Cancer

I put this here to hopefully have a serious chat about what can be a deadly problem. About 15 years ago I heard that word. You hear it a lot but when you doctor says it to you well it takes on a whole new meaning.
At first they said it was my throat and after tests they also found it in my lymph system. Said without treatment I had about two years to live.

Stopped at a bike shop on the way home and looked at the new Indians they had on the floor. I seriously thought about buying one on the spot and then riding to the tip of South America. But then I thought what then? Just ride back? So I decided to fight. Six foot tall and 203 became six foot tall and 144 in months! Sick depressed and weak became just part of life. A simple trip to the bathroom became a planned trip.

My surgery was on July 4th and I came out of my drug induced coma late July 5th. Only year I have ever missed fireworks. I lost two false chords and one real chord . one of my neck muscles had to be reattached to my chest. The incision ran from ear to ear and my lower face was peeled up to take the lymph glands from my neck and behind my ears. A second scar runs down my left shoulder where they took the glands from my left armpit.

They punched a hole in my stomach for a feeding tube and one in my throat so I could breath. I was unable to speak for about nine months and during radiation could not go outside in daylight. I lived in the hospital monday thru Friday and went home on weekends. Bought a flashy red convertible and would drop the top and drive at night. Meals came through a tube at that point.

Nine months after the surgery the trach tube came out and I started to relearn how to talk. With one vocal chord left that was work. I used to practice the lines from movies I watched. I remember trying to talk like Daniel Day Lewis in last of the Mohicans. Single syllable at a time. And I had to relearn how to hear myself! Seems when your vocals have a dramatic change you no longer recognize your own voice.

18 months post surgery I was back to work! Weighed in at a whole 155 at that point. I had to make weight every week to keep my job. Switch from being an auctioneer to a ring man. Doctor was pretty harsh on that one. With one vocal chord left you blow it and it's over! Now I flip stock, cars and real estate. It's a quiet life and maybe boring.

I build personas for sites and play my role. That pays to you know! I guess my point is your never done until they throw dirt on you. And yes I DO get cancer trolls. Name withheld because of forum. Do they bother me? No, how can anything bother you after facing death? Does it change you? Yeah it does. You see social injustice differently. You grow tired of PC. PC and cancer simply do not get along.

I have my own cancer troll out there (name withheld) and I'm telling you he simply does not have the balls to face it. But if you live long enough and just don't drop dead you do. And he will and being a smart ass don't beat cancer! Cancer is like having an empty tank and knowing you have miles to go. Sometimes you have to get out and push if that only means taking one more step.

I watched several of my fellow rad rats die because that step was to tiring to painful. Never be afraid folks, not of site bans or arguing your position. Cancer can take your life but USMB? It's not real. It's a dog and pony show that puts cash in people's pockets. We are just rats in a maze folks.

Fury
Of the family, friends, and other people that I know who had cancer, 25% survived.

You don't really know until 5 years passes.

Good luck.

I have lost far too many friends and family to that crappy disease. I wish it on no one, and any who have it have my support, no matter how much i might disagree with them in politics. It is simply too desperate a battle to carry on with that sort of bullshit.
It's sad that not everyone has the same attitude. There is one guy here that says he had cancer and he wished it on me.

I put this here to hopefully have a serious chat about what can be a deadly problem. About 15 years ago I heard that word. You hear it a lot but when you doctor says it to you well it takes on a whole new meaning.
At first they said it was my throat and after tests they also found it in my lymph system. Said without treatment I had about two years to live.

Stopped at a bike shop on the way home and looked at the new Indians they had on the floor. I seriously thought about buying one on the spot and then riding to the tip of South America. But then I thought what then? Just ride back? So I decided to fight. Six foot tall and 203 became six foot tall and 144 in months! Sick depressed and weak became just part of life. A simple trip to the bathroom became a planned trip.

My surgery was on July 4th and I came out of my drug induced coma late July 5th. Only year I have ever missed fireworks. I lost two false chords and one real chord . one of my neck muscles had to be reattached to my chest. The incision ran from ear to ear and my lower face was peeled up to take the lymph glands from my neck and behind my ears. A second scar runs down my left shoulder where they took the glands from my left armpit.

They punched a hole in my stomach for a feeding tube and one in my throat so I could breath. I was unable to speak for about nine months and during radiation could not go outside in daylight. I lived in the hospital monday thru Friday and went home on weekends. Bought a flashy red convertible and would drop the top and drive at night. Meals came through a tube at that point.

Nine months after the surgery the trach tube came out and I started to relearn how to talk. With one vocal chord left that was work. I used to practice the lines from movies I watched. I remember trying to talk like Daniel Day Lewis in last of the Mohicans. Single syllable at a time. And I had to relearn how to hear myself! Seems when your vocals have a dramatic change you no longer recognize your own voice.

18 months post surgery I was back to work! Weighed in at a whole 155 at that point. I had to make weight every week to keep my job. Switch from being an auctioneer to a ring man. Doctor was pretty harsh on that one. With one vocal chord left you blow it and it's over! Now I flip stock, cars and real estate. It's a quiet life and maybe boring.

