Can Obama Fool Us Twice?

Can Obama Fool Us Twice?

Yes he can, and if Republicans are not smart he is going to. He has the establishment and liberal Press on his side, and the man runs a hell of a campaign. Anyone counting him out right now is a fool. In fact I would wager if the race was ran now. He would win.

it's not that anyone is "fooled" by any politician. it's that the repubs haven't given a viable alternative. and after this past week, i'm pretty sure that no repub is going to be trustworthy for a very long time... not until the party marginalizes its nutters.

He didn't fool me even once.

hey bodee, your green bar graph says "could start his own religion"
doesn't seem right. mine says i could be president. trotsky's says he sucks people's energy". i think he's one of the most talented writers here. i may stop palying the rep game... atlas shrugged ?

Can Obama Fool Us Twice?

Yes he can, and if Republicans are not smart he is going to. He has the establishment and liberal Press on his side, and the man runs a hell of a campaign. Anyone counting him out right now is a fool. In fact I would wager if the race was ran now. He would win.

it's not that anyone is "fooled" by any politician. it's that the repubs haven't given a viable alternative. and after this past week, i'm pretty sure that no repub is going to be trustworthy for a very long time... not until the party marginalizes its nutters.
The fact is that what the left sees as nutters does not appear that way to those not on the left. Take the Black vote which is becoming a mostly southern vote.

Increasingly southern Black dems are towing a more right wing line on everything but Civil Rights. This is being driven by middleclass snowbirds fleeing liberal states. Obama and Oprah leaning more and more to the right is a general tendency. The black vote would not have turned out for a white D candidate in 2008. The Black political establishment, at least here in FL, is increasingly being challenged by what sure sounds like tea partiers with a D behind their name and a Yankee accent. Texas too would not be Republican without a lot of Black and Hispanic voters voting GOP. The Democratic party can no longer field electable white candidates in most of the country.

Can Obama Fool Us Twice?

You may be right, but I see no reason to trust Obama either. He has not delivered on his grand promises, He has shown very weak leadership, and is spending like a drunken Sailor. He has also quite frankly lied to us all many times now.

Not sure why you still think he is such a great guy for the job. If the choices are him or any of the Repubs talking about running now. Well that's a shitty choice, but IMO Obama is out of his depth in the job, and not really seeming to grow into it either.

You are however dead wrong about the nobody being fooled part. The American people voted for a Moderate Liberal centrist in Obama. They Thought he could handle the job. On both Points Obama fooled anyone who voted for him.

Last edited:

You may be right, but I see no reason to trust Obama either. He has not delivered on his grand promises, He has shown very weak leadership, and is spending like a drunken Sailor. He has also quite frankly lied to us all many times now.

Not sure why you still think he is such a great guy for the job. If the choices are him or any of the Repubs talking about running now. Well that's a shitty choice, but IMO Obama is out of his depth in the job, and not really seeming to grow into it either.

why would you use the word "great"? where in any post i have ever made about the president have i used the word "great"? i don't believe you'll find a single post that uses that word.

but if you think i'd ever vote for someone who thinks planned parenthood should be defunded or more justices like clarence thomas put on the bench, well.. let's just say that i'd cut off my arm first.

and until there is serious election finance reform, you will never get the kind of representation you want. neither will i. .. and good luck getting campaign finance reform in a post-citizens united world.

and honestly, there isn't a single potential repub candidate i could stomach. i might have voted for mccain 2000... but mccain 2008 was too busy pandering to the radical right for me to take seriously.

Last edited:
The fact is that what the left sees as nutters does not appear that way to those not on the left. Take the Black vote which is becoming a mostly southern vote.

Increasingly southern Black dems are towing a more right wing line on everything but Civil Rights. This is being driven by middleclass snowbirds fleeing liberal states. Obama and Oprah leaning more and more to the right is a general tendency. The black vote would not have turned out for a white D candidate in 2008. The Black political establishment, at least here in FL, is increasingly being challenged by what sure sounds like tea partiers with a D behind their name and a Yankee accent. Texas too would not be Republican without a lot of Black and Hispanic voters voting GOP. The Democratic party can no longer field electable white candidates in most of the country.

i know the difference between a "conservative" and a "wingnut". i could give examples of both from this board alone.

a wingnut is someone who doesn't understand that the president has almost a 50% approval rating and has remained pretty level given a point or two. a wingnut is someone who thinks that the american public wanted the goverment shut down. a wingnut thinks that when they shriek about planned parenthood, they are in the mainstream. a wingnut thinks that americans don't love social security and medicare.

the black vote is not becoming a mostly southern vote. the republican party is almost entirely lily white because they keep taking more and more positions which oppose social justice. what i will tell you is that the republicans would do very well to remember that most blacks are, in fact, conservative, church-going, religious people. they'd be a natural constituency for republicans

90% of blacks voted for obama for president. prior to that, black support for the democratic party was about 80%.. (maybe 75, I forget exactly). perhaps if repubs stopped running the southern strategy they actually would get the black vote, but they don't.

and the fastest-growing segment of the electorate is hispanics. if the repubs could stop sounding like crazed racists on immigration issue, they might get hispanics to vote for them too... aside from the anti-castro faction in miami.

the fact that you think tea party loons are electable and democrats aren't shows that you're incredibly unaware. the electorate is fickle. the repubs got their butts soundly kicked in 2006 and 2008. but after the show that the tea people put on this week, and thanks to extremists like walker who think they're voted in to bust unions, i'm figuring your luck won't be as good in 2012 as it was in 2010.

is that a given? no.

but anyone who thinks this country is anti-choice, anti-social secuirty, anti-union and anti-education is going to be in for quite the surprise.

