Can we trust Romney?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Yet trustworthiness remains an abiding question about Romney. In a poll released on the eve of the convention, the Pew Research Center found that while impressions of Romney have improved since the primaries, “42 percent of the words volunteered by respondents are clearly negative, most commonly liar, arrogant, crook, out of touch, distrust and fake.” And the report continues: “Fewer (28 percent) offer words that are clearly positive in tone, such as honest, good, leadership, and capable.”

Two comments this week from his own team illustrate a contradiction. Capping a tender personal portrait of a dedicated family man, hardworking professional, and generous neighbor, Ann Romney declared: “You can trust Mitt.” Outside the convention hall, meanwhile, Romney pollster Neil Newhouse pushed back against media criticism of distortion and blatant dishonesty in the campaign’s messages by saying, “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”

Which is it? Romney repeated several of the most discredited claims of his campaign in his acceptance speech about Mr. Obama’s plans for Medicare and reforms to welfare. He accused Obama of divisiveness and partisan gridlock when, as veteran congressional watchers Norman Ornstein and Thomas Mann have documented, his own party – and indeed running mate Paul Ryan – were willing to vote against measures they themselves co-sponsored rather than reach accord with the president. His disingenuous claims are numerous.

After Mitt Romney's speech, voters may still ask: Can we trust him? - CSMonitor.com

Well we know we can't trust Obama, so yea......I think trusting Romney will be pretty durn easy. He doesn't have to spend taxpayer money to repay his "supporters".

Well we know we can't trust Obama, so yea......I think trusting Romney will be pretty durn easy. He doesn't have to spend taxpayer money to repay his "supporters".
Right, he can just make laws to benefit them at the expense of Americans.

But you trust a guy who went to a church for 20 plus years who hates America. You trust a guy who surrounds himself with known Communist and his favorite professor was a Marxist...yes, I trust Mitt Romney . A guy who shut down his business when a friends daughter went missing How Mitt Romney shut down his firm to search for friend's missing daughter | Mail Online, Or when a neighbors daughter was sick he went and took them Thanksgiving dinner.. In the speech from the mother yesterday ..

I have no idea whether Romney can be trusted or not. I do know that obama CAN be trusted, to do more of what he's already doing. obama will do more to medicare of what he's already doing, dismantling it to fold it into obamacare. obama will do more to eliminate the necessity of working and making people more dependent on government. That's what I trust him to do.

When obama said that he was going to take 716 billion dollars out of medicare by the device of not paying doctors, I believed him. When he redefined work as taking a nap or getting a massage, I believed him.

which robmoney are you picking that we can trust?

He changes his postions at the drop of a poll

President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. MY promise...is to help you and your family.

I will begin my presidency with a jobs tour. President Obama began with an apology tour. America, he said, had dictated to other nations. No Mr. President, America has freed other nations from dictators.

Every American was relieved the day President Obama gave the order, and Seal Team Six took out Osama bin Laden. But on another front, every American is less secure today because he has failed to slow Iran’s nuclear threat.

In his first TV interview as president, he said we should talk to Iran. We’re still talking, and Iran’s centrifuges are still spinning.

President Obama has thrown allies like Israel under the bus, even as he has relaxed sanctions on Castro’s Cuba. He abandoned our friends in Poland by walking away from our missile defense commitments, but is eager to give Russia’s President Putin the flexibility he desires, after the election. Under my administration, our friends will see more loyalty, and Mr. Putin will see a little less flexibility and more backbone.

We will honor America’s democratic ideals because a free world is a more peaceful world. This is the bipartisan foreign policy legacy of Truman and Reagan. And under my presidency we will return to it once again.

You might have asked yourself if these last years are really the America we want, the America won for us by the greatest generation.

Does the America we want borrow a trillion dollars from China? No.

Does it fail to find the jobs that are needed for 23 million people and for half the kids graduating from college? No.

Are its schools lagging behind the rest of the developed world? No.

And does the America we want succumb to resentment and division? We know the answer.

The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness.

Everywhere I go in America, there are monuments that list those who have given their lives for America. There is no mention of their race, their party affiliation, or what they did for a living. They lived and died under a single flag, fighting for a single purpose. They pledged allegiance to the UNITED States of America.

That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother’s confidence that their children’s future is brighter even than the past.

That America, that united America, will preserve a military that is so strong, no nation would ever dare to test it.

That America, that united America, will uphold the constellation of rights that were endowed by our Creator, and codified in our Constitution.

That united America will care for the poor and the sick, will honor and respect the elderly, and will give a helping hand to those in need.

That America is the best within each of us. That America we want for our children.

If I am elected President of these United States, I will work with all my energy and soul to restore that America, to lift our eyes to a better future. That future is our destiny. That future is out there. It is waiting for us. Our children deserve it, our nation depends upon it, the peace and freedom of the world require it. And with your help we will deliver it. Let us begin that future together tonight.

RNC 2012: Mitt Romney speech to GOP convention (Full Text) - The Washington Post

Right, he can just make laws to benefit them at the expense of Americans.

Ummm, did you ever take American History in school?? The President doesn't make laws, that's the job of Congress.

