is going to hell... When people don't care there is nothing you can do except hope they don't care enough to vote either...

I read fast, but there's not been time to read this bill, even with 'skimming.' Maggie though, she seems to have great speed reading skills, since it sounds like she read the whole thing? I wonder though, has she read this about Spain's experience with a similar program that's been in effect for years now? They are trying to walk it back now, their unemployment is over 18%:

http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090327-employment-public-aid-renewable.pdf

The vote was 217-205 to advance the White House-backed legislation to the floor, and 30 Democrats defected

Once again democrats piss on the little guy, proving they are identical to sealybobo's hero, Geroge W Bush.

That isn't an official vote though... I'm still watching the floor debates on Cspan. Speaking of which everyone keeps saying things like "you have served us well madam speaker and i wish you well in your future endeavor that you are announcing later" does anyone know where the heck Nancy Pelosi is going? just curious as I couldn't find anything on a google news search.

Tauriaphelion

(sorry had to take out the URL as it still wont let me post them=P)

That isn't an official vote though... I'm still watching the floor debates on Cspan. Speaking of which everyone keeps saying things like "you have served us well madam speaker and i wish you well in your future endeavor that you are announcing later" does anyone know where the heck Nancy Pelosi is going? just curious as I couldn't find anything on a google news search.

Tauriaphelion

(sorry had to take out the URL as it still wont let me post them=P)

She needs to go. She's as bad as Michael Steele.

What is it?

We felt the same way the last 8 years, specifically the first 6.

Now we do care, and we won't let any bullshit get passed like you allowed the last 8 years.

So keep us posted.

And how come you don't care that healthcare is putting seniors into poverty? Interesting.

Same thing with our debt. You seem to care about TARP and Stimulus bills that are both $700 billion but you don't care that the Feds spent $9 trillion in the last 8 months? That by itself is going to kill our future. But somehow I can't get you to care.

So you know what? Fuck Cap and Trade. Whatever.

booboo - just save your time and energy by not responding to me any longer it's obvious you don't want to debate... Good Day.

KMAN was serious when he asked: Being that we breathe out CO2, how long will it be before the Government taxes each individual for breathing?

Will someone tell Kman I will never reply to him again?

ahh I see now it wasn't actually pelosi up there it was just someone who looked like her. still trying to figure out who it is. Apparently whoever it is was offered a job at the state dept.

Tauriaphelion

Forum List

Back