Obama is a self absorbed simpleton, an intellectual featherweight with no gravitas. He is truly an empty suit with shit for brains. We on the right always suspected it (which is why we didn't vote for the boob) but now his actions have proven that he is a mindless moron without a clue. Even the left knows he is a fraud, though they are unlikely to admit it because it makes them look like the gullible idiots that they generally are. They "hoped" he was the one. The "believed" he was going to be JFK with a tan - instead he's more like Jimmy Carter with bigger ears and less respect.

So, can this mindless dope get reelected? Is the American electorate so stupid that they'd get duped again?

Yep.

He'll just repeat that same tripe that got him elected last time albeit with a few modifications: "We have more work to do for the hope and change stuff to work- we've come so far- don't give up the dream now!! " " I inherited a mess, It is unfair to blame me for all of these problems" " Let's hold hands and hope and change together!! Join with me as we rejuvenate the American dream" blah blah blah....

Zander, I want to believe he is an idiot, but the farther we get into his term, the more I think he is a diabolical genius who is destroying the country on purpose.

Obama is a self absorbed simpleton, an intellectual featherweight with no gravitas. He is truly an empty suit with shit for brains. We on the right always suspected it (which is why we didn't vote for the boob) but now his actions have proven that he is a mindless moron without a clue. Even the left knows he is a fraud, though they are unlikely to admit it because it makes them look like the gullible idiots that they generally are. They "hoped" he was the one. The "believed" he was going to be JFK with a tan - instead he's more like Jimmy Carter with bigger ears and less respect.

So, can this mindless dope get reelected? Is the American electorate so stupid that they'd get duped again?

Yep.

He'll just repeat that same tripe that got him elected last time albeit with a few modifications: "We have more work to do for the hope and change stuff to work- we've come so far- don't give up the dream now!! " " I inherited a mess, It is unfair to blame me for all of these problems" " Let's hold hands and hope and change together!! Join with me as we rejuvenate the American dream" blah blah blah....

Zander, I want to believe he is an idiot, but the farther we get into his term, the more I think he is a diabolical genius who is destroying the country on purpose.

Whatever he is, he is woefully inadequate in every area of importance to our country. He spends money like the proverbial drunken sailor, he obeys the UN like a lapdog, and he has broken just about every promise he made to voters. He may be , as you suggest, a Cloward-Piven / Saul Alinsky radical genius intent in destroying this country - but more likely he's just an inexperienced boob who finds himself WAY over his head. He is not a leader- he is a campaigner. When the campaign ended he shit the bed.

As for a "viable" Republican candidate - ultimately, whomever the Republicans nominate will be viable and have a very good chance at defeating him. He's not the "hope and change" unknown guy anymore. He is no longer the blank canvas that he was in 2008. Nope, now he's just a failure who cannot lead. He's the new Jimmy Carter with bigger ears and an abysmal record.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
If gas prices keep going the way they are, Obama is toast The "poor and the"middle class" are hurt by this the most. Gas $4.00 a gal? Obama has no chance.

In the interest of charitable discourse, let's put aside Lefty anger over keeping Gitmo in operation, signing off and assassinations and torturing Bradley Manning, redefining US troops in Iraq as "support personnel" and reneging on his promise to try 9/11 suspects in legitimate courtrooms.

Let's charitably label ObamaCare as either a socialized health care deformity that has driven away the Reagan Democrat swing voters of '08 or as a right-wing sell out to corporations and wait for 2014 to start burning Obama in effigy.

Maybe we can extend our charity to Afghanistan and Libya?

"'The combination of Afghanistan and Libya could bring a bitter end to the romance between Democratic liberals and Obama,' Steve Chapman writes in Reasonmagazine.

"'Many of them were already disappointed with him for extending the Bush tax cuts, bailing out Wall Street, omitting a public option from the healthcare overhaul, offering to freeze domestic discretionary spending, and generally declining to go after Republicans hammer and tong.'"

But that still leaves the economy:

"Everyone--left, middle and right--is furious about his Herbert Hoover-like lack of concern over the economy.

"While the multimillionaire president blithely talks about a recovery as he heads off to golf with his wealthy friends, unemployment is rising and becoming structural.

"Obama will surely pay for the disconnect between reality (no jobs, shrinking paychecks, hidden inflation) and the rosy rhetoric coming out of the White House and U.S. state media."

Or will he?

Fool Us Twice? Can Obama Get Reelected? | Common Dreams

The Bush era all over again.
And Bush fooled a lot of people twice.