I think you need to let your guy know that, too. Executive orders aren't laws, circumventing Congress isn't too cool either.

Whether or not we can trust him in general is pretty irrelevant, sadly. It's whether we can trust him in comparison to his opponent. So, considering the question is "can you trust Mitt Romney more than Barack Obama?" ...the answer is a resounding "yes."

Anyone in politics is going to be slimy and undesirable in some way though. About the most genuine and trust worthy guy in politics today though, i would have to say, would be John McCain.

Did you ask yourself the same question of obama?

No need to answer, because even if you did, you now know as well as all the rest of us, obama turned out to be a bald faced liar to the extreme.

Obama Lies

What do we mean "trust him"? Do we mean we could leave a hundred bucks with Romney and tell him we'll back for it tomorrow and he'll still have it? I think so. Do we mean we could leave our gorgeous 18 yr old daughter in a room with him for 3 hours and not worry? Yeah, I'd do that. Unlike some Democratic presidents. Do we mean that Romney is going to deliver on every single promise made? No. No one can. A president can set an agenda and try to get things done. But that's it. It is confidence in his skill to get things done more than the actual agenda that is crucial.
Obama has no skill to get things done. He seems to believe that merely evoking the magic power of his election is enough to make everyone fall in line. Remember the absurd Copenhagen meeting? The last minute fight to get the Olympics t Chicago? Fails, all.
Romney has demonstrated success in executive positions. I trust that he has the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver on at least part of his major promises.
Things certainly couldn't be much worse.

Well Hell. Loads of folks trusted Barry Boy.

Loads will also be trusting Romney and Ryan. I'm sure that trust will bear fruit.

Way more than with Barry and his posse.

President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. MY promise...is to help you and your family.

I will begin my presidency with a jobs tour. President Obama began with an apology tour. America, he said, had dictated to other nations. No Mr. President, America has freed other nations from dictators.

Every American was relieved the day President Obama gave the order, and Seal Team Six took out Osama bin Laden. But on another front, every American is less secure today because he has failed to slow Iran’s nuclear threat.

In his first TV interview as president, he said we should talk to Iran. We’re still talking, and Iran’s centrifuges are still spinning.

President Obama has thrown allies like Israel under the bus, even as he has relaxed sanctions on Castro’s Cuba. He abandoned our friends in Poland by walking away from our missile defense commitments, but is eager to give Russia’s President Putin the flexibility he desires, after the election. Under my administration, our friends will see more loyalty, and Mr. Putin will see a little less flexibility and more backbone.

We will honor America’s democratic ideals because a free world is a more peaceful world. This is the bipartisan foreign policy legacy of Truman and Reagan. And under my presidency we will return to it once again.

You might have asked yourself if these last years are really the America we want, the America won for us by the greatest generation.

Does the America we want borrow a trillion dollars from China? No.

Does it fail to find the jobs that are needed for 23 million people and for half the kids graduating from college? No.

Are its schools lagging behind the rest of the developed world? No.

And does the America we want succumb to resentment and division? We know the answer.

The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness.

Everywhere I go in America, there are monuments that list those who have given their lives for America. There is no mention of their race, their party affiliation, or what they did for a living. They lived and died under a single flag, fighting for a single purpose. They pledged allegiance to the UNITED States of America.

That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother’s confidence that their children’s future is brighter even than the past.

That America, that united America, will preserve a military that is so strong, no nation would ever dare to test it.

That America, that united America, will uphold the constellation of rights that were endowed by our Creator, and codified in our Constitution.

That united America will care for the poor and the sick, will honor and respect the elderly, and will give a helping hand to those in need.

That America is the best within each of us. That America we want for our children.

If I am elected President of these United States, I will work with all my energy and soul to restore that America, to lift our eyes to a better future. That future is our destiny. That future is out there. It is waiting for us. Our children deserve it, our nation depends upon it, the peace and freedom of the world require it. And with your help we will deliver it. Let us begin that future together tonight.

RNC 2012: Mitt Romney speech to GOP convention (Full Text) - The Washington Post
I see you're back in the tank for him ;)

I believe we can trust him to end medicare, continue with Dubya's boneheaded corporate glad-handing, and make women feel uncomfortable in their own country.

But as for policy, he hasn't given anything concrete, just promises that he can be trusted.

While still refusing to release his tax returns....

I think I have a pretty clear understanding of what politicians are about. Its pretty clear by reading his robust political records and this disingenuous slap in the face campaign and is a shining example of how gullible the general population is to this nonsense. I can trust by how many different views he has on any given issues on any subject that matter to make America strong. I have no confidence or assurances on his trustworthy and/or since are in anyone of best interest but his own. Outside of getting his hands on the American checkbook and get a notch on his belt for for his clan. Damn right we can trust Romney to raise fees on the masses.

I see you're back in the tank for him ;)

I believe we can trust him to end medicare, continue with Dubya's boneheaded corporate glad-handing, and make women feel uncomfortable in their own country.

But as for policy, he hasn't given anything concrete, just promises that he can be trusted.

While still refusing to release his tax returns....

Quit lying, jerk off. He's released his tax returns. And no one cares about that issue anymore.

Forum List

Back