The Fictitious Left-Right Paradigm

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Malcom X, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Malcom X

Malcom X Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The entire concept began with the Assembly Nationale during the French Revolution. Those who sat on the right side of the chamber supported the Monarchy. Those on the left side of the chamber supported the Revolution. They were seperated to deter infighting.

Why do you use this model as the basis of all political thought? This superficial, artificial horizontal line has narrowed your view, blinded your sight from any foriegn ideas, any new truths that lie contrary to the simplistic, rigid doctrine of conservatism and liberalism.

I am neither a Conservative nor a Liberal. I do not fall into the trap of false polarization, the illusory war with no victor. Do you? Are you entrapped by the puppet show, invested in it's plot so loyally that any thought outside it's bounds are immediately branded extreme, radical, and wholly unworthy of critical attention?

We always hear about how we must acknowledge both sides of an issue. You see that? BOTH sides of an issue. Not ALL sides, not ALL possible angles. BOTH sides. The sides that have already been laid out for you.

You don't have a choice. You've never had a choice in their world. Start thinking for yourselves... stop thinking left and right, liberal and conservative. Start thinking like a free human being.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91pPQ0xUWvs]YouTube - WAKING LIFE WITH ALEX JONES REMIX - BY GODS OTHER DEVIL[/ame]

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,982
    Ridiculous.

Certainly, for the right wing, they follow an imbecilic plan. Tax cuts for millionaires. Slashing education. War without consequence (or so they think). They don't know how to think things through beyond how they imagine an outcome. We see it every day.

The Democrats are a very broad coalition that operates by consensus from many different disparate groups. In fact, when the Republicans actually begin courting more than old, uneducated, Christian and white, you will see them move closer to sanity. Considering that you appear to be operating strictly on "imagination", I suspect you are far more right wing than you will ever acknowledge. Have a nice day.

4. Malcom X

Malcom X Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    This is exactly the type of entrapped mindset I'm talking about.

To even dare question the logic of the artificial left-right ideological scale will cause anyone blinded by it to call you the opposite of what they claim to be. If you were a conservative you would have called me a liberal.

This civil war mindset is dangerous and irrational.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,982
    The problem here is "evidence". The Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian. They are a "group". They target other groups. Democrats don't do that because they are made up of those other groups. Trying to pigeonhole Democrats and Republicans simply doesn't make a lick of sense. Their policies are as different as they are.

6. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    It didn't begin with the French Revolution, it began long before in the first great republic, Rome, about 2,500 years ago. It's a logical dichotomy; holding fast to institutions/resisting change and casting aside old institutions: and promoting change. Rome, in the latter days of the republic, had two proto-parties: the Optimates (the best) and the Populi (people).

The Optimates were the patricians and were conservatives resisting change, the the Populi were also patricians but supported change in the political system to give more rights and political power to the ordinary people.The Populi were also using the appeal to the plebs to increase their own power.

In it's simplest form the dichotomy is resistence to change and promoting change. Of course there are differing subsets and permutations. The left and the right became attached to the two political leanings probalby from the Roman Eagle, with it's left wing and right wing.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  7. Malcom X

Malcom X Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I didn't say the left and right aren't different. I'm saying the difference isn't substantial.

You say the Democrats don't wage pointless wars? Only two Democratic Presidents did not wage war during their term(s): Franklin Pierce and Grover Cleveland.

You say they support the poor and working class? Why was the largest doner to Obama's campaign Goldman Sachs?

You may make vague generalizations about the racial makeup of Republicans vs. Democrats, but that is neither here nor there.

8. rikules

rikules fighting thugs and cons

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +305

you're not a team player, are you?

9. Malcom X

Malcom X Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Interesting. I had not heard of Roman political parties.

My point still stands. Political ideology must be something more than a pendulum.

If Liberals are in power, do Conservatives automatically become left-wing because they want a "change" from the current government?

10. Malcom X

Malcom X Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Not if I don't believe in what the "team" is playing for?