Can someone explain why Republicans give much more to charity when liberals are....

Can someone explain why Republicans give much more to charity....
Aw, gee......a ("conservative"-style) premise....with zero supporting-data.

Whatta shocker......

Wankin.gif

If the premise of this thread "That conservtives are more charitable than liberals" has yet to be proven on this thread I must have missed it.

Show us the money folks.

Where are these statistics coming from and who compiled them?

Don't point me to a book that I cannot read, show me the numbers from a credible source, please.

Incidetly, I do not doubt that this is possibly true.

What I doubt is that anybody has proof to support the claim.
Bingo!!!!!

I guess it's (also) possible we haven't allowed them the appropriate-amount-of-time to repeat this premise.....magically making it The Truth.​

Mr Shamon: What I doubt is that anybody has proof to support the claim.

Brutus: probably the best book is "Who Really Cares."
John Stossel covers it in his books too and has done intersting tests to document what he says. In one he put a charity can outside a rich liberal shopping mall and another outside a poor conservative one. The conservative one had more money in it.

I became aware of it through a liberal editorial in the NY Times in which the liberal writer berated fellow liberals for not keeping up with conservatives.

Dr Drock: Anyone who was alive from 2001-2007 with working eyes and/or ears knows there's nothing conservative about the republican party. That was the most liberal government in US history at the time.

Brutus: 1) of course one 6 year period does not define a 200 year old party and 2) the country was liberal in those years, not the party. THe biggest entitlement by far was the prescription drug bill. THe Democrats wanted even more spending than Republicans. Actually the parties are opposites. The Republican Party was formed in 1794 by Jefferson to stand for freedom or liberty from government. Modern Republicans are still identical to the extent they can get away with it given that they must compromise with Democrats, Independents, voters, and the media to win elections, govern, and get reelected.

Libertarians are uncompromising on the same principles and so never hold office and have never accomplished a single thing. There is a dead stupid streak among them which holds that if they can paint Republicans and Democrats the same, the world will turn to them for a real alternative. Its a strategy that never got them more than 1% of the vote, and that mostly from junkies and gun nuts, but they stick to it like lemmings or automatons posting Mises and Hayek spam day in and day out even after 100 years of abject failure .

You can be sure if there were enough voters, media, and independents who would support the Jeffersonian freedom agenda there would be no end to Republicans who would show up to represent them if only for fame and the $200k salary!! In sum, the parties seem to overlap only because the people overlap, not because ideas overlap.

Dr DSrock:1.) I stand by this. According to the figures in this thread's line, conservatives donate 30% more than liberals, conservatives are more the church type, seems like common sense tells you that's what would cause the difference.

Brutus: the books and articles specificially say that is not the case. Liberals dont donate because they are are cold and so it is easier for them to pretend the government is taking care of it.

Dr. Drock: Brutus you need to do yourself a favor and work on how partisan you are, I can see why you're disgusted by the democrat party. I am too. But to think your party doesn't have it's own major problems shows you're wearing some pretty thick blinders.

Brutus: you miss the point completely! THe party is not concrete. At any time it is what the people who vote for it want! Think about that over and over. If 70% of the electorate wanted a Balanced Budget to the Constitution, the Republicans would vote for it tomorrow. If 70% had wanted Bush to privatize SS BUsh would have done that. But, you don't expend political capital on what the people don't want!

Libertarians are pure Republicans but they don't hold office do they??

Forum List

Back