Can machines really take over?

The answer is no, machines will not ever take over. Sure, they'll get smarter and more advanced. Probably do delicate surgeries soon enough. But humans have the advantage that put us on the top and kept us there. We have deception, backstabbing, cunning and malevolent motives on our side. No machine can match that. While their binary computations are taking place we will be busy with a devious scheme to spill beer on their delicate circuitry.

The answer is no, machines will not ever take over. Sure, they'll get smarter and more advanced. Probably do delicate surgeries soon enough. But humans have the advantage that put us on the top and kept us there. We have deception, backstabbing, cunning and malevolent motives on our side. No machine can match that. While their binary computations are taking place we will be busy with a devious scheme to spill beer on their delicate circuitry.
Wow! What happened???

What would be the limitations, if any?
The machines will always need maintenance, oiling, and repairs.

It really looks like Hawking has finally gone totally berserk.

He is the Adolf Hitler of astrophysics and he is finally self destructing.
Not if other machines are programmed to do that....ad infinitum

The 3 laws of robotics.
Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"
A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Of course there was a conflict of the 3 laws in I Robot.

Last edited:
~Whistles past the graveyard~

terminator.jpg

The 3 laws of robotics.
Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"
A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Of course there was a conflict of the 3 laws in I Robot.
Actually, the robots managed to find the perfect answer to the three laws. Humans didn't care for it. Whatcha gonna do?

Beer? BEER!?!

Thats it. I'm turning you over to the A/C overlord.

Well I know that right now we are trying to see how far we can go with AI and the biggest barrier is computers/machines with self awareness but we ARE trying to develop that too. Don't know if thats really possible but if that was to happen eventually, where would it go?

What is "IT" that machines would take away? They do have OFF buttons, unlike some humans. I am good with machines and automation. we have this Frankenstein complex, HAL 9000 fear of artificial awareness.

Last edited:
What is "IT" that machines would take away? They do have OFF buttons, unlike some humans. I am good with machines and automation. we have this Frankenstein complex, HAL 9000 fear of artificial awareness.

There would have to be so many of these machines with AI that they created their own parrallel society along side ours. That would be pretty far off though into the future

There would have to be so many of these machines with AI that they created their own parrallel society along side ours. That would be pretty far off though into the future
It seems like science fiction sort of hits close to the mark, yet misses the point completely. We don't have flying cars, nobody has created life, and there aren't any martians trying to invade. We get huge islands of floating plastic trash in the pacific, global warming and fear of nuclear poisoning, or attacks by terrorist hacking existing technology to further their ends.

Certainly nobody believed automobiles, airplanes, or computers would take over the world when they were first starting to show up on. Today's software and A.I. are not self-aware, but that field is advancing very quickly. At some point an artificial neural network will nearly perfectly imitate the human brain and could easily become sentient. What then?

What is self awareness? When cars can show more situational awareness than a human, I wonder what is the problem . They wont run red lights or run over pedestrians or dogs and then flee like a chicken shit. I welcome AI, can't be any worse than the asshole that almost ran me over on my bike and flips me off for my troubles.

Forum List

Back