Last edited:
In the interest of charitable discourse, let's put aside Lefty anger over keeping Gitmo in operation, signing off and assassinations and torturing Bradley Manning, redefining US troops in Iraq as "support personnel" and reneging on his promise to try 9/11 suspects in legitimate courtrooms.

Let's charitably label ObamaCare as either a socialized health care deformity that has driven away the Reagan Democrat swing voters of '08 or as a right-wing sell out to corporations and wait for 2014 to start burning Obama in effigy.

"'The combination of Afghanistan and Libya could bring a bitter end to the romance between Democratic liberals and Obama,' Steve Chapman writes in Reasonmagazine.

"'Many of them were already disappointed with him for extending the Bush tax cuts, bailing out Wall Street, omitting a public option from the healthcare overhaul, offering to freeze domestic discretionary spending, and generally declining to go after Republicans hammer and tong.'"

"Everyone--left, middle and right--is furious about his Herbert Hoover-like lack of concern over the economy.

"While the multimillionaire president blithely talks about a recovery as he heads off to golf with his wealthy friends, unemployment is rising and becoming structural.

"Obama will surely pay for the disconnect between reality (no jobs, shrinking paychecks, hidden inflation) and the rosy rhetoric coming out of the White House and U.S. state media."

Or will he?

Obama Health Care is not socialized medicine, he done excactly what he said he would with Afghanistan and health care. tried to close Gitmo and GOP cried and squealed like the stuffed pigs. Obama was left with the worst economy and agiain GOPs cry because he spends money on the economy then cry about jobs.

Obama is better than anything the GOP offers. New Conservative, Moral Majority,Contract with America Tea Party different name same failed Republican/ Reganomics/ trickle down policy.

Last edited:

Or will he?

Obama Health Care is not socialized medicine, he done excactly what he said he would with Afghanistan and health care. tried to close Gitmo and GOP cried and squealed like the stuffed pigs. Obama was left with the worst economy and agiain GOPs cry because he spends money on the economy then cry about jobs.

Obama is better than anything the GOP offers. New Conservative, Moral Majority,Contract with America Tea Party different name same failed Republican/ Reganomics/ trickle down policy.
Still looking for the truth, I see.

Or will he?

Still looking for the truth, I see.

lol yeah I didn't find any in the OP.

why would you use the word "great"? where in any post i have ever made about the president have i used the word "great"? i don't believe you'll find a single post that uses that word.

but if you think i'd ever vote for someone who thinks planned parenthood should be defunded or more justices like clarence thomas put on the bench, well.. let's just say that i'd cut off my arm first.

and until there is serious election finance reform, you will never get the kind of representation you want. neither will i. .. and good luck getting campaign finance reform in a post-citizens united world.

and honestly, there isn't a single potential repub candidate i could stomach. i might have voted for mccain 2000... but mccain 2008 was too busy pandering to the radical right for me to take seriously.
Princess:

If The Other Side of Paradise has established third party candidates appearing on its ballots, you aren't limited to Republican OR Democrat.

As individuals, a third party vote is usually meaningless; however, if millions of Democrats/Progressives cast third party votes in 2012 that FLUSH hundreds of Democrats from DC in a single news cycle, Hope and Change become Obama's (and the tea party's) worst nightmare.

Princess:

If The Other Side of Paradise has established third party candidates appearing on its ballots, you aren't limited to Republican OR Democrat.

As individuals, a third party vote is usually meaningless; however, if millions of Democrats/Progressives cast third party votes in 2012 that FLUSH hundreds of Democrats from DC in a single news cycle, Hope and Change become Obama's (and the tea party's) worst nightmare.

thhird party? You mean like Libertarians who run on the republican ticket and are TP associated as well?

I think you are mistaking world class arrogance for stupidity in both Obama and Carter.

Yep.

Lest we all forget JFK was assassinated in Dallas while unofficially campaigning for reelection. Goldwater effectively sewed up the GOP nomination prior to the assassination because running against Kennedy any Republican was a shoe-in.
If you're correct about any Republican being a "shoe-in" against JFK in '64, do you think that was because of Kennedy's and Khrushchev's reaction to the Cuban Missile Crisis of October 1962?

Some recent historians are claiming Kennedy and Khrushchev were scared straight by the prospect of global nuclear war, and renounced their respective military/security complex's obsession with war and the threat of war.

If so, it's not clear how Obama has failed to bow to the Pentagon and Homeland Security in the same way Kennedy did in 1963.

"The U.S. government has a huge military/security budget. It is as large as the(military/security?) budgets of the rest of the world combined.

"The Pentagon, CIA, and Homeland Security budgets account for the $1.1 trillion federal deficit that the Obama administration forecasts for fiscal year 2012.

"This massive deficit spending serves only one purpose--the enrichment of the private companies that serve the military/security complex.

"These companies, along with those on Wall Street, are who elect the U.S. government."

Paul Craig Roberts: A Tool for Class War

If the people of the United States re-elect Obama to President again, we are even more fucked up than I thought we were. I just can't believe the US population could be that damned dumb.

Forum List

Back