Can a Man Be Raped?

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
And I mean by a woman. Are there any cases where a woman has been prosecuted and or convicted of such a crime?

Is is physically possible to rape a man??

(and not talking age of consent in this thread)

Discuss..

If you just buy the guy a couple of beers most likely he will do what ever you ask... No need for torn clothes and bruises. He'll go down quietly.

He certainly can be sexually assaulted and harassed. But I have to admit, I am confused on how it could actually happen considering mechanics.

He certainly can be sexually assaulted and harassed. But I have to admit, I am confused on how it could actually happen considering mechanics.

Really?

Erection is a physiological response semi-independent of psychological stimuli

Many rapists have claimed that a woman wasn't raped either, if she had an orgasm/got wet (exhibited a physiological response to physical stimuli). Are you saying they're right?

And I mean by a woman. Are there any cases where a woman has been prosecuted and or convicted of such a crime?

Are you referring specifically to forcible rape?

Yes

Yes, and I don't mean sodomized with anything...of course I realize that can happen..
I mean like straight sex.

Are you implying that unless a man can acheive an erection and enter his rapist vagina, then it is not rape?

If so, that means a man who cannot acheive erection cannot rape a woman.

[SIZE=+1]Myth: Getting an erection or ejaculation during sexual assault means you "really wanted it" or consented to it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Reality: This is one of the things that can cause male rape survivors a lot of confusion and guilt when they do not know how things work. For a start I can honestly say that getting an erection shows nothing other than your body responds how it is suppose to do. It is a totally normal thing to happen and has nothing to do with desire. Have you never been on a bus, or sat in an office meeting, and it has gone hard all by it's self for no reason ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Basically, unless you have some medical condition that stops you then you will get an erection when it is manipulated. It is a result of stimulation, and it does not matter if you do not want it to happen or not. There is little you can do to stop it most of the time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Sadly, some males become confused and think an erection equals arousal equals them wanting it. In reality all it means is that part of the body has nerve endings that respond to touch and that touch can be wanted or not wanted, pleasant or non pleasant. With lubricant you will have even less choice as to how it responds to touch. It is the same as the body will respond to someone tickling you and you will probably laugh, but if it is done at a time or by a person you do not want to tickle you it will still respond.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] If you were penetrated, the pressure in the prostate gland (see diagram below) also will cause an erection. Anyone who has ever had a DRE (short for Digital Rectal Exam) of the prostate at their doctors will know that getting an erection often happens during the examination. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]
an4.gif
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Now as far as ejaculation goes, again this is a very normal thing to have happened. In fact, the rapist will very often go out of their way to make sure that you do ejaculate, in order to try to make you more ashamed, (adds to their dominate feeling of power) and also they know it will likely reduce your chances of reporting the crime. First off, it is because it is a normal reaction to stimulation. Second, the pressure on the prostate will, by it's self, release some fluid, making the penis more sensitive to that stimulation. In fact, it is possible for a doctor to obtain a semen sample during a DRE. Pressure on the seminal vesicle will likewise release a lot of fluid, and could resemble ejaculation to some extent, although may feel different. [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+1]
Seminal Vesicles: Two glands which provides about two-thirds of the fluid which makes up the semen. These are located to the left and right of the prostate. Output of the seminal vesicle mixes with the sperm from the vas deferens and flows through a duct which then passes the fluid through the prostate to the urethra.​
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]One other thing to remember, is that ejaculation against your will, and an orgasm when having a wanted sexual encounter are, two totally different things.[/SIZE]​
Male Rape myths and facts, the rape of men

Really?

Many rapists have claimed that a woman wasn't raped either, if she had an orgasm/got wet (exhibited a physiological response to physical stimuli). Are you saying they're right?

So are you saying a man can be raped by a woman as easily as a woman can be by a man?

Really?

So are you saying a man can be raped by a woman as easily as a woman can be by a man?
I'm saying that a man can be raped by a woman

The second half of your sentence is dishonest, as a particular woman might or might not be able to coerce or subdue a particular man, and visa-versa.

Did you want an honest answer? Because it's started to appear otherwise.

Really?

I wouldn't say in general it would be as easy for a woman to rape a man just due to size differences...

But the same could be said regarding just regular assault...most of the time a woman is less likely to assault a man because she is smaller, but it can happen.

[SIZE=+1]Myth: Getting an erection or ejaculation during sexual assault means you "really wanted it" or consented to it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Reality: This is one of the things that can cause male rape survivors a lot of confusion and guilt when they do not know how things work. For a start I can honestly say that getting an erection shows nothing other than your body responds how it is suppose to do. It is a totally normal thing to happen and has nothing to do with desire. Have you never been on a bus, or sat in an office meeting, and it has gone hard all by it's self for no reason ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Basically, unless you have some medical condition that stops you then you will get an erection when it is manipulated. It is a result of stimulation, and it does not matter if you do not want it to happen or not. There is little you can do to stop it most of the time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Sadly, some males become confused and think an erection equals arousal equals them wanting it. In reality all it means is that part of the body has nerve endings that respond to touch and that touch can be wanted or not wanted, pleasant or non pleasant. With lubricant you will have even less choice as to how it responds to touch. It is the same as the body will respond to someone tickling you and you will probably laugh, but if it is done at a time or by a person you do not want to tickle you it will still respond.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] If you were penetrated, the pressure in the prostate gland (see diagram below) also will cause an erection. Anyone who has ever had a DRE (short for Digital Rectal Exam) of the prostate at their doctors will know that getting an erection often happens during the examination. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]
an4.gif
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Now as far as ejaculation goes, again this is a very normal thing to have happened. In fact, the rapist will very often go out of their way to make sure that you do ejaculate, in order to try to make you more ashamed, (adds to their dominate feeling of power) and also they know it will likely reduce your chances of reporting the crime. First off, it is because it is a normal reaction to stimulation. Second, the pressure on the prostate will, by it's self, release some fluid, making the penis more sensitive to that stimulation. In fact, it is possible for a doctor to obtain a semen sample during a DRE. Pressure on the seminal vesicle will likewise release a lot of fluid, and could resemble ejaculation to some extent, although may feel different. [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+1]
Seminal Vesicles: Two glands which provides about two-thirds of the fluid which makes up the semen. These are located to the left and right of the prostate. Output of the seminal vesicle mixes with the sperm from the vas deferens and flows through a duct which then passes the fluid through the prostate to the urethra.​
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]One other thing to remember, is that ejaculation against your will, and an orgasm when having a wanted sexual encounter are, two totally different things.[/SIZE]​
Male Rape myths and facts, the rape of men

Interesting, and makes sense.

Since generally a man is stronger than a woman, he could stop it easier unless bound, wouldn't that be correct?

(and not talking age of consent in this thread)

Discuss..

I am going to say yes, and that YES women have been prosecuted and convicted for raping men.

Men having erections, is a lot different from a female getting aroused and releasing a vaginal secretion.. Men can have erections that are not wanted. Young men have them for no reason at all, sitting in their classes at school.. When they get older, they sometimes talk about how embarrassing that kind of thing was (usually in a parody of sorts, lol)

A man can have an erection as the result of a physical stimuli- even if the physical stimuli was unwanted..

Just because a man has an erection, doesnt mean he wants to have sex. No means no, and if a woman overpowers him, and has sex with him in spite of him saying no (or if she has sex with him after he said no, and did not have to physically struggle with him, even) that is rape.

Last edited:
I really don't care to revisit this topic so soon, on this board. But, just out of curiosity, aside from the annoying Socratic questioning, what position are taking within the thread you started.

Discuss

Are you implying that unless a man can acheive an erection and enter his rapist vagina, then it is not rape?

If so, that means a man who cannot acheive erection cannot rape a woman.
Not in the least. I'm wondering if that specific situation can actually happen in a woman raping a man, though.

Forum List

Back