Can blacks and other minorities claim self-defense after shooting a police officer?

“Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”

Norm Stamper, Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing

"Its a sad state of affairs when you are walking down the street at night, and you hear people coming up behind you, and you look back, and see they are White...and you are relieved." The Reverend Jessie Jackson.
When did Jessie Jackson become a white cop?
----------------------------------------

So, you got nothing. Good night.
What am I supposed to have against your deflection besides to mock you? What does JJ have to do with white cops being afraid of Blacks and killing them?
Haha, what a cop out. You just got schooled and now you have no intelligent response. You really aren't equipped to debate people outside your 70 IQ community.
You cant cop out to a dumb ass deflection. Now that you think I got schooled it confirms it was indeed a stupid ass reply. Thanks for condoning it and leaving no doubt.

Leftism:

White cop shoots black man. Motive? Racism

Black man shoots defenseless white cop 15 times. Motive? Unknown

FROM THE ARTICLE

"
No matter how brutal any police officer, it is rare that any suffer more than a few months suspension, usually with full pay, while a report is concocted that clears them of any wrong doing.

In America today, police murder with impunity. All the psychopaths have to say is, “I thought his wallet was a gun,” or “we had to taser the unconscious guy we found lying on the ground, because he wouldn’t obey our commands to get up."
Is that justification for murdering cops?

No it is not justification for murdering cops, but it is the reason we have reached this point, and that is so very important to understand. Cops are feared more than they are respected these days. Here is the thing about this. I know a lot of cops, and a lot of them are fucking bullies and pricks, so I really do understand why we are having this problem. There are also may who are decent cops, but I know a lot of them that are pure assholes.
Agreed.

My first post in this thread was a comment on leftism not police brutality.

Police do overreact and they are now a militarized arm of government. Most of us know when confronted by a cop, we are very careful and do what we are told. Some of us don't, and they end up dead. It is not right, but it is America today.

It is not racism, since cops kill far more whites than blacks.

Leftism:

FROM THE ARTICLE

"
No matter how brutal any police officer, it is rare that any suffer more than a few months suspension, usually with full pay, while a report is concocted that clears them of any wrong doing.

In America today, police murder with impunity. All the psychopaths have to say is, “I thought his wallet was a gun,” or “we had to taser the unconscious guy we found lying on the ground, because he wouldn’t obey our commands to get up."

And this is the problem right there. This is why cops are seeing this backlash against them, but they'll never admit they are part of the problem nor will the boot licking conservatives who keep letting them get away with their abuse and actively support them doing it.
It is much more than that.

The backlash against cops is in part the result of a president, AG, and others who have publicly sided against them.

WOULD YOU HAVE INDICTED A JEW WHO WAS GUILTY OF MURDERING A GESTAPO AGENT?

OMINOUS PARALLELS

The Nazi Police State was to ensure that everybody did as they were told – or paid the price. The Nazi Police were controlled by Heinrich Himmler and his feared secret police – the Gestapo – did as it pleased in Nazi Germany. Children’s loyalty could be developed with a policy of indoctrination via education and the Hitler Youth movement. Time and planning spent in these areas would bring a suitable reward for Hitler.

Doubling down on stupid I see.

The police need to stop policing black areas and confine themselves to preventing black people from leaving their designated no go zones.

Citizens can claim self-defense against cops, but it won't end well for them. Most Judges will simply fry anyone who harms a cop. They don't care whether it was justified self-defense or not. You harm a cop under any circumstances, you'll burn. They could rape and murder your family right in front of you, and there's nothing you could do about it.

No Judge is gonna side with you, the average Citizen. The Police are a special protected class now. But that's to be expected in a Police State. Darker times are still ahead. I don't see enough Americans standing up and opposing this rapidly expanding Police State.

The OP is correct in that American Police have been given too much power. They've become a special protected class with a licence to kill. They've become bullies. Americans just need to move away from the Authority-Worship mentality. They're both fascinated with and frightened of the Police. And that leads to worship.

It's just like how most Germans worshipped the Nazi Gestapo. People have to stop being so enamored with the shiny badge, uniform, and gun. They have to start holding Police accountable the same way average Citizens are. It's time for change.

Someone just shot a cop in Georgia because they went INTO the wrong house. We'll see is "afraid for my life" is a defense the general public is allowed to use against cops.

Leftism:

FROM THE ARTICLE

"

Sadly, this is true. The fear of being suspended or possibly losing their job, isn't enough. It's not enough motivation for them to do the right thing. They have to be prosecuted in the same fashion average Citizens are. The fear of a lengthy term in prison, is the only thing that frightens a cop enough to do the right thing.

Cops do not fair well in prison. And they know that. With no badge, uniform, and gun to protect them, they become easy prey for the big dogs in prison. So they can be held accountable, but more arrests and prosecutions will have to be made to get that across to them.

Police Are More Dangerous To The Public Than Are Criminals

By Paul Craig Roberts

At the state and local level every American faces brutal, armed psychopaths known as the police. The “law and order” conservatives and the “compassionate” liberals stand silent while police psychopaths brutalize children and grandmothers, murder double amputees in wheel chairs, break into the wrong homes, murder the family dogs, and terrify the occupants, pointing their automatic assault weapons in the faces of small children.

The American police perform no positive function. They pose a much larger threat to citizens than do the criminals who operate without a police badge. Americans would be safer if the police forces were abolished.

The police have been militarized and largely federalized by the Pentagon and the gestapo Homeland Security. The role of the federal government in equipping state and local police with military weapons, including tanks, and training in their use has essentially removed the police from state and local control. No matter how brutal any police officer, it is rare that any suffer more than a few months suspension, usually with full pay, while a report is concocted that clears them of any wrong doing.

Anyone can claim self defense against a cop…..proving it has a high hurdle…….

Someone just shot a cop in Georgia because they went INTO the wrong house. We'll see is "afraid for my life" is a defense the general public is allowed to use against cops.

I imagine it will be. Especially if they can convince people the cop did not alert people to his presence….

I imagine it will be. Especially if they can convince people the cop did not alert people to his presence….

A cops word against a Citizens word. Yeah good luck on that one

Probably not gonna work. Harming a cop under any circumstance, will get you fried. Judges don't side with average Citizens when it comes to cops being harmed. There is no justified self-defense argument for Citizens.

The Police are a special protected class now. They could rape and murder your family, and you'd have to sit there helpless and watch. If you dared defend your family, you'd either be murdered instantly or be prosecuted.

Good luck on that. The American Police are a special protected class with a licence to kill. If the cop dies, the Citizen will burn. Bet on that.

A cops word against a Citizens word. Yeah good luck on that one

Never said it would be easy did I?

Not easy...Its impossible.

Cop: I Identified myself and the owner shot me

Owner: There was no announcement and I though it was a burglar

Verdict: Owner is guilty of attempted murder

Police Are More Dangerous To The Public Than Are Criminals

By Paul Craig Roberts

At the state and local level every American faces brutal, armed psychopaths known as the police. The “law and order” conservatives and the “compassionate” liberals stand silent while police psychopaths brutalize children and grandmothers, murder double amputees in wheel chairs, break into the wrong homes, murder the family dogs, and terrify the occupants, pointing their automatic assault weapons in the faces of small children.

The American police perform no positive function. They pose a much larger threat to citizens than do the criminals who operate without a police badge. Americans would be safer if the police forces were abolished.

The police have been militarized and largely federalized by the Pentagon and the gestapo Homeland Security. The role of the federal government in equipping state and local police with military weapons, including tanks, and training in their use has essentially removed the police from state and local control. No matter how brutal any police officer, it is rare that any suffer more than a few months suspension, usually with full pay, while a report is concocted that clears them of any wrong doing.

This wrong type of thinking is what we get when the Left and the Media use labels all the time, rather than it being about individuals.
Not All Cops are bad and not All Blacks are bad.

Forum List

Back