Can things appear out of nothing or nowhere?

Do you believe that things can appear out of nothing or out of nowhere?

So, miracles.

Jesus feeds the five thousand with five loaves and two fish.

Clearly the math doesn't add up, which implies he got something out of nowhere.

Jesus turns water into wine. Well something had to come out of nowhere to make that happen. Wine contains water, but also other stuff.

Light appears out of nowhere "let there be light."

Just some examples of something happening from nothing.

Another argument is that God has to exist because how could the Earth just come from nothing?

Well, if you believe in some of these miracles and you believe that something can appear out of nothing, then surely it could also be possible that the Earth, the universe, everything came from nothing.

Also, where did God come from? Did he also come from nothing?

Yeah the Messiah ( Obama) did...one minute he worked at jiffy lube on the south side of Chicago and the next thing I knew he was president of the United States.

What a marvelous, informative and appropriate addition to this thread. Thanks so much for your participation in RELIGION and ETHICS!
I guess we have to 'bear' anyone who comes along..

I am saying that in scripture the words are figurative the subjects hidden and not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used. Any story in scripture that contradicts what everyone has known to be true about reality since they were in grade school is like a giant X on a treasure map marking a place where something of great value was buried and hidden.

A person has to apply their intelligence rationally to decipher the figurative language used in those miraculous stories to know and understand what they are actually about, the hidden subject presented as a fantastical historical event.

For instance, the bodily ascension of Jesus into Heaven could be a 100% historically accurate eyewitness account of an actual event but to know and understand what actually happened, what they actually saw and reported, a person would have to think deeply enough to find a way to interpret the words in a way that conforms to actual reality.

There are many irrational ways to interpret the stories that lead to destruction, only one way that leads to life.

"The kingdom of Heaven is like buried treasure lying hidden in a field. The man who found it, buried it again."

If you look and look and keep on looking, you will find it.

Or the point being, you can see whatever you like in the Bible, as long as you stare at an ice cream long enough.

like I said.

There are many irrational ways to interpret the stories that lead to confusion, mental illness, death, destruction... only one rational way to interpret scripture that leads to comprehension, good mental health and life without end.

And I supposed the only "rational way" is your way.

How convenient.

Yes, my way.

The only way that conforms to and is confirmed by actual reality.

If you don't believe me you can look it up..

Delusions of grandeur?

lol... Delusions of grandeur? Is that the best you can do?

I am just right. Its as simple as that.

There is no other way, no other truth, no other life.

Or the point being, you can see whatever you like in the Bible, as long as you stare at an ice cream long enough.

like I said.

There are many irrational ways to interpret the stories that lead to confusion, mental illness, death, destruction... only one rational way to interpret scripture that leads to comprehension, good mental health and life without end.

And I supposed the only "rational way" is your way.

How convenient.

Yes, my way.

The only way that conforms to and is confirmed by actual reality.

If you don't believe me you can look it up..

Delusions of grandeur?

lol... Delusions of grandeur? Is that the best you can do?

I am just right. Its as simple as that.

There is no other way, no other truth, no other life.

To be honest I can't even be bothered.

Do you believe that things can appear out of nothing or out of nowhere?

So, miracles.

Jesus feeds the five thousand with five loaves and two fish.

Clearly the math doesn't add up, which implies he got something out of nowhere.

Jesus turns water into wine. Well something had to come out of nowhere to make that happen. Wine contains water, but also other stuff.

Light appears out of nowhere "let there be light."

Just some examples of something happening from nothing.

Another argument is that God has to exist because how could the Earth just come from nothing?

Well, if you believe in some of these miracles and you believe that something can appear out of nothing, then surely it could also be possible that the Earth, the universe, everything came from nothing.

Also, where did God come from? Did he also come from nothing?
You know that something appearing from nothing is perfectly in line with how the universe works

Really? How's that?

Quantum physics allows for particles appearing out of nowhere.

The Kabbalists has the most coherent explanation of Creation.

The Mexican shaman Don Juan said that shamans considered that the vast majority was in the realm of the "unknowable"; human being simply lack the ability to relate or interact with it

You are both confused on this matter, and I wish you both the best in getting unraveled.

God is nothing? :blowpop:
God is not a thing as in a material thing. Ergo God is no thing.
So people who say that they see god are delusional?
I think delusional would be two lesbians pretending that bringing a baby into this world is for the sake of the baby.
So how can people see god if it’s nof a material thing?
Do the opposite of what you do.
So you have nothing as usual. Man, do i own you or what?

God is nothing? :blowpop:
I think delusional would be two lesbians pretending that bringing a baby into this world is for the sake of the baby.

How do you see anything at all in your mind when you dream if your eyes are closed and nothing is materially there?

When Jesus healed the blind man he wrote something on the ground, put spit and mud in his eyes, and then asked him what he saw..First he saw trees, then, after Jesus told him to take a harder look, he saw men.

Jesus was teaching the man that trees in scripture are symbolic of men.

It was a healing of perception and not sight.

Whether from afar or close enough to hear his words, one can only perceive the living God with a pure mind.
But I now that things in my dream aren't real. Are you saying that god isn't real either?

Is the impossibility of present human concepts to understand infinity not apparent?
Much of our frustration and confusion arises from blind faith in nouns.

I have it all. You are the one with nothing. That's why you are here. Misery loves company.

I have it all. You are the one with nothing. That's why you are here. Misery loves company.
So if god is not a thing, not material, how do so many people claim to see it?

Only Joseph Smith claimed to have seen 'God'.
In any case, humans have a track record of seeing what they want to see the way they want to see it.

Only Joseph Smith claimed to have seen 'God'.
In any case, humans have a track record of seeing what they want to see the way they want to see it.
I've seen god too, but I haven't done crack in decades! :biggrin:

You misspelled experience.

But if it’s not material and can’t be felt, what kind of experience are you talking about?

But if it’s not material and can’t be felt, what kind of experience are you talking about?
All kinds. Love isn’t material and it can be felt.

Last edited:
Love is a subjective feeling, like being hungry. Now give me some examples involving god.

Simple Answer:

Everything comes from something....

No matter if it is the void and two atoms smashing at a high rate of speed to spark what we now call life or man barding about Anu being their today God.

Everything comes from something and our minds are too small and primitive to wrap our thoughts around the true reality of this Universe...

Just imagine how far we are from the Center of the Universe where it all started and realize we are nothing in the eye of time...
...or, that 'time' is just in our eye.

Amen:
Oh brother

God exists. God created the universe, and God created man in his image. When your superior knowledge can disprove any of that, get back to me.
No god exists, created the universe and we aren’t made in a gods image. When you can prove that let me know.

It’s not my job to prove your invisible unicorn doesn’t exist.

You can believe whatever you want personally but are you here trying to prove a god exists? No because you can’t. He only exists in your mind just like Muslims, Mormons

Ah, the old "it is your job to do the proving" tactic. No, my ignorant friend, it is not my job to prove anything. I just get to make fun of your ignorance.

There is no evidence that God exists, or that God does not exist. Your belief that God does not exist is faith driven, just as much as my belief that God does exist. But, for some unknown reason you don't seem to understand that fact, and desire to pretend that you hold the intellectually superior belief.

Love is a subjective feeling, like being hungry. Now give me some examples involving god.
I did. You rejected it. Like you do everything else.

God shares in all of our feelings.

I did. You rejected it. Like you do everything else.

God shares in all of our feelings.
So god is your feelings. That's pretty bizarre, even for you. :biggrin:

So if I'm feeling hate, that's god?

...or, that 'time' is just in our eye.

Amen:
Oh brother

God exists. God created the universe, and God created man in his image. When your superior knowledge can disprove any of that, get back to me.
No god exists, created the universe and we aren’t made in a gods image. When you can prove that let me know.

It’s not my job to prove your invisible unicorn doesn’t exist.

You can believe whatever you want personally but are you here trying to prove a god exists? No because you can’t. He only exists in your mind just like Muslims, Mormons

Ah, the old "it is your job to do the proving" tactic. No, my ignorant friend, it is not my job to prove anything. I just get to make fun of your ignorance.

There is no evidence that God exists, or that God does not exist. Your belief that God does not exist is faith driven, just as much as my belief that God does exist. But, for some unknown reason you don't seem to understand that fact, and desire to pretend that you hold the intellectually superior belief.
Well that’s because I came to the logical conclusion.

You however, believe Mary was a virgin, Jesus walked on water, Jonah lived in a whales belly for three days. Jesus claimed he did.

Point being, you’re no better or different than Muslims and Mormons. You believe a ridiculous impossible story. Or the Greek gods.

Do us a favor. Evolve

Forum List

Back