I build personas for sites and play my role. That pays to you know! I guess my point is your never done until they throw dirt on you. And yes I DO get cancer trolls. Name withheld because of forum. Do they bother me? No, how can anything bother you after facing death? Does it change you? Yeah it does. You see social injustice differently. You grow tired of PC. PC and cancer simply do not get along.

I have my own cancer troll out there (name withheld) and I'm telling you he simply does not have the balls to face it. But if you live long enough and just don't drop dead you do. And he will and being a smart ass don't beat cancer! Cancer is like having an empty tank and knowing you have miles to go. Sometimes you have to get out and push if that only means taking one more step.

I watched several of my fellow rad rats die because that step was to tiring to painful. Never be afraid folks, not of site bans or arguing your position. Cancer can take your life but USMB? It's not real. It's a dog and pony show that puts cash in people's pockets. We are just rats in a maze folks.

Fury

Damn dude!

Good for you. I can’t imagine. My best to you

You obviously have guts!
Cancer is a hard way to go. I never shame a person fighting it. Even folks I damn sure don't like.

Took my oldest brother in 1999. Treatment is much better now, but it still sucks.

His fight gave us all courage, as does yours!
They are finding new ways and new things yearly. Ten years from now they will cure what killed ten years ago.

Eventually, they will figure out the WHY of it, and they'll be able to prevent it before it starts. God willing, that day will be soon.

Not if funding for research is cut.

I'll throw this out there if anyone wants to take a jab at it.
AM. Pearled barley with chopped onion a hot pepper of choice, 20% garbanzo beans and an egg sunny up or over easy mixed in. Avocado and 'mater on the side.

Mid day.Trout or Salmon baked.Chicken is OK and easier on the wallet. Steamed carrots and beets(use the green part too).If you hate beets chop them in with spinach to "dilute" them.If you like a beet eat them daily.Carrot too.

Dinner: chicken, lamb, venison,veal or fish of choice and get some fat. (No poison US garbage hormoned beef)
Bread in Panko/egg batter then fry-sautee in coconut oil. Eat a sweet potato(daily) with butter or ghee(clarified butter) eat a dark salad(spinach-kale-leek/romain/materz etc with some fat dressing like ranch or blue cheese or a homemade yogurt, Thousans Islas or some sour cream concoction.A cut up baked sweet potato fried makes a killer french fry too.
Before bed have a bowl cream of whatever soup with some grated cheese or whole wheat/pumpernickel croutons.
Remember. They tell you not to eat late because it piles on weight.......EXACTLY what you need. Toss some high quality dark chocolate and some good nuts in there too. Fatty stuff like Macadamia,niigatoe Brazil or Cashew.

Notice I didn't get all into the fruit thing. It's totally unnecessary and likely to make things worse.Papaya would be the exception if your stomach gives trouble. Chew up a tspn of fresh seeds real, real good when you eat the fruit.
Get a real first rate vitamin like Geriatric Pharmaton.
This 1000000000mg vit C-A-D-zink and what not is just JewToob quackery.Good food has plenty of that.
If you live in the ice age zone get a VIT D supplement too. Nothing stupid. Ask a pharmacist for a good brand and dose.Not a doctor. They're idiots. A pharmacist.

If you get tired of that breakfast look up Gallo Pinto but use a brown rice and not that useless white shiiit. You can use any bean you like---no matter.I alternated wifey between black, brown, white and pintos.
Stay away from hams, sausage and bacons(all chemically processed) but you can make your own "Jimmy Deen" patties by mixing a lil lean ground pork or veal or a mix with sage, thyme and black pepper-cayenne if you get bored.It tastes the same.

7 months. Wifeys cancer( colon) is GONE,They did remove the whole thing but there was a liver spot"of interest" and one on the pancreas too. Not any more, as of last month.
Let thy food be thy medicine.
Truth

diet is fine but i did chemo...i got lucky when i had to change chemo chemicals due to a shortage the new chemo worked much better
i would tell my urologist the latest diet/whatever...his reply was always the same...sounds great and i need you to commit to this round of chemo...

I have lost far too many friends and family to that crappy disease. I wish it on no one, and any who have it have my support, no matter how much i might disagree with them in politics. It is simply too desperate a battle to carry on with that sort of bullshit.
Only thing I put politics aside for. Person has cancer then on that subject for that person I'm a cheer leader!

Not just cancer, either. Someone's fighting a horrible illness of any sort, then whoever they are, I'm cheering them on in that battle.

Only thing I put politics aside for. Person has cancer then on that subject for that person I'm a cheer leader!

Not just cancer, either. Someone's fighting a horrible illness of any sort, then whoever they are, I'm cheering them on in that battle.
I have often wondered if the punishment for growing old was having to bury your friends.

sadly there is no money in curing cancer

That is one of the most ridiculous myths ever. Not only would there be HUGE money in worldwide sales of a cancer cure, there are also any number of groups doing cancer research who don't have a profit motive. Someone will eventually find the cure, because people ARE working feverishly to locate it.

I'll throw this out there if anyone wants to take a jab at it.
AM. Pearled barley with chopped onion a hot pepper of choice, 20% garbanzo beans and an egg sunny up or over easy mixed in. Avocado and 'mater on the side.

Mid day.Trout or Salmon baked.Chicken is OK and easier on the wallet. Steamed carrots and beets(use the green part too).If you hate beets chop them in with spinach to "dilute" them.If you like a beet eat them daily.Carrot too.

Dinner: chicken, lamb, venison,veal or fish of choice and get some fat. (No poison US garbage hormoned beef)
Bread in Panko/egg batter then fry-sautee in coconut oil. Eat a sweet potato(daily) with butter or ghee(clarified butter) eat a dark salad(spinach-kale-leek/romain/materz etc with some fat dressing like ranch or blue cheese or a homemade yogurt, Thousans Islas or some sour cream concoction.A cut up baked sweet potato fried makes a killer french fry too.
Before bed have a bowl cream of whatever soup with some grated cheese or whole wheat/pumpernickel croutons.
Remember. They tell you not to eat late because it piles on weight.......EXACTLY what you need. Toss some high quality dark chocolate and some good nuts in there too. Fatty stuff like Macadamia,niigatoe Brazil or Cashew.

Notice I didn't get all into the fruit thing. It's totally unnecessary and likely to make things worse.Papaya would be the exception if your stomach gives trouble. Chew up a tspn of fresh seeds real, real good when you eat the fruit.
Get a real first rate vitamin like Geriatric Pharmaton.
This 1000000000mg vit C-A-D-zink and what not is just JewToob quackery.Good food has plenty of that.
If you live in the ice age zone get a VIT D supplement too. Nothing stupid. Ask a pharmacist for a good brand and dose.Not a doctor. They're idiots. A pharmacist.

If you get tired of that breakfast look up Gallo Pinto but use a brown rice and not that useless white shiiit. You can use any bean you like---no matter.I alternated wifey between black, brown, white and pintos.
Stay away from hams, sausage and bacons(all chemically processed) but you can make your own "Jimmy Deen" patties by mixing a lil lean ground pork or veal or a mix with sage, thyme and black pepper-cayenne if you get bored.It tastes the same.

7 months. Wifeys cancer( colon) is GONE,They did remove the whole thing but there was a liver spot"of interest" and one on the pancreas too. Not any more, as of last month.
Let thy food be thy medicine.
Truth
Salmon has some of the best Omega 3s. It's a very good thing for you.

That's for damned sure. Far better to keep stringing the poor unfortunates along and soaking them for every dime. A friend was diagnosed with prostate cancer and his oncologist never once mentioned the CyberKnife that we have down in Reno. The asshole wanted to operate and then have multiple doses of chemo. I took my friend to the Cyberknife folks and they checked and lo and behold, they could help him. Six out patient treatments and he was done.

Horseshit. Anyone who believes there's a profit motive in having customers die is smoking too much medical marijuana.

My boyfriend's dad died of lung cancer so sad. But he lived longer than they said he would and he used cannabis for his pain control ad it helped a lot.
I support medical pot!!!!
Works GREAT!!!

It helped with his appetite too and nausea.

It's been said to be amazing for people having chemo and radiation treatments because it combats the nausea and helps them eat, so they get the nutrition they need to have the strength to fight.

My boyfriend's dad died of lung cancer so sad. But he lived longer than they said he would and he used cannabis for his pain control ad it helped a lot.
Works GREAT!!!

It's been said to be amazing for people having chemo and radiation treatments because it combats the nausea and helps them eat, so they get the nutrition they need to have the strength to fight.
I support medical pot. Does that put me at odds with some fellow conservatives? Yeah, but I have walked that mile and many of them have not!

Works GREAT!!!

You get to sleep as well and a well rested body is far more able to fight.

Works GREAT!!!

I support medical pot. Does that put me at odds with some fellow conservatives? Yeah, but I have walked that mile and many of them have not!

My only real objection to medical marijuana laws revolves around the rather suspect people and groups pushing for them.

Works GREAT!!!

My only real objection to medical marijuana laws revolves around the rather suspect people and groups pushing for them.
We have medical pot in my town right down the street. It pushed out the black market. Prices are cheaper and quality is better.

That's for damned sure. Far better to keep stringing the poor unfortunates along and soaking them for every dime. A friend was diagnosed with prostate cancer and his oncologist never once mentioned the CyberKnife that we have down in Reno. The asshole wanted to operate and then have multiple doses of chemo. I took my friend to the Cyberknife folks and they checked and lo and behold, they could help him. Six out patient treatments and he was done.

Horseshit. Anyone who believes there's a profit motive in having customers die is smoking too much medical marijuana.

Based on close, personal experience, and multiple conversations with various surgeons, I disagree with you.

Forum List

Back