Can we trust Romney?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ravi, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,770
    After Mitt Romney's speech, voters may still ask: Can we trust him? - CSMonitor.com

2. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    Well we know we can't trust Obama, so yea......I think trusting Romney will be pretty durn easy. He doesn't have to spend taxpayer money to repay his "supporters".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,770
    Right, he can just make laws to benefit them at the expense of Americans.

4. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    But you trust a guy who went to a church for 20 plus years who hates America. You trust a guy who surrounds himself with known Communist and his favorite professor was a Marxist...yes, I trust Mitt Romney . A guy who shut down his business when a friends daughter went missing How Mitt Romney shut down his firm to search for friend's missing daughter | Mail Online, Or when a neighbors daughter was sick he went and took them Thanksgiving dinner.. In the speech from the mother yesterday ..

5. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Some of us are willing to trust him ... others not so much.

Can we trust Obama for another four years?

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    I have no idea whether Romney can be trusted or not. I do know that obama CAN be trusted, to do more of what he's already doing. obama will do more to medicare of what he's already doing, dismantling it to fold it into obamacare. obama will do more to eliminate the necessity of working and making people more dependent on government. That's what I trust him to do.

When obama said that he was going to take 716 billion dollars out of medicare by the device of not paying doctors, I believed him. When he redefined work as taking a nap or getting a massage, I believed him.

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    which robmoney are you picking that we can trust?

He changes his postions at the drop of a poll

8. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295

President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. MY promise...is to help you and your family.

I will begin my presidency with a jobs tour. President Obama began with an apology tour. America, he said, had dictated to other nations. No Mr. President, America has freed other nations from dictators.

Every American was relieved the day President Obama gave the order, and Seal Team Six took out Osama bin Laden. But on another front, every American is less secure today because he has failed to slow Iran’s nuclear threat.

In his first TV interview as president, he said we should talk to Iran. We’re still talking, and Iran’s centrifuges are still spinning.

President Obama has thrown allies like Israel under the bus, even as he has relaxed sanctions on Castro’s Cuba. He abandoned our friends in Poland by walking away from our missile defense commitments, but is eager to give Russia’s President Putin the flexibility he desires, after the election. Under my administration, our friends will see more loyalty, and Mr. Putin will see a little less flexibility and more backbone.

We will honor America’s democratic ideals because a free world is a more peaceful world. This is the bipartisan foreign policy legacy of Truman and Reagan. And under my presidency we will return to it once again.

You might have asked yourself if these last years are really the America we want, the America won for us by the greatest generation.

Does the America we want borrow a trillion dollars from China? No.

Does it fail to find the jobs that are needed for 23 million people and for half the kids graduating from college? No.

Are its schools lagging behind the rest of the developed world? No.

And does the America we want succumb to resentment and division? We know the answer.

The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness.

Everywhere I go in America, there are monuments that list those who have given their lives for America. There is no mention of their race, their party affiliation, or what they did for a living. They lived and died under a single flag, fighting for a single purpose. They pledged allegiance to the UNITED States of America.

That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother’s confidence that their children’s future is brighter even than the past.

That America, that united America, will preserve a military that is so strong, no nation would ever dare to test it.

That America, that united America, will uphold the constellation of rights that were endowed by our Creator, and codified in our Constitution.

That united America will care for the poor and the sick, will honor and respect the elderly, and will give a helping hand to those in need.

That America is the best within each of us. That America we want for our children.

If I am elected President of these United States, I will work with all my energy and soul to restore that America, to lift our eyes to a better future. That future is our destiny. That future is out there. It is waiting for us. Our children deserve it, our nation depends upon it, the peace and freedom of the world require it. And with your help we will deliver it. Let us begin that future together tonight.

RNC 2012: Mitt Romney speech to GOP convention (Full Text) - The Washington Post

9. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862

Ummm, did you ever take American History in school?? The President doesn't make laws, that's the job of Congress.

I think you need to let your guy know that, too. Executive orders aren't laws, circumventing Congress isn't too cool either.

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,351
    Oh this is sound logic! :rolleyes: