Can things appear out of nothing or nowhere?

Go for it, hobelim, but those who believe in the supernatural fully understand the principles of proof are different than those for the natural.
Different principles of proof my ass. There was nothing supernatural about the story of the multiplication of the loaves.

Anyone who thinks that the story is about Jesus poofing fish sandwiches out of thin air has been diverted by superstitious archaic lore into living in denial of reality without any understanding of what the story is actually about much less the power of God.

You might as well put a bag over your head and go for a jog in a mine field.
See, you don't have the language, logic, or symbols to redefine the story as something it was not.

Thats silly. I am not trying to redefine the story as something that it was not. I am revealing what the story is actually about. Teaching is the subject, not feeding a large crowd. They weren't following Jesus around for sandwiches. Duh.

Five loaves and two fish add up to seven, the exact number of disciples that Jesus had at that point. Bread is symbolic of teaching, fish is a well known metaphor for a follower of Jesus. !2 baskets full of uneaten pieces represents the twelve disciples that Jesus ended up with. A miracle!

"When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. " Mark 6:34

When the disciples said it was getting late,the crowd was hungry, and they were in the middle of nowhere Jesus told them to "feed them yourselves."

Then he took the five loaves and two fish and sent them out to teach the crowd in groups of fifty what they had already learned from Jesus...

There is nothing mysterious or supernatural about the story at all..Without adding or subtracting or changing a single word I have shown you a hidden story that conforms to actual reality.

This"miracle" is one of the seals placed on scripture that prevents people from even looking at what was written inside..It is not and never was a story about a supernatural demonstration of divine power over reality.

The seal has been broken..Take a another closer look and see what else has been hidden and buried.

Or continue to profess to really, really, really, REALLY believe in magical bullshit and make a fool out of yourself.

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare." Isaiah 55:1

Go for it, hobelim, but those who believe in the supernatural fully understand the principles of proof are different than those for the natural.
Different principles of proof my ass. There was nothing supernatural about the story of the multiplication of the loaves.

Anyone who thinks that the story is about Jesus poofing fish sandwiches out of thin air has been diverted by superstitious archaic lore into living in denial of reality without any understanding of what the story is actually about much less the power of God.

See, you don't have the language, logic, or symbols to redefine the story as something it was not.

Thats silly. I am not trying to redefine the story as something that it was not. I am revealing what the story is actually about. Teaching is the subject, not feeding a large crowd. They weren't following Jesus around for sandwiches. Duh.

Five loaves and two fish add up to seven, the exact number of disciples that Jesus had at that point. Bread is symbolic of teaching, fish is a well known metaphor for a follower of Jesus. !2 baskets full of uneaten pieces represents the twelve disciples that Jesus ended up with. A miracle!

"When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. " Mark 6:34

When the disciples said it was getting late,the crowd was hungry, and they were in the middle of nowhere Jesus told them to "feed them yourselves."

Then he took the five loaves and two fish and sent them out to teach the crowd in groups of fifty what they had already learned from Jesus...

There is nothing mysterious or supernatural about the story at all..Without adding or subtracting or changing a single word I have shown you a hidden story that conforms to actual reality.

This"miracle" is one of the seals placed on scripture that prevents people from even looking at what was written inside..It is not and never was a story about a supernatural demonstration of divine power over reality.

The seal has been broken..Take a another closer look and see what else has been hidden and buried.

Or continue to profess to really, really, really, REALLY believe in magical bullshit and make a fool out of yourself.

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare." Isaiah 55:1

Then again it's about interpretation.

You're saying that the Bible is made up of stories and that we shouldn't trust the Bible as a historical source.

Others disagree, and I guess it would be the others that I'm directing this at.

You're saying that the Bible is made up of stories and that we shouldn't trust the Bible as a historical source.

I am saying that in scripture the words are figurative the subjects hidden and not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used. Any story in scripture that contradicts what everyone has known to be true about reality since they were in grade school is like a giant X on a treasure map marking a place where something of great value was buried and hidden.

A person has to apply their intelligence rationally to decipher the figurative language used in those miraculous stories to know and understand what they are actually about, the hidden subject presented as a fantastical historical event.

For instance, the bodily ascension of Jesus into Heaven could be a 100% historically accurate eyewitness account of an actual event but to know and understand what actually happened, what they actually saw and reported, a person would have to think deeply enough to find a way to interpret the words in a way that conforms to actual reality.

There are many irrational ways to interpret the stories that lead to destruction, only one way that leads to life.

"The kingdom of Heaven is like buried treasure lying hidden in a field. The man who found it, buried it again."

If you look and look and keep on looking, you will find it.

Last edited:
Do not argue with atheists or antiGodists is my point.

They do not have the language, logic, or symbols to competently communicate.

Yet nothing is something.
Here is a great example of how words can be put together that make a sentence that comes to no substance. The words are "something", but they mean "nothing" in the sense of common usage of them.
Still, it is something a Zen master might say, in the proper context to the proper student.

Do you believe that things can appear out of nothing or out of nowhere?

So, miracles.

Jesus feeds the five thousand with five loaves and two fish.

Clearly the math doesn't add up, which implies he got something out of nowhere.

Jesus turns water into wine. Well something had to come out of nowhere to make that happen. Wine contains water, but also other stuff.

Light appears out of nowhere "let there be light."

Just some examples of something happening from nothing.

Another argument is that God has to exist because how could the Earth just come from nothing?

Well, if you believe in some of these miracles and you believe that something can appear out of nothing, then surely it could also be possible that the Earth, the universe, everything came from nothing.

Also, where did God come from? Did he also come from nothing?
The story is not about Jesus poofing fish sandwiches out of thin air.

The story is about how Jesus taught such a large, pissed off, and skeptical crowd what he learned from God to their satisfaction with only seven followers represented by five loaves and two fish and ending up with twelve disciples in the process, represented by 12 baskets full of "uneaten pieces", things that the rest of the people could not swallow.

A miracle!
The Dumb-Down King hath spoken!!! :blowpop:

So, miracles.

Jesus turns water into wine. Well something had to come out of nowhere to make that happen. Wine contains water, but also other stuff.

Another argument is that God has to exist because how could the Earth just come from nothing?

Well, if you believe in some of these miracles and you believe that something can appear out of nothing, then surely it could also be possible that the Earth, the universe, everything came from nothing.

According to astrophysical philosophy, the big bang happened out of nowhere.

So whether you believe in the big bang or in God, something had to appear out of nothing.

Yet nothing is something.
Here is a great example of how words can be put together that make a sentence that comes to no substance. The words are "something", but they mean "nothing" in the sense of common usage of them.
Still, it is something a Zen master might say, in the proper context to the proper student.
1. Nothing is better than all the money in the world.

2. A jelly sandwich is better than nothing.

3. Ergo a jelly sandwich is better than all the money in the world.

Q.E.D.

I am saying that in scripture the words are figurative the subjects hidden and not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used. Any story in scripture that contradicts what everyone has known to be true about reality since they were in grade school is like a giant X on a treasure map marking a place where something of great value was buried and hidden.

A person has to apply their intelligence rationally to decipher the figurative language used in those miraculous stories to know and understand what they are actually about, the hidden subject presented as a fantastical historical event.

For instance, the bodily ascension of Jesus into Heaven could be a 100% historically accurate eyewitness account of an actual event but to know and understand what actually happened, what they actually saw and reported, a person would have to think deeply enough to find a way to interpret the words in a way that conforms to actual reality.

There are many irrational ways to interpret the stories that lead to destruction, only one way that leads to life.

"The kingdom of Heaven is like buried treasure lying hidden in a field. The man who found it, buried it again."

If you look and look and keep on looking, you will find it.

Or the point being, you can see whatever you like in the Bible, as long as you stare at an ice cream long enough.

So, miracles.

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

The only solution to the first cause conundrum is no thing. God is no thing. Some thing cannot be eternal and unchanging. No thing can.
God is nothing? :blowpop:
God is not a thing as in a material thing. Ergo God is no thing.
So something can come from nothing. Since god is no thing, nothing, invisible, not of this realm, then this universe (something) came from nothing (God).

So, miracles.

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.
So that's how God did it.

The only solution to the first cause conundrum is no thing. God is no thing. Some thing cannot be eternal and unchanging. No thing can.
God is nothing? :blowpop:
God is not a thing as in a material thing. Ergo God is no thing.
So people who say that they see god are delusional?
I think delusional would be two lesbians pretending that bringing a baby into this world is for the sake of the baby.

So, miracles.

So that's how God did it.
First convince us god exists before you start giving it credit for things you just don’t understand

Forum List

Back