Can black people be racist?

Recently, there was an incident reported and discussed regarding a couple who did not give a tip to a Hispanic teen because they believed her to be an illegal.

This was shared by an old classmate of mine on facebook who declared the couple racist.
Some perspective, he's black and I am white.

Anyway, there was some exchange back and forth amongst friends and as posts evolve, he claimed that black people CANNOT be racist, only prejudiced or bigoted.
His reasoning is that it is all about POWER and, generally, black people do not have that POWER.
So, I did a couple of Internet searches and could sort of see his point, but then I brought up the KNOCKOUT GAME and my contention that the act in and of itself is racist ( how can it be prejudiced or bigoted?) because of the general race of the perpetrator and the victim.
Since I mentioned that GAME, all I have heard is crickets.

So, can blacks be racist?
Why or why not?
They aren't called racists. They're called protesters.

Prejudiced, hatred and bigotry aside, individuals of all races can believe that their race is superior to another. In America only the Caucasians were able to act as a group to denigrate and subjugate one race while trying to eliminate another, because of systemic racism. So when they say only whites are racist......
Blacklivesmatter has changed all of that.

Obama removed that excuse they used for years when he started pushing "Social Justice" down our throats. It's part of that "Transformation Of America" he talked about.

annyone can be racist.its about being against another race.
someone can be racist while being racial prosecuted.
example an indian in southafrica during the apartheid could have been racist toward africans while being prosecuted by whites

Racism is an attempt to justify the manipulation of a people to serve your own end at their expense. It is a demonization of a people for the purpose of self defense against those who would question the morality of your actions, and to also relieve guilt.

Racism is a mechanism of rationalization and all humans are susceptible.

Racism is an attempt to justify the manipulation of a people to serve your own end at their expense. It is a demonization of a people for the purpose of self defense against those who would question the morality of your actions, and to also relieve guilt.

Racism is a mechanism of rationalization and all humans are susceptible.
Thats short and to the point. Thank You.

Blacklivesmatter has changed all of that

Can't change the history of White Supremacy in America.

To be sure there are those in BLM who have, shall we say a Nat Turner gene in them? But that's more of a reaction to and not the ability to keep in place, for generations, a systemic racist society.

To be sure there are those in BLM who have, shall we say a Nat Turner gene in them? But that's more of a reaction to and not the ability to keep in place, for generations, a systemic racist society.
A racist society created by DEMOCRATS BTW.

Before, they were the majority. Republicans fought for civil rights....and we're in the minority.

Then they figured out that co-opting civil rights and causing divisions could win elections where their ideas couldn't. Tax and spend was secondary and could be excused if they accused anyone who tried to stop them from spending of being racists.

The problem still remains that any society has abuse by the majority. This one is actually to a lessor extent than most countries.

Recently, there was an incident reported and discussed regarding a couple who did not give a tip to a Hispanic teen because they believed her to be an illegal.

This was shared by an old classmate of mine on facebook who declared the couple racist.

Anyway, there was some exchange back and forth amongst friends and as posts evolve, he claimed that black people CANNOT be racist, only prejudiced or bigoted.
His reasoning is that it is all about POWER and, generally, black people do not have that POWER.
So, I did a couple of Internet searches and could sort of see his point, but then I brought up the KNOCKOUT GAME and my contention that the act in and of itself is racist ( how can it be prejudiced or bigoted?) because of the general race of the perpetrator and the victim.

Why or why not?

yes. everyone is capable of being racist.

but pointing out racism is NOT racist.

Before, they were the majority. Republicans fought for civil rights....and we're in the minority.

Then they figured out that co-opting civil rights and causing divisions could win elections where their ideas couldn't. Tax and spend was secondary and could be excused if they accused anyone who tried to stop them from spending of being racists.

quiet, nutty muddy. :cuckoo:

The problem still remains that any society has abuse by the majority. This one is actually to a lessor extent than most countries.

Yawn, Europeans were not Democrats.

The great emancipator himself was a racist.

I was speaking of roughly 1850-1964.

And Lincoln wasn't a racist. I cannot figure what Commie professor told you that stupid rubbish.

Why or why not?

Yes.

Anyone who holds a broad negative belief about a specific race is racist.

Any black who sees ALL WHITES as bad evil doers and suppressors is a racist.

Get it?

I was speaking of roughly 1850-1964.

And Lincoln wasn't a racist. I cannot figure what Commie professor told you that stupid rubbish.

Professor Linclon:

Lincoln's speeches in defense of white supremacy during the Lincoln-Douglas debates were an important part of Bennett's charges and in recent years have become among the most fre-Page [End Page 26]quently quoted words of Lincoln. In the following remarks made at the fourth debate, at Charleston, he responded to Douglas's charges that he favored racial equality and amalgamation:

I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause] ... I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will for ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. [7]

Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations

Forum List

Back