Can things appear out of nothing or nowhere?

God exists. God created the universe, and God created man in his image. When your superior knowledge can disprove any of that, get back to me.
No god exists, created the universe and we aren’t made in a gods image. When you can prove that let me know.

It’s not my job to prove your invisible unicorn doesn’t exist.

You can believe whatever you want personally but are you here trying to prove a god exists? No because you can’t. He only exists in your mind just like Muslims, Mormons

Ah, the old "it is your job to do the proving" tactic. No, my ignorant friend, it is not my job to prove anything. I just get to make fun of your ignorance.

There is no evidence that God exists, or that God does not exist. Your belief that God does not exist is faith driven, just as much as my belief that God does exist. But, for some unknown reason you don't seem to understand that fact, and desire to pretend that you hold the intellectually superior belief.
Well that’s because I came to the logical conclusion.

You however, believe Mary was a virgin, Jesus walked on water, Jonah lived in a whales belly for three days. Jesus claimed he did.

Point being, you’re no better or different than Muslims and Mormons. You believe a ridiculous impossible story. Or the Greek gods.

Do us a favor. Evolve

Sans evidence of any kind, your logical conclusion can be based on nothing beyond your personal beliefs. A strongly held belief that has no real evidence to support it is called faith. You are entitled to have that faith, but that is all it is.

I don't object to you having your beliefs, but I do object to your continuous assertions that your beliefs are somehow intellectually superior to anyone else's beliefs.

I would bet that an omnipotent God could create one hell of a computer game. He could make the characters come alive.

You misspelled experience.
But if it’s not material and can’t be felt, what kind of experience are you talking about?
All kinds. Love isn’t material and it can be felt.
Love is a subjective feeling, like being hungry. Now give me some examples involving god.
I did. You rejected it. Like you do everything else.

God shares in all of our feelings.
So god is your feelings. That's pretty bizarre, even for you. :biggrin:

So if I'm feeling hate, that's god?
I didn’t say God is your feelings I said you can experience God through you feelings.

Do you believe that things can appear out of nothing or out of nowhere?

Yep ...

big-bang-sound-1jpg.jpg
Realy freeken cool picture!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for post!

First Particle Successfully Quantum Teleported Into Space; Are Transporters Next?

It appears that we can. Scientists appear to have already done so at a minimal level, and we are just a few thousand years past when a God is said to have done it at a larger level.
I am not jumping up and down to get in one!
Go for it, hobelim, but those who believe in the supernatural fully understand the principles of proof are different than those for the natural.
Different principles of proof my ass. There was nothing supernatural about the story of the multiplication of the loaves.

Anyone who thinks that the story is about Jesus poofing fish sandwiches out of thin air has been diverted by superstitious archaic lore into living in denial of reality without any understanding of what the story is actually about much less the power of God.

You might as well put a bag over your head and go for a jog in a mine field.
See, you don't have the language, logic, or symbols to redefine the story as something it was not.

Thats silly. I am not trying to redefine the story as something that it was not. I am revealing what the story is actually about. Teaching is the subject, not feeding a large crowd. They weren't following Jesus around for sandwiches. Duh.

Five loaves and two fish add up to seven, the exact number of disciples that Jesus had at that point. Bread is symbolic of teaching, fish is a well known metaphor for a follower of Jesus. !2 baskets full of uneaten pieces represents the twelve disciples that Jesus ended up with. A miracle!

"When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. " Mark 6:34

When the disciples said it was getting late,the crowd was hungry, and they were in the middle of nowhere Jesus told them to "feed them yourselves."

Then he took the five loaves and two fish and sent them out to teach the crowd in groups of fifty what they had already learned from Jesus...

There is nothing mysterious or supernatural about the story at all..Without adding or subtracting or changing a single word I have shown you a hidden story that conforms to actual reality.

This"miracle" is one of the seals placed on scripture that prevents people from even looking at what was written inside..It is not and never was a story about a supernatural demonstration of divine power over reality.

The seal has been broken..Take a another closer look and see what else has been hidden and buried.

Or continue to profess to really, really, really, REALLY believe in magical bullshit and make a fool out of yourself.

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare." Isaiah 55:1

Then again it's about interpretation.

You're saying that the Bible is made up of stories and that we shouldn't trust the Bible as a historical source.

Others disagree, and I guess it would be the others that I'm directing this at.
If you are not reading between the lines in th ebible you are certainly missing out!

But if it’s not material and can’t be felt, what kind of experience are you talking about?
Love is a subjective feeling, like being hungry. Now give me some examples involving god.

I didn’t say God is your feelings I said you can experience God through you feelings.
So when I feel hate, that's experiencing god?

Absolutely, things can appear out of nowhere. And it is no mystery. It is dimensions. I could not have told you this with verification 20 years ago, but now good old science has discovered dimensions. Not the 4 we know, but the 6 others we can't see. And where there are six more there can be a million more. Christ was inter-dimensional in His glorified body. He could move among dimensions freely.

But what we call miracles, comes from the Holy Spirit. Not so much magic, as power. The Holy Spirit is the power pac of God. There is no limit to that power. When Christ received It is when He started healing the sick, raising the dead...

And that very same Spirit is available to those who ask for it. It is a gift.
Because of it's power, you get a small portion and you feed it with the Word. Elijah fed his so much his eyes started to turn multi dimensional.

Last edited:

For you maybe, but then again your god is you.

The explanations for the presence of the universe sound very close to everything coming from nothing.
the bible says so, so it must be true :rolleyes-41:

The universe comes out of nowhere. Reason: It expands. Once the universe was more little than an atom. And the moment before it was nowhere, if there was a moment before at all. Else if there was no space-time before, then it was nothing "before" (not even a "before"). Nothing is exactly what we are able to say in this context. And if we are only able to say nothing, to see nothing, to smell nothing and so on and so on then this nothing might also be a real nothing. The basic idea of this Christian philosophy (Short: "God made everything out of nothing") is older than 1600 years. It's not the problem of Christians that physicists found out the universe expands. The expansion of the universe from all points into all directions fits by the way also with the old Christian idea that every point - as unimportant as it seems to be - is always in the middle, in the center, of god.

Last edited:
The explanations for the presence of the universe sound very close to everything coming from nothing.

The universe comes out of nowhere. Reason: It expands. Once the universe was more little than an atom. And the moment before it was nowhere, if there was a moment before at all. Else if there was no space-time before, then it was nothing "before" (not even a "before"). Nothing is exactly what we are able to say in this context. And if we are only able to say nothing, to see nothing, to smell nothing and so on and so on then this nothing might also be a real nothing. The basic idea of this Christian philosophy (Short: "God made everything out of nothing") is older than 1600 years. It's not the problem of Christians that physicists found out the universe expands. The expansion of the universe from all points into all directions fits by the way also with the old Christian idea that every point - as unimportant as it seems to be - is always in the middle, in the center, of god.

Or so you're telling us. But do religious people believe this?

Sure.

You just said that you can feel god through your feelings. But not through hate? What else are you going to cherry pick out?

You just said that you can feel god through your feelings. But not through hate? What else are you going to cherry pick out?
No. I said I can experience God through my feelings.

I'm sure God experiences us through all of our emotions, even hate.

Can you show me on this doll where Christians have hurt you?

waldorf-dolls-girl-dark-brown-hair-evi-dress-up_grande.jpg

I'm a Catholic and I think so. When god made it this way I accept this way - if god made it in another way then tell me the way. The problem is to think about structures in time and space - with a beginning and a flow - where everything is in the middle surrounded from nothing. And perhaps in this nothing are embeded many other universes like invisible diamonds or all possible histories like a finest carpet of times. Don't tell me my father is not a very good handyman.

Last edited:

No. I said I can experience God through my feelings.

I'm sure God experiences us through all of our emotions, even hate.

Can you show me on this doll where Christians have hurt you?
Hate is a feeling, so that's god, according to you.

I'm a Catholic and I think so. When god made it this way I accept this way - if god made it in another way then tell me the way. The problem is to think about structures in time and space - with a beginning and a flow - where everything is in the middle surrounded from nothing. And perhaps in this nothing are embeded many other universes like invisible diamonds or all possible histories like a finest carpet of times. Don't tell me my father is not a very good handyman.

So you expect God to tell you stuff then?

I don't understand this question.

Last edited:

Neither does the rest of Germany. So don't worry, you're not any stupider than the rest.

Neither does the rest of Germany. So don't worry, you're not any stupider than the rest.

I also don't understand what you like to tell whom with this incompetent statement here.

Do you believe that things can appear out of nothing or out of nowhere?

So, miracles.

Jesus feeds the five thousand with five loaves and two fish.

Clearly the math doesn't add up, which implies he got something out of nowhere.

Jesus turns water into wine. Well something had to come out of nowhere to make that happen. Wine contains water, but also other stuff.

Light appears out of nowhere "let there be light."

Just some examples of something happening from nothing.

Another argument is that God has to exist because how could the Earth just come from nothing?

Well, if you believe in some of these miracles and you believe that something can appear out of nothing, then surely it could also be possible that the Earth, the universe, everything came from nothing.

Also, where did God come from? Did he also come from nothing?
The story is not about Jesus poofing fish sandwiches out of thin air.

The story is about how Jesus taught such a large, pissed off, and skeptical crowd what he learned from God to their satisfaction with only seven followers represented by five loaves and two fish and ending up with twelve disciples in the process, represented by 12 baskets full of "uneaten pieces", things that the rest of the people could not swallow.

A miracle!
No, if you read Genesis God talks to the waters to bring forth life onto dry land, etc.

As for the loaves, he started with some and made more, both example showing that God is using what is already there to create other things.

Bot the existence of matter and the first living cell are such creation events.

I also don't understand what you like to tell whom with this incompetent statement here.

C'mon, Germany couldn't even beat France. FRANCE!!! TWICE!!!!!!

Forum List

Back