can we just get rid of the UN......

I think that the US should just stop paying any dues and Obama should demand that the UN instead say "The US is the most super-duper coolest country in the world, and we will allow them to have a night with our wives if the US chooses, for we are America's Bee-atches." Then, and only then, should we pay our dues.

I'll disagree with that.

The UN can be useful for setting international policies which we are not willing to go to war over.

setting policies? that's one thing.. do they back them up? hell no,, biggest waste of time and money on the planet.

In all fairness, the secretary has listened to high ranking Democrats talk trash about the U.S for the last 8 years. He has even heard out current POTUS speak in Germany and tell the world "I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we've struggled to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people. We've made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions." Why wouldn't the Secretary of the UN think that it's ok to trash our reputation?

:clap2:

please.....

White House objects to UN calling US 'deadbeat'

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House objected Thursday to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's description of the United States as a "deadbeat" donor to the world body.
Ban used the phrase Wednesday during a private meeting with lawmakers at the Capitol, one day after he met with President Barack Obama in the Oval Office.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Ban's "word choice was unfortunate," given that the U.S. is the largest contributor to the United Nations.

The United States pays 22 percent of the organization's nearly $5 billion operating budget but is perennially late paying its dues.
why are we expected to pay for 22% of the UN's budget?
the rest of the world needs to step up and pay their share

where do ya think the deadbeat dems came up with the progressive tax? :lol:

Forum List